PDA

View Full Version : The New Boys

truckmonster
3rd May 2007, 22:39
Has any one any information on how the new boys Mr Tressler and Mr Arnold found racin at the rock at the weekend? Did they enjoy racing next to the wall or are they happier on the circuits? :s pin:

Nick Brad
4th May 2007, 11:51
I can't comment on either of those two, but Rob had a great time in the SCSA cars and it was a pleasure to spot for him. Unfortunately the car has some push to dial out, but Rob took the sensible approach with the crew of making small adjustments rather than change half the things on the car which netted 2 finishes and very respectable lap times, (into the 37's at one point) considering the push and it being his first time out.

truckmonster
5th May 2007, 09:47
Nick is SCSA good to spot for or do you prefer the pick ups?

Abo
5th May 2007, 12:32
Nick is SCSA good to spot for or do you prefer the pick ups?

Dunno about Nick but I prefer spotting for the pickup because non-stop action. I'm almost constantly on the radio, unless they get strung out for some reason but you know how little that happens.

turn 4 mad
5th May 2007, 12:37
Dunno about Nick but I prefer spotting for the pickup because non-stop action. I'm almost constantly on the radio, unless they get strung out for some reason but you know how little that happens.

how do you mean non stop action? didnt the pickups have more yellow flags last week than the big boys?

Abo
5th May 2007, 12:44
how do you mean non stop action? didnt the pickups have more yellow flags last week than the big boys?

Yes, but when they're under race conditions the action is more frantic. I know Colin and Hunter's spotters will have been busier than me during the SCSA races, but with all the swapping about the pickups do it makes for a lot of radio traffic...

bravheart
5th May 2007, 13:56
Yes, but when they're under race conditions the action is more frantic. I know Colin and Hunter's spotters will have been busier than me during the SCSA races, but with all the swapping about the pickups do it makes for a lot of radio traffic...

Do i take it that you didn't watch the SCSA races? because if you had you would have seen 2 sometimes 3 and at turn 1 at one point nearly 4 abreast! and i can assure you! it got more than a little frantic at times, i even got bumped at 1 point on the main start finish straight and the 31 Car got sideways!!!! as for My spotter? i dont think he had the chance to take a breath at times with all the radio traffic!!

just_smile99
5th May 2007, 16:35
Do i take it that you didn't watch the SCSA races? because if you had you would have seen 2 sometimes 3 and at turn 1 at one point nearly 4 abreast! and i can assure you! it got more than a little frantic at times, i even got bumped at 1 point on the main start finish straight and the 31 Car got sideways!!!! as for My spotter? i dont think he had the chance to take a breath at times with all the radio traffic!!

Abo is the spotter for Pete Wilkinson. So he spotted for both the Pickup races and SCSA races. From what i heard it was hard work too

Laura

X

Nick Brad
10th May 2007, 14:09
Yep, Neil, (Abo,) was alongside me for the SCSA races so he did get a good view of all the action. I know what he means though by saying that the pickups are more frantic, I felt more calm this year despite all the close racing, thinking about it though that could be due to the fact that the gantry is overcrowded with the pickups, which probably gives a false impression that you are working harder when in fact you've put in just as much radio time.

As for which I prefer spotting for, it has to be the V8 Trophy. The aformentioned overcrowding can make for an uncomfortable race with the pickups and unless you have planned it correctly, you find yourself unable to move to work with another spotter halfway down the gantry unless you're resigned to the fact that you'll spend the rest of the race trying to squeeze in to a solid wall. I also find that the atmosphere with Rob is different and allows me to enjoy myself more. That's not to say I didn't have good times with Tony in the past, quite the opposite, but I feel the relationship never really clicked and we weren't as an effective partnership as we should have been.