PDA

View Full Version : TRD3 - Formula 3 Euro Series

real_illusions
2nd May 2007, 01:12
In the wake of the crash of the FPA, a new and (hopefully!) better single seater ch'ship is now on the cards...but its not going to be running just yet. I plan to run it later in the year, once the clios are done, and the v8's and dtm have calmed down a bit, heading towards the end. So, most likely around August-September time i'll run this.

You will need to have the both bonus F3 cups and sheild unlocked to compete in this fully, another reason to delay it till end of summer (or winter for the aussies). If you cant unlock them, then just compete in the british rounds (all but 2 of them), and that'll be a seperate ch'ship on the side to the main one.

Temporary calender and rules. No dates set though. Only track missing from this is Oschersleben. Mondello added in at the time of Norisring for those who cant unlock the other series and can have another round.

Calender
R1 - Donington Park GP
R2 - Zandvoort
R3 - Oulton Park International
R4 - Snetterton
R5 - Norisring (Mondello race for British series only)
R6 - Spa
R7 - Silverstone National
R8 - Brands Hatch GP
R9 - Hockenheim
R10 - Donington Park GP

Format
2 races in each round. Each different to each other. Differences stated as details are released. Races are going to be in the region of around 5 to 15 minutes in duration, each.
Free practise allowed throughout season, except in the 7 days before the designated start date on the website/calender.
Set up is free unless otherwise stated.
Practise - 20 minutes (or 20 laps), whichever is the greater, allowed in the week before the designated start date for that round.
Qualifying - 10 minutes (or 10 laps), whichever is the greater, maxiumum allowed for each race.
Race rules and flags - 2 wheels on track at all times with corner cutting off. Dangerous driving off. Rest of the flags - on.
Pro sim handling - off. Gravel traps - off. Unless otherwise stated.

You can submit entries now if you wish, but i can take them at a later date.

:)

johnny shell
2nd May 2007, 17:23
ut oh. F3 cars are pretty serious, aren't they? aren't they just one step below F1? more powerful than the FPA cars, right?

how do you unlock the shield part?

real_illusions
2nd May 2007, 17:59
yeah..one step below F1 in the game. About 2 steps or so below F1 in real life.

They are faster than fpa, and more serious cars.

You need to unlock cups, by either completing ch'ships in the world series mode (or something like that), or by completing fastest laps on each circuit in a series. Cant remember how many is needed to unlock the extra ones.

Hopefully 4 months is enough time for everyone to aim to unlock the F3's.

johnny shell
4th June 2007, 20:04
#82 Kentucky Friend Racing

started preseason testing today at the famous SPA circuit. way cool.

at the end of the session I had a quick little four lap race, 110% difficulty, starting from the back of the grid.

I was leading by the end of the 3rd lap and won the race!

so you all better watch out!

(of course I restarted like, no ****, 24 times... but whatever.....)

tannat
5th June 2007, 01:20
R5 - Norisring (Mondello race for British series only)

Why am I not surprised to discover R_I has a round at his favorite track?

:p

Alfa Fan
5th June 2007, 01:24
I'll enter this

#69 Jonathan McLeod SCO JM Italia Speed Racing Dallara F3