PDA

View Full Version : Busch on Nasn UK TV When "As Live" Isn't

wilko10
2nd May 2007, 20:29
Settled down to watch the Talladega Busch Race advertised "as Live" on Nasn in the UK and after a few good laps it went to an advert and came back with less than 40 laps to go!! This has happened with other races but not to the same extent.

We subscribe to Nasn/Setanta just for the Nascar coverage which we love. The cup coverage has been very good on the whole but finding the Busch programs disappointing.
I thought "as live" meant all the race but time delayed. We feel a bit "short changed".

I am going to email Nasn/Setanta to see what they say.

What do other viewers think?

Nicki

SOD
3rd May 2007, 01:26
good race. Bobby sure owned the final lap.

wilko10
3rd May 2007, 13:04
Yeah what we got was good but I would have much preferred a full race-only started getting into it and loads of laps were cut out of the middle-I like to watch all a race not a highlights program.

Maybe thats all we will get

Nicki

richmondgirl
3rd May 2007, 22:34
The tv broadcast on ESPN2 of the Richmond Busch race tomorrow night will
be available for free on Nascar.com. It's sponsored by Suzuki. Click on the Busch logo in middle of page to get to the link.

richmondgirl
3rd May 2007, 22:35
Also there's a free trial of Race View for 14 days.

Speedworx
4th May 2007, 08:17
TBH, ESPN's coverage is rubbish anyway, so I'm happy to see the coverage as short as possible.

The end of the cup season is going to suck when ESPN take over :(

I HATE THIS TV DEAL!!!!!

Delenn
4th May 2007, 17:35
TBH, ESPN's coverage is rubbish anyway, so I'm happy to see the coverage as short as possible.

The end of the cup season is going to suck when ESPN take over :(

I HATE THIS TV DEAL!!!!!

I'd rather listen to Rusty than Weber. Any deal that makes Weber only on for 6 weeks is a good one for me (only improved by one that only has him on for 5 weeks, or 4, or none at all.)

SOD
4th May 2007, 17:52
ABC's coverage will be the same as ESPN's.

colinspooky
5th May 2007, 20:21
Settled down to watch the Talladega Busch Race advertised "as Live" on Nasn in the UK and after a few good laps it went to an advert and came back with less than 40 laps to go........ We subscribe to Nasn/Setanta just for the Nascar coverage

I thought "as live" meant all the race but time delayed. We feel a bit "short changed".

Short changed and if this were any other industry, criminal. Yes, 'as live' should be every last minute. Charging money for anything else surely has to be against some sort of trade descriptions rule.

:mad:

NASN and Virgin have serevely cocked this all up this year and I am livid.