PDA

View Full Version : TRD3 British GT- Silverstone: Interest check?

tannat
3rd May 2007, 01:58
As the FIA GTs are racing at Silverstone this weekend and the TRD3 gaming commitments a bit low for the weekend, I thought I'd check and see if there was any interest in a one-off for the weekend, with all times due Sunday by midnight.

Race details would be as follows:

Car Setups: Free
Practice Time Allowed: 30 minutes
Qualifying time Allowed : 10 mintues
Race Length: 20 Laps with one mandatory tire change
Difficulty 100%
Everything turned off except flags
2 wheels on the track at all times

Just for fun, we could organize the grid in such a fashion:

TVR 400R= Aston Martin DB7R
Corvette C6R= Corvette C6R
Mosler= Lamborghini Murcielago
Ultima= Maserati MC12

Let me know if there is interest.

Cheers,
Tannat (FIA GT Fan :D )

racer69
3rd May 2007, 07:22
I'm interested, more than interested. Not just in a one-off, i'd be more than up for another TRD3 Brit GT series like last year as well :)

RALLY TEAM GB
3rd May 2007, 17:30
i approached 306 cossie a few weeks ago and asked him if i could run a GT championship this yr. as i am so involved with work i havent had the time to do anything bout it.....

RALLY TEAM GB
3rd May 2007, 17:43
i have decided that tannet can have the championship if he so wants too, as work is taking up most of my time and wouldnt get time to do the champ details and stuff anyway

tannat
3rd May 2007, 18:57
i have decided that tannet can have the championship if he so wants too, as work is taking up most of my time and wouldnt get time to do the champ details and stuff anyway

Wasn't meaning to 'steal' it from you, RT GB. This was intended to be a one-off, and I conceived it only beacuse it is an open TRD3 weekend, and the Silverstone round of the FIA GT is this weekend.

Reconsider 'giving' the championship to me. However, if you like, perhaps you and I could discuss co-organizing the championship and develop the rules structure together.

We should wait a bit before starting a championship. I think the forum is a bit TRD3 heavy with the V8s, DTM, and Clios going on.

RALLY TEAM GB
3rd May 2007, 20:07
Wasn't meaning to 'steal' it from you, RT GB. This was intended to be a one-off, and I conceived it only beacuse it is an open TRD3 weekend, and the Silverstone round of the FIA GT is this weekend.

Reconsider 'giving' the championship to me. However, if you like, perhaps you and I could discuss co-organizing the championship and develop the rules structure together.

We should wait a bit before starting a championship. I think the forum is a bit TRD3 heavy with the V8s, DTM, and Clios going on.

you aint stealing nothing mate...

im serious saying you can run the GT championship when the forum is not as TRD3 heavy ..as i said, i would be too busy with work anyway, so dont think that mate

but yeah id be interested in a one off race

tannat
3rd May 2007, 20:14
you aint stealing nothing mate...

im serious saying you can run the GT championship when the forum is not as TRD3 heavy ..as i said, i would be too busy with work anyway, so dont think that mate

but yeah id be interested in a one off race

Cheers, RT GB :up:

You guys declare your entries in the following format:

Drivers name
Car #
Car
Sponsor

tannat
3rd May 2007, 20:15
Tannat
Corvette C5R
Tanqueray Gin Racing :D

RALLY TEAM GB
3rd May 2007, 20:24
Spackman
# 45
TVR 400R
S'n'K Performance racing...

real_illusions
3rd May 2007, 20:32
Real illusions
Car - F15 fighter jet..uh..i mean..the tvr car..if it stays in one piece..
Mobile Chicane Racing

Dont expect much from me though..working and/or travelling everyday till wednesday next week..

:)

RALLY TEAM GB
3rd May 2007, 20:36
i have a idea....people post their max speed and min speed from quailifying aswell as fastest lap time

just something extra to see how others do etc

tannat
3rd May 2007, 22:42
Real illusions
Car - F15 fighter jet..uh..i mean..the tvr car..if it stays in one piece..
Mobile Chicane Racing

Dont expect much from me though..working and/or travelling everyday till wednesday next week..

:)

Times due Sunday Midnight R_I

but for a bit of wit I can probably give you an extension :D

tannat
3rd May 2007, 22:42
i have a idea....people post their max speed and min speed from quailifying aswell as fastest lap time

just something extra to see how others do etc

Sounds good :up:

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd May 2007, 23:17
Don't think I'll have time to do this.

tannat
4th May 2007, 00:38
Don't think I'll have time to do this.

What's occupying your gaming time, Mr Brown?

Brown, Jon Brow
4th May 2007, 14:14
Tonight - work

Tomorrow - Family meal

Sunday - work

:(

real_illusions
5th May 2007, 23:50
Tonight - work

Tomorrow - Family meal

Sunday - work

:(

meh..thats no excuse..

how about -

travel to castle combe thurs night, sleep in a cold truck, wake at 7:30am, work till 6pm, 2 hour drive home, 1 hour rest, drive to elvington (near york), about 1.5-2hrs drive. Sleep in a cold truck. Get up at 7:30am, work even harder as theres no circuit marshals, finish past 6pm, 1.5hr drive home..send a threatening email to ferrari about ebay, and still have time to sort of do the race while half asleep and cant remember who i am, where i live, what day it is, what planet i might be on...and then work all day sunday, monday and tuesday (albeit office hours (ish)).

;)

Adam Sloma
5th May 2007, 23:51
YES! YES!! YES!!!

Adam Słoma
TVR 400R
Warka Strong Racing
PC (very old pc:mad :)

harvick#1
6th May 2007, 00:28
send a threatening email to ferrari about ebay,

;)

not everyone can afford an Enzo :p :

Adam Sloma
6th May 2007, 12:27
Done my race. Dont have much time for practice (2 laps) and I chose too soft tyres (55) and In race, two times land in sand :( . After race I try beat my old record in time trial and it was successful for first lap!

I WANT MOOOOOOORE BRITISH GT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers :D

tannat
6th May 2007, 15:06
Done my race. Dont have much time for practice (2 laps) and I chose too soft tyres (55) and In race, two times land in sand :( . After race I try beat my old record in time trial and it was successful for first lap!

I WANT MOOOOOOORE BRITISH GT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers :D

lets wait til things settle down on the forum a bit. the clios end in august. perhaps that will be a good time to sart a championship...

tannat
6th May 2007, 15:08
what track configuration are they using for the actual fia gt race?
pole had a q time of 1:43.xx

tannat
7th May 2007, 18:42
Results tonight, guys.

PiotrB
7th May 2007, 19:09
YES! YES!! YES!!!
Warka Strong Racing
PC (very old pc:mad :)
Nice one mate :D .

RALLY TEAM GB
7th May 2007, 21:58
Results tonight, guys.

my computer packed up so was unable to post my times.....

tannat
7th May 2007, 23:28
my computer packed up so was unable to post my times.....

Sorry to hear that, RTGB.....

tannat
7th May 2007, 23:47
Pretty miserable race for ourself-2 spins, multiple offs, missed apexes, and knocked off the track by the Vauxhall (!!!!!). The vette understeers like a pig!!!

Anyways, a dominant performance By Adam Sloma, followed at the checker by a sleepy real_illusions :D with third taken by a battered Tannat..

P----------------------------------Overall-------Qualifying-----FastLap

1--#19--AdamSloma----TVR400R---28:00.16------1:19.13------1:20.19
2--#666-real_illusions---Ultima------29:33.02-----1:25.14-------1:24.78
3--#11--Tannat--------Corvette---30:52.35------1:26.43------1:27.37

Licensing for the GT series I plan to host will begin in July, with the first race in August. If any upcoming venues for the FIA GT correspond to a TRD3 track, I'll probably do another one-off until then.

Cheers!

real_illusions
8th May 2007, 00:02
i finished 2nd, in the middle and 2nd to last, all in one go..thats impressive ;) :p :

RALLY TEAM GB
8th May 2007, 19:07
im going to post my times anyway....once i get the race done...just to see where i would of finished....