PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari B-spec A New Car!!!

DimitraF1
4th May 2007, 12:57
http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070504100820.shtml

half a second quicker from the best car of the last race...
THIS IS VERY SERIOUS!!!

ShiftingGears
4th May 2007, 13:07
Remember it is Sport Bild that said it, I can't say I trust it as a source of accurate information. I wonder if McLarens wing will do anything though?

blakebeatty
4th May 2007, 14:23
Remember it is Sport Bild that said it, I can't say I trust it as a source of accurate information. I wonder if McLarens wing will do anything though?

but it stays in sync with other articles out of Barcelona, like ferrari's smaller sidepods...

ioan
4th May 2007, 14:27
I wouldn't call it a new car as long as he chassis is the same.
They have a new engine cover and sidepods, plus a new undertray (as all of them given the new FIA rules for that side of the car).

But if they really made a 0.5 seconds improvement ( per lap but which lap?) than McLaren should be worried.

Hawkmoon
5th May 2007, 00:18
If what Bild says is correct then the Ferraris will finish the Spanish GP a full minute ahead of the McLarens. Can anybody see this happening? I can't. The new bodywork may have made the car faster but I think there's still only a few tenths between the two teams.

PSfan
5th May 2007, 02:16
It seems everyone is announcing that their cars are improved from the ones they had at the last race...

A thought I just had, wouldn't it be neat if 1 track hosted 2 f1 races a year? One at the start of the season, and one at the end so we can see how the cars have improved over the span of the season... :cheese:

andreag
5th May 2007, 10:51
Watching at the testing times of all teams this week, compared with the ones in February (in Barcelona, the same track), Raikkönen improved .525 s. his best time, though Massa wasn`t faster than then.

Maybe this is the half second they're talking about. Of course it depends on how they get this best time, but at least the track is the same, and the conditions similar (except for one day).

But if we look at this times, Coulthard has improved his best time by .789 s., Webber by 1.030 s., de la Rosa by 1.367 (watch this), Sato by 2.710 s., and Liuzzi by 3.525.

Anyway, race is coming, and real times will be shown there.

Roamy
5th May 2007, 17:13
ferrari needs to kick everyones ass by about two minutes. the salvation of F1 needs to begin now.. Here we are right back to suck and duck (mosely and bernie) ruining the sport. No high speed - no control of aero, brakes or anything that could make the sport exciting. The high tech parade moves on.

DimitraF1
7th May 2007, 00:48
ass? lol

Mjfan12
7th May 2007, 02:14
ferrari needs to kick everyones ass by about two minutes. the salvation of F1 needs to begin now.. Here we are right back to suck and duck (mosely and bernie) ruining the sport. No high speed - no control of aero, brakes or anything that could make the sport exciting. The high tech parade moves on.

haha if the 5 year domination by schumacher and ferrari didnt do it, nothing will. until bernie dies.

DonJippo
8th May 2007, 02:03
I wouldn't call it a new car as long as he chassis is the same.
They have a new engine cover and sidepods, plus a new undertray (as all of them given the new FIA rules for that side of the car).

But if they really made a 0.5 seconds improvement ( per lap but which lap?) than McLaren should be worried.

It's this that gives the improvement

But it is the engine's cooling system that is the newest, allowing Maranello based engineers to run a more aggressive bodywork setup

Old cooling system was also the reason for bad performance in Malaysia compared to first race in OZ.

DimitraF1
8th May 2007, 02:41
you are a ferrari engineer and you know the reason?

CarlMetro
8th May 2007, 10:38
Well if it's in Bild then it must be true :rolleyes: Personally I'll believe it when I see it.