PDA

View Full Version : Rick Kerry

Ed
5th May 2007, 23:31
I think he and the team are doing a really good job this year and I for one love seeing the 1 series on the track, but I wondering and I hope Rick himself will answer this question if he comes on to the forum, why would someone buy a unproven car when the could buy a 3 series like RACs? Im guessing the cost is one of the issues but I think its extreamly interesting and brave to adopt the route that he and his team have done

kali
6th May 2007, 21:12
I think he's doing well but he must be getting pissed off with always being last on the track.

Les
6th May 2007, 22:50
having talked to him numerous times I think he is liking the challenge. There is a long list of things they want/have to do to the car and slowly they are improving it. At the moment all the work is being done in their spare time so you might not see it out at Croft but if they get some more sponsorship and can spend more time on it then this may change.
I think they are a real asset to the BTCC and what a hell of a nice bloke.

VXRDartford
7th May 2007, 01:10
I think it is great that rick is still out there fighting he could quite easily have given up.
I hope that this 4 week gap to the next meeting will give him sometime to improve the car even more and he starts getting the results he deserves.

And Rick if you are reading this I am sure it is starting to get a bit frustrating but I hope you can take heart that the fans are on your side as this forum shows. Keep up the good work you are a credit to the BTCC.

PS. Can't wait to see the new spoiler it will make it look even better than it already is!!

Les
7th May 2007, 16:23
what he did say was the cheers he got when he came round the chicane at the end of the race - he gets a bigger cheer than a lot of the others and it's well deserved

Allyc85
7th May 2007, 21:27
Yea fantastic cheer for Rick at the end of race 2 at the complex, which was well deserved after all the hard work theyve done.

It was great to meet him as well right at the end of the pit lane session. Even thoug he was in a rush he still signed a photo for me, top man :)

PDS
7th May 2007, 23:38
Rick is having a family break away this week.

He was receiving help at the weekend from BMW. A technician from the factory was on hand to give help and guidance to the team. Rick was so impressed, he found 4 seconds a lap between testing and qualifying!

The team are looking to make some more improvements suggested by the technician to help close the gap to the rest of the field.

racerm5
13th May 2007, 21:47
Hi all
I think this is strange,here we are struggling to come last but i have such positive comments from everyone.So a big thanks and you all dont know how much it helps.
Ed to answer your question bmw told us the car could as close as .5 a second a lap on a 2 minute track when its all sorted.Coupled with the interest in the diesel being in the btcc and i could afford the E90 then theres your answer.
Having bmw there was a great help and the problem was the car no speedo reading so it thought it was on a test bed and put a 1.6 second delay on the throttle.We thought great now were getting somewhere but the man from bmw advised us we have none of the E90 aerodynamics under the car and the car was 75mm higher than the factory car so we need to modify the rear arches.The engine mounts are wrong so the engine will sit lower and further back.The cars 63 kg too heavy oops thought we were light.The sequential box will allow flat shift and a 9kg lighter flywheel.Too much suspension trave so she rolls too much.
These are but a few of the problems which should really help as well as testing.
So lots too do before the next round which will probaly be oulton it just depends on time.

A big thanks to everyone for there support.
will keep you all posted...thanks Rick

Ed
14th May 2007, 19:48
cheers Ric and all the best for the rest of the season

nik
15th May 2007, 00:18
Massive respect to Rick Kerry and his team, he's beating a certain driver (who shall remain nameless) who's in a much better car.

BTCC2
15th May 2007, 16:15
cough- Richard Marsh -cough

Allyc85
15th May 2007, 16:23
Cheers for the update rick, hope all the work there gives the improvements we want to see.

AlexD
15th May 2007, 18:08
Rick's car has to be one of my favorite cars on the grid. The 1-series diesel really sounds like the BTCC car of tomorrow, so it's great to see it already racing!
It was obvious that it wouldn't win straight away, but it's a great idea and its only a matter of time before diesel touring cars are right at the front, just like in other motorsport.
Best of luck for the season!

CroftPilgrim
15th May 2007, 21:46
In one sense the fact that there is a lot still to do on the car is encouraging. It means we've nowhere near seen the best of this car yet (not that I for one minute thought we had). Looking forward to seeing the car at Croft - there'll be a big cheer from us for sure!

Les
15th May 2007, 21:53
really odd but I was talking to my brother today and he mentions that I must talk to Rick's manager Paul - turns out he and my brother know each other really well....

racerm5
29th May 2007, 21:34
Hi All
Just an update.We wont be at croft but we are nearing completion of our improvement of the car and will test the week before oulton.We should be able to compare times with last years result and see how close we get.Wanted to test at rockingham but no dates available.But we have made some big improvements and hope it reflects in our times at oulton.
A big thanks to the team who have been working lots of hours in there spare time....
See you all at oulton...thanks Rick

Captain VXR
30th May 2007, 09:47
Good luck Rick. I hope to see you racing again at the Thruxton final :)

racerm5
16th August 2007, 20:30
Hi All
Just a quick update
We tested today and all the problems from oulton,donnington and snetterton appears to be sorted and were looking forward to seeing how much we have improved since our first race.
Lots of suspension work today and the car is handling loads better and seems to have the power back after the turbo damage.
Looking forward to seeing everyone at brands and hoping we can do better this time

Thanks Rick

nicemms
16th August 2007, 21:45
Thanks for the update! Good luck for Brands!

VkmSpouge
16th August 2007, 22:50
Hope you have a good weekend at Brands Hatch, Rick.

Allyc85
17th August 2007, 09:38
cheers for the update Rick, I wish you all the best :)

VkmSpouge
18th August 2007, 16:40
Rick Kerry has certainly improved since the beginning of the season.

Brands Hatch March
Pole: 49.532
Kerry: 53.586
Gap to Pole: 4.054
Percentage from Pole: 8.185%

Brands Hatch August
Pole: 49.446
Kerry: 52.034
Gap to Pole: 2.588
Percentage from Pole: 5.234%

So Kerry has improved by 1.5s at Brands Hatch and closed in 3% on the leaders. Hopefully they'll have a good trio of races tomorrow.

LiamM
18th August 2007, 16:55
Wow!

I'm sure Vauxhall or SEAT would love to find an extra 1.5 seconds over the course of a season.

Keep up the good work Rick!

PDS
18th August 2007, 20:31
It was good to see a smile on Rick's face today!

Allyc85
18th August 2007, 22:54
Thats brilliant progress, hopefully itl continue :D

Steelrat
19th August 2007, 18:41
Can I just say well done to Rick's team for getting the car back for the 3rd race after the carnage of race 1? When I saw it on the trailer I thought "that's it" but they did an amazing job and my jaw dropped when he zipped out for the warm up.

Good work, people.

P

VkmSpouge
19th August 2007, 19:27
At least Rick Kerry made the third race and finished (albeit a couple of laps down).

wedge
19th August 2007, 22:28
Nice to see Rick making progress.

Personally I think we could do with another diesel at the very least - preferably a BMW 1 series to even the score a bit - and I and many others will take you seriously a lot more. Even better, they should have a diesel class!

I'm surprised I haven't come across negative comments on here. At meetings I'm always forever hearing "why's that mobile chicane of a yellow Beemer so far behind? Is it diesel/electric? Why race diesel when its inferior?"

Judging by the comments on here I'm far too elitist and am spouting absolute nonsense! :P

Keep up the good work Rick!

Iain
20th August 2007, 00:08
Going by the stickers on the sides of the cars, Rick appeared to be running with Bio-Diesel this weekend? Good work by the team to get the car back running for race 3.

Les
20th August 2007, 06:29
Rick is one of the really nice people in the paddock . Though telling me he was still on his original bumper was a tad premature ;)
Glad it all got fixed and really really pleased it has improved so much. Roll on Thruxton.

racerm5
20th August 2007, 09:40
Rick is one of the really nice people in the paddock . Though telling me he was still on his original bumper was a tad premature ;)
Glad it all got fixed and really really pleased it has improved so much. Roll on Thruxton.

Hi All
Yes les i spoke too soon but it had lasted too long for my liking.
Can i just say a BIG THANKYOU to the team for a great job.The marshalls and the crowd for the big cheer and applause for getting the car on the track.
That made my weekend.Also the other teams Team rac,btc,team all about property to name a few it was great to see all the offers of help.
The car was better but we feel we could have done more or i do anyway and this will get better with more testing.
Its been a rollercoaster season but will still havent seen the best of the car or me but theres still thruxton to show more improvements.
Thanks again to everyone on here for all the support it does mean alot to me and the team..

thanks Rick

Iain
20th August 2007, 10:39
Does this mean you're not coming up to visit us at Knockhill Rick? :(

racerm5
20th August 2007, 12:05
Does this mean you're not coming up to visit us at Knockhill Rick? :(

Id love to but im just running out of money.

Fingers crossed on the lottery...

nicemms
20th August 2007, 18:50
Its a shame you won't be at Knockhill but lets hope you can have a great weekend at Thruxton!

Steelrat
20th August 2007, 18:51
Id love to but im just running out of money.

Fingers crossed on the lottery...

Ah, sorry, Rick, first dibs, me, on the lottery.

Tell you what, though. When I win I'll give you a big wodge so you *will* do all races .....

P

AlexD
21st August 2007, 00:13
My, I can only wonder what It must feel like to have that humongous trainwreck taking place right in front of you. I haven't seen anything like it since F1 at Spa all those years ago. It now makes me really realise what guts it take to be a driver in this series.

It's a shame to hear about the lack of money. At least it's good news the car it getting more on the pace. Good luck!

Allyc85
21st August 2007, 16:21
was meant to ask Rick, how was the car on Bio-diesel, any problems/advantages?

racerm5
21st August 2007, 22:40
was meant to ask Rick, how was the car on Bio-diesel, any problems/advantages?

Difficult to say but the car didnt really feel any different so atleast no problems.We will take it to rolling road and see if the figures change.
It might change as we increase the blend.
We have spoke to someone who thinks as the blend increases then the touque might improve but were yet to see it...thanks Rick

poole123
22nd August 2007, 10:33
hi Rick,
Just wondering what your plans are for 2008. Keep up the good work

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd August 2007, 10:39
What view did Rick have of the race 1 shunt?

racerm5
22nd August 2007, 13:38
What view did Rick have of the race 1 shunt?

I think Matt Jackson had a race incident which happens to us all and that the fine and moving him down the grid was unfair.I have no problem with anyone its just racing.
I had a clear track ahead untill i got alongside fionna and John George(is he the happiest man on earth,what a great bloke)suddenly appeared infront which gave me about a car length to take as much speed out of the car i could.
My car wasnt too bad but needed lots of bits.

As for next year then if we get the sponsorship which is being talked about then we can get the car on the pace.Just been restricted this ear with the budget.But i never believe anything till the cheques have cleared so will keep you informed when i can.

thanks Rick

poole123
22nd August 2007, 13:59
It has been fantastic to watch you getting better and better at each round.
Was it always your dream to race in the Btcc?

racerm5
22nd August 2007, 14:02
It has been fantastic to watch you getting better and better at each round.
Was it always your dream to race in the Btcc?

Yes it was always a dream and i always said if i won the lottery its what i would do.To be out there now even though we are not as quick yet as we would like still seems like a dream.
Just hope we get the backing next year...
thanks Rick

VXRDartford
22nd August 2007, 14:11
Thanks for all the updates. I hope you get the backing you need. Hope to see you at thruxton

VkmSpouge
22nd August 2007, 14:17
Just hope we get the backing next year...
thanks Rick

It would be very good to see you back next year.

Mp3 Astra
22nd August 2007, 17:56
My car wasnt too bad but needed lots of bits.
http://www.mb.t-u-x.com/gallery/albums/BTCC/Brands/BTCCR08BRANDS18-190807_32.jpg
Wow, you must be such an optimist; to me it looks a wreck! :eek:

racerm5
22nd August 2007, 20:40
http://www.mb.t-u-x.com/gallery/albums/BTCC/Brands/BTCCR08BRANDS18-190807_32.jpg
Wow, you must be such an optimist; to me it looks a wreck! :eek:

Yeah you have to be an optimist but also a panel beater by trade and own a bodyshop...lol

poole123
22nd August 2007, 21:48
Of the current race tracks on the btcc calendar which is your favourite circuit and why?.

racerm5
22nd August 2007, 22:22
Of the current race tracks on the btcc calendar which is your favourite circuit and why?.

My favourite has always been thruxton as churches scares me and i have a couple of lap records there.
Snetterton must be a close 2nd as ive raced and tested there so much.
But to be honest i like all the circuits as long as im going round it and not watching.

poole123
23rd August 2007, 09:33
Thanks for replying to our questions Rick,
I hope you dont mind us asking them!
It is great to find out your views.

racerm5
9th October 2007, 09:24
Hi All
Just to let you know that we had 2 good test sessions this week and have showed some good improvement.Theres still a few bits to finish but the car is looking like getting with the pack for the first time this season.We were just over 2 seconds quicker around snetterton than in august on some very very secondhand tyres.
Looking forward to the last round and to seeing everyone there...

thanks Rick

Rusty
9th October 2007, 09:49
I'll be there mate will pop and say hello on Saturday good luck for the weekend....

Les
9th October 2007, 13:20
thanks for putting up with me on Friday Rick :)

look forward to seeing the improvements and how it goes over the weekend

VkmSpouge
9th October 2007, 17:52
Good luck for Thruxton, Rick! Lets hope you sneak a point :D

Allyc85
9th October 2007, 18:58
Good luck rick, il be cheering you on from the chicane :D

AlexD
10th October 2007, 17:55
I can only make it for Saturday, but I'll wish you luck!

racerm5
17th December 2007, 20:27
Hi All

Just thought i hadnt been on here for a while so thought id better update you all
The engine is away being developed by a famous engine builder and today agreed a deal with a sequential gearbox company.All should come together by end of jan to start testing ready for new season.
Should be a press release after christmas but things are moving forward and im looking forward to driving a competitive car at last.
Thanks to everyone for there support last year and id like to wish everyone a great christmas and a great 2008.
See you all soon

Rick Kerry

VkmSpouge
17th December 2007, 21:25
Keep working away, Rick! I really hope the car comes into its own next year.

Allyc85
18th December 2007, 16:31
Sounds like great news Rick! Hope you have a great christmas n all the best for next year :)

MBailey06
18th December 2007, 17:26
Do you expect to race with the pack next year with the changes you have made to the car? Would be nice considering the amazing effort you are putting into the project.

DazzlaF1
18th December 2007, 23:19
I dont think theres anyone on the grid i want to see do well more than you Rick, just because of the amount of effort you're putting in, it deserves some reward

Keep up the good work, and heres to a points finish at least next year :up:

BeeJ_UK
19th December 2007, 10:00
Looking forward to seeing you on the circuit next season, hopefully my services as a marshal will not be required for you.