PDA

View Full Version : New look for Stockton

Northern Monkey
2nd May 2007, 20:36
New look for Chris Stockton for Thruxton:

http://www.crash.net/news_View.asp?cid=10&id=147303&news=y

cos
2nd May 2007, 20:58
The red/white combo was good but the black is even sleeker. Guess he'll have that chambermaid as his grid girl this weekend then?

VkmSpouge
2nd May 2007, 22:09
Black and gold looks good on the Lexus.

cookingfat
2nd May 2007, 23:57
So... When Xero appear, there will be three black Lexus on the grid!

I am assuming Leason's car is not changing colour!?!

Ed
3rd May 2007, 16:02
when Xero appear??

That lexus looks really cool actually, very TMSR looking. can't wat to see that on the track on sunday, hope Leasons chamges colour as well

Allyc85
3rd May 2007, 18:36
That looks very smart, though the red and white looked just as good IMO

Les
3rd May 2007, 22:50
So... When Xero appear, there will be three black Lexus on the grid!

I am assuming Leason's car is not changing colour!?!

Nick's is also going to black and gold. It is going to be wrapped tomorrow at Thruxton.

kmchow
4th May 2007, 20:56
That's great to hear another independent will have more funds to develop their car further.

thetrooper_uk
5th May 2007, 08:57
Will his car become faster with the new paint job, I think not so it could be green with pink spots and it would still go the same speed. So unless you own a Lexus and are going to replicate his car, what difference does it really make?

kerrycox11
5th May 2007, 09:44
i think what he means is that with a new sponsor it will bring more money to develop the lexus more, personally i still prefer the red and white but its still not the worst car on the grid.

tyreman2
5th May 2007, 21:58
Will his car become faster with the new paint job, I think not so it could be green with pink spots and it would still go the same speed. So unless you own a Lexus and are going to replicate his car, what difference does it really make?
The answer is YES it will become faster in black because thats what the sponsor wants and thats what will bring in the money and THATS what will allow the team to develop the car

Les
6th May 2007, 22:53
different colour but still problems.... gutted :(

100%hondafan
7th May 2007, 13:17
looks very tacky up close with bits of red here and there but sponsers make the decisions.

loved the car in red and white leason is not impressing me at all though hopefully they can get a few more horses out of it.

cazvxr
7th May 2007, 16:06
looks very tacky up close with bits of red here and there but sponsers make the decisions.

loved the car in red and white leason is not impressing me at all though hopefully they can get a few more horses out of it.

Both Nick and Chris had engine probs all weekend,its down to a team effort not just the drivers.

Les
7th May 2007, 16:22
yes - the problems were not driver related.

VkmSpouge
7th May 2007, 16:56
I didn't think they could be, no way would Leason be 12 seconds off the pace in qualifying without severe car troubles. Hopefully they'll sort out their engine woes by Croft.

100%hondafan
8th May 2007, 15:03
no i meen at any point this seaosn leason hasnt or even when he raced in the astra.

cazvxr
8th May 2007, 18:34
Its been a dream of Nicks to drive in BTCC for many years.Now he is there,he is plagued with mechanical problems,lack of power,being the main problem.This was also the case when he was in the Astra.

On the small budget hes got and backing from family and friends he isnt doing too bad!
Lets hope Monty puts his Millions in and helps Nick and Chris with the Lexi.

cos
9th May 2007, 00:11
There was an article and picture about Stockton and his new sponsor in the Telegraph sport section today; not to do with BTCC though (as it was in the racing pages), apparently he's quite involved with horse racing which I never knew. Must be the most column inches a BTCC driver has got in the national mainstream press all year sadly.

RED VXR
10th May 2007, 13:27
Hopefully in time the engine issues will get sorted for both of them and the true potential of the lexus will become apparent. For a team new to the BTCC its an uphill struggle but iam sure they will make it.

tin-top fan
10th May 2007, 14:28
article in the telegraph here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/05/08/shdiar08.xml

Andy_B
18th May 2007, 18:20
anyone know if this is was a one off or the Black and Gold livery is for the season

AlexD
18th May 2007, 18:46
I think it's for the rest of the season. I prefer the red to be honest, but I hope the new sponsorship will bring some help to the team.

PDS
18th May 2007, 21:23
anyone know if this is was a one off or the Black and Gold livery is for the season

Andy,

It is for the rest of this season.

Red200
22nd May 2007, 22:27
The cars will be in the new livery from now on, the team is hard at work trying to resolve the issues that have plagued the team from the start of the season.

The team is hoping for a better show at Croft, for both drivers. Nick has suffered some real bad luck this year and still manages to keep a brave face, this committment should reap rewards soon. Fingers, arms legs and anything else crossed.

Should rethink my name!!!

tisme
22nd May 2007, 22:39
Looks like they will be black and gold for the rest of 2007..

http://www.btcracing.co.uk/news.html

cazvxr
28th May 2007, 13:53

Maybe not!!! Where has Montys Millions gone?

If Monty is seen please let BTC Racing know!!!!!!!!!!

AlexD
28th May 2007, 22:28
What's going on with the homepage?

RED VXR
29th May 2007, 07:48

Or maybe not as the case may be.

cazvxr
29th May 2007, 08:47
What's going on with the homepage?

Looks like Monty has made his millions and gorne!!!

Reading on the ITV message boards its not just BTC Racing hes had one over on either.

Northern Monkey
29th May 2007, 09:14
For those not aware, it seems that the winners of the competition - having been told that they were heading to Monaco to watch the Grand Prix - were then told the prize was cancelled as the organisers couldn't book the yacht that was part of the trip. I won't link to other forums that explain it all, but there is a news article on it here...

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1007/1007762_sams_bad_brake.html

And just to reiterate in case some people take it the wrong way, BTC would have known nothing about what has gone on in the slightest (I'm aware that most people would see that is obvious but on this forum you never know!)

cazvxr
29th May 2007, 09:39
Having spoken to Nick,he and the boys from BTC Racing were definitely not aware of what was going on.I just hope that this wont hinder their progress.