PDA

View Full Version : Hodgson to replace Jacque?

ChrisS
5th May 2007, 19:49
Hodgson is a contender for Jacque's Kawasaki MotoGP ride at Le Mans

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58506

I wonder if Ducati will allow him? :confused:

fatman
5th May 2007, 19:52
From what I've read, and I think it was over at MCN or Kropotkin's site, Hodgeson is contracted by Bridgestone as a test rider and on loan to Ducati. So it could be up to Bridgestone who he rides with.

I could be wrong in my interpritation tho.

ChrisS
5th May 2007, 20:52
That is my understanding too,but I'm not sure if the testing he does is for Ducati only or Bridgestone tyres for all the teams

if he tests for Ducati only they may not want him to ride for another team and maybe reveal ways ducati gets the best out of the tyres

Corny
5th May 2007, 21:20
would be cool!
I expected Pitt to get in that seat

jonny hurlock
6th May 2007, 12:12
no, not going to happen, jacques will be back for le mans, would it be nieto in wsb would have replace jauques if he out injured,I heard that nieto will do some rounds as a wildcard

jonny hurlock
16th May 2007, 20:43
no, not going to happen, jacques will be back for le mans, would it be nieto in wsb would have replace jauques if he out injured,I heard that nieto will do some rounds as a wildcard

nieto is in for le mans to replace jauques

tha_jackal
17th May 2007, 01:52
nieto is in for le mans to replace jauques

That was always going to be the choice. There was talk about him having a wildcard ride(s) at the start of the season (i.e Kawasaki running three bikes at some rounds.) If he does well this w.e, he'll replace Jacque next year, no question.

NinjaMaster
17th May 2007, 11:01
That was always going to be the choice. There was talk about him having a wildcard ride(s) at the start of the season (i.e Kawasaki running three bikes at some rounds.) If he does well this w.e, he'll replace Jacque next year, no question.
I don't think there's any chance of him racing a Kwak in MotoGP next year regardless of what he does this weekend (which wil be stuff all, though he may skittle a few). He was always going to be first choice replacement for Jacque though I reckon they would be better off with Akira Yanagawa. ;)