PDA

View Full Version : DTM - Oschersleben

bt52b
6th May 2007, 15:52
Gary Paffett has become the first man to win a DTM race in a one-year-old car at Oschersleben

Pos Driver Make Time
1. Gary Paffett Mercedes 1h 03:30.763
2. Paul Di Resta Mercedes + 3.753
3. Mike Rockenfeller Audi + 15.044
4. Timo Scheider Audi + 19.306
5. Martin Tomczyk Audi + 19.818

Ian McC
6th May 2007, 18:46
Di Resta continues to impress more so, his car is two years old. Mercedes seem to have real problems this year with the new car.

reidy_fan
6th May 2007, 19:48
arse!!! forgot all about it, well done to Paul Di Resta just wonder how long it will be before he joins his cousins in the USa racing

Ian McC
6th May 2007, 19:51
Actually so did I! I am sure Motors will repeat it at some point.

Simmi
6th May 2007, 20:06
They were both helped by Ekstrom jumping the start, but another decent race and this time Gary got the strategy right and took a deserved win.

VkmSpouge
7th May 2007, 16:58
Paffett simply out raced everyone in the entire field and in a year old car too. If anything Paul di Riesta is even more impressive. Only his second DTM race, in a two year old car and he gets second place and takes the joint lead of the championship. Mike Rockenfeller also did an excellent job in his year old Audi. At the moment they are embarrassing the drivers in the 2007 cars.

CarlMetro
8th May 2007, 09:39
Both Paffet and Di Resta were impressive on Sunday. Some on who was very much less than impressive was Jamie Green with his move on Vamina Ickx. I understand his frustration is being blocked by her, but to send o her off the track in the way he did was very dangerous and deserved more than just a drive-through penalty.

GridGirl
8th May 2007, 22:45
WOW, I cant believe Gary won in a year old car. Does anyone know where I can see a repeat of the race?

cos
9th May 2007, 00:19
WOW, I cant believe Gary won in a year old car. Does anyone know where I can see a repeat of the race?

If you've got MotorsTV the whole race is replayed at various times this week!

jens
10th May 2007, 16:21
The race results are really strange and even unbelievable.

Btw, Häkkinen was fighting for third, but a couple of laps before the end had a collision with Rockenfeller, which caused a puncture.

New Mercedes seems to be good over one lap (both Spengler and Häkkinen have won one qualifying), but can't endure the whole race distance. In the last race Spengler and Schneider had also some problems.

Oschersleben has been usually suitable to Audi, so strange that their new car was so uncompetitive today. Okay, Ekström had a jump start, but Scheider and Tomczyk couldn't shine either.