PDA

View Full Version : Rockingham Radio 1602MW ?

nwpsys
2nd May 2007, 08:37
Unless both my car stereo and portable radio were both broken, I don't think they were broadcasting on Sunday. Does anyone know if this will be the same for all future BRSCC events ? Ta, nwpsys

F150pickup
2nd May 2007, 10:33
Yes it will be Had 1602 at TOCA but nothing planned for the rest of the year

Tiesse
2nd May 2007, 23:32
Yes it will be Had 1602 at TOCA but nothing planned for the rest of the year

That's a shame, we used to listen to that last part of the broadcast on the way out of the circuit.

Tiesse
3rd May 2007, 07:32
Maybe it would be an idea to have a local radio station involved to do an outside broadcast at each month's meeting. That would at least give the racing some local publicity (maybe they could give away tickets through competitions leading up to each meeting?).

PitMarshal
3rd May 2007, 09:38
One of the things that frustrates me most about SCSA has been Rockinghams Radio's 'now you hear us, now you don't act'. I don't know what it's like for spectators but I've always found that with the pickups in particular you just can't hear the tannoy properly. It would be nice to have it back but being realistic I can't imagine it's really commercially viable at the moment.

SteveA
3rd May 2007, 12:05
Are the costs to provide it really that high? I wouldn't have thought so. Maybe they should stream the commentary over the Internet - useful for people there with 3G stuff and also people at home who couldn't make it to the event.

F150pickup
3rd May 2007, 14:32
The main cost is the liecence and the to bring in a transmitter each time so it is not a cheap operation. Prehaps if the crowds get bigger it might come back. We supply these units to a number of circuits Thruxton Silverstone etc They are the only way to hear the commentary over the cars. At Rockingham the Maxium DB is 70 from the PA system at the back of the Grandstands So it does not stand a chance.

JDPower
3rd May 2007, 16:51
They are the only way to hear the commentary over the cars. At Rockingham the Maxium DB is 70 from the PA system at the back of the Grandstands So it does not stand a chance.
And the commentary team always decide to tell us something important just as the cars are passing the stands :cheese:

F150pickup
3rd May 2007, 21:16
I will tell them to wait next time