PDA

View Full Version : Ironic Injury

Old Stock Nut
12th December 2006, 18:21
Driving a NASCAR must be safer than golf.

Jimmie Johnson must have driven something like upwards of 10,000 laps in his car this season at anything from 150-200 mph without getting hurt. Apparently after a bit of horse-play on a golf cart at a charity day this week, he fell off it and has broken his wrist. He won't be able to drive for about 4 weeks. So like I said - driving a NASCAR must be safer than golf!!!! Mind you, I suspect that Greg Biffle might argue the point after his dislocated shoulder last week in his crash testing at Las Vegas.

Anyway, we can at least say that playing golf is no safer than driving a NASCAR - the stats prove it now, even if the sample size is a bit suspect - try that on your local insurance company next time.

Henry Cutts
12th December 2006, 18:56
Champ Car driver Paul Tracy also got injured on a golf cart this year, golf is dangerous!

jonv
12th December 2006, 20:04
means he can't drive in the Race of Champions this year. Not seen who is going to replace him yet - hoping for Smoke but fear Jeff Gordon.

LessThanSte
12th December 2006, 20:09
Jeff Gordon should and imo would have won last year, had his car not failed to find a gear on the start line of his race against Tom Kristenson. He was the fastest road driver by miles, and on equal speed as the fastest rally drivers!

Anyhow, theres talk of Sam Hornish, which will truly make the US team a laughing stock.

Im kinda suprised not to see Jeff there anyway as he's done it a lot in the past, odd that he'd have other commitments at this time of year.

But whoever it is, they are meant to fly out today so someone must know!

earnhardt8
13th December 2006, 14:14
Scott Speed is replacing Jimmie Johnson, James Thompson is Jensen Buttons replacement.

SteveA
13th December 2006, 16:52
Damn it, Bunsen!

jonv
13th December 2006, 20:08
I can understand James Thompson but Scott Speed is not a champion!

SteveA
16th December 2006, 00:15
Well, Scott Speed has pulled out now. Looks like USA will be down a team member.

LessThanSte
16th December 2006, 00:37
Some would argue the same abotu James Thompson (me included!)

At least there is talk of getting Robby Gordon along, which would be interesting!