PDA

View Full Version : Open Rides .... Who Gets Em ...???

ChicagocrewIRL
1st May 2007, 21:12
Let's play.... WHO GETS THIS RIDE ???

Car # 13 Cabbie Motorsports (Panoz Honda) - Greg Ray ??? Mark Dismore NO !

Car #16,16T Panther Racing (Dallara Honda) - Patrick Carpentier

Car #18,18T PDM Racing (Dallara Honda) - random IPS guy

Car #21,21T Playa del Racing (Panoz Honda) - Jaques Lazier (confirmed)

Car #31 Playa del Racing (Panoz Honda) - random IPS guy -> Al Unser III ???

Car #41,41T A.J. Foyt Racing (Dallara/Panoz Honda) - Al Unser Jr. - Tony
Stewart

Car #43 CURB/Agajanian/Beck Motorsports (Dallara Honda) - Kyle Petty

Car #50,50T A.J. Foyt Racing (Dallara Honda) - Felipe Giaffone, Airton Dare'

Car #91 Hemelgarn Racing (Dallara Honda) - Michael Schumacher (HAHA)

Car #98 CURB/Agajanian/Beck Motorsports (Dallara Honda) - Greg Kinser

Car #02,02T Vision Racing (Dallara Honda) - Boris Said (would be cool)

These are all the current "TBA" cars... Let's all play WHO GETS THIS RIDE ???

Alexamateo
1st May 2007, 21:14
Phil Giebler's driving the second Playa car

ChicagocrewIRL
1st May 2007, 21:21
Who is Phil Geibler ?? :)

Hauts-de-Seine
1st May 2007, 21:24
i think the #02 will drive Al Unser

;)

ChicagocrewIRL
1st May 2007, 21:28
Al Unser Sr. ???? I bet he can still drive !!! He is an all time giant of racing.

Alexamateo
1st May 2007, 22:49
Who is Phil Geibler ?? :)

http://www.motorsportpedia.com/index.php?title=Phil_Giebler&redirect=no

Cass
1st May 2007, 23:45
I would add another seat for AGR, perhaps Marco will be promoted to lead engineer after these three dominating performances on the oval.......lol.

ChicagocrewIRL
2nd May 2007, 00:19
Car #98 CURB/Agajanian/Beck Motorsports (Dallara Honda) - Greg Kinser

oops I meant STEVE Kinser

Captain_Rohn
3rd May 2007, 03:01
#18 PDM Racing - Jimmy Kite

Jonesi
3rd May 2007, 04:02
IMS web site announced earlier today that Al Unser Jr is signed to drive AJ's #50.

Alexamateo
3rd May 2007, 04:13
Some are saying Kenny Brack's going to be in the Foyt #41, because he's coming into town, but it's probably to celebrate Foyt's 50 years at Indy.

Hoss Ghoul
3rd May 2007, 09:06
Hell, I'd bet that even at his age Foyt would beat some of the hacks we're talking about getting rides in this thread....provided you could fit him in the car.

So far the only interesting drivers seem like Unser, Carpentier, and Lazier...

Any chance for a real surprise? Maybe one of these supposed "3 race deal" drivers from CC?

I'd have to put Ryan Briscoe at the top of the most interesting one-off at this time. In part because of his Penseke ride.

Alexamateo
3rd May 2007, 12:33
At another forum, former CCWS driver Ryan Hunter-Reay's name is being bantered about, don't know of any real surprises though.

ChicagocrewIRL
3rd May 2007, 13:59
Some are saying Kenny Brack's going to be in the Foyt #41, because he's coming into town, but it's probably to celebrate Foyt's 50 years at Indy.

Kenny Brack's band "Brack" will be performing at the 500 . Not sure which stage and what time but he will be joining other headliners Kid Rock and Daughtry for the weekend's entertainment offerings. I wish he was driving instead.

MarcoCheever
3rd May 2007, 21:31
someone get Roberto Guerrero on the phone stat !

ChicagocrewIRL
3rd May 2007, 21:51
someone get Roberto Guerrero on the phone stat !

You mean "stall it in the pits while leading with 10 laps to go" and "crash on the parade lap after capturing the pole" Roberto Guerrero ??? NICE !

Toe_Knee_Jorge
3rd May 2007, 23:28
You mean "stall it in the pits while leading with 10 laps to go" and "crash on the parade lap after capturing the pole" Roberto Guerrero ??? NICE !

OUCH

(it's factually true but still ouch. at least you didn't mention wrecking an IRL 2 seater)

That year he had the pole I couldn't believe it I see him pull away, here is my hero on the pole at Indy but when the field comes around with no Roberto. He's still a great guy

ChicagocrewIRL
4th May 2007, 02:56
OUCH

(it's factually true but still ouch. at least you didn't mention wrecking an IRL 2 seater)

That year he had the pole I couldn't believe it I see him pull away, here is my hero on the pole at Indy but when the field comes around with no Roberto. He's still a great guy

Yeah you're right it was harsh...he seems like a nice enough guy. Just bitten by the Indy curse. Good luck Robbie wherever you are. I know his wife Katie was hot and they had good looking kids too. :)

Toe_Knee_Jorge
4th May 2007, 12:14
Yeah you're right it was harsh...he seems like a nice enough guy. Just bitten by the Indy curse. Good luck Robbie wherever you are. I know his wife Katie was hot and they had good looking kids too. :)

<threadjack> yep his wife is smokin' hot what a surprise a racecar driver with a hot wife.

seems like I always see him hanging around the garage during the month of May </threadjack>

Alexamateo
4th May 2007, 14:23
BAck on topic, Jimmy Kite's in the PDM entry, and I keep hearing rumors of RYan Hunter-Reay, but nothing official.

ZzZzZz
5th May 2007, 09:10

That deal had him running the same car in CART, with the lower boost. He debuted it at the season finale, the year before, at Laguna, and started dead last. (29th?) He was not a happy camper. That's a long haul of backmarking to have a shot at Indy. It was so great seeing him get the pole. The moment on the grid at laguna is what I thought back to when he went off. He didn't deserve that.

Easy Drifter
5th May 2007, 19:00
Sir Jack Brabham! After all he started the rear engine brigade. And he still races.

ChicagocrewIRL
5th May 2007, 22:10
Looks like Davey Hamilton will be the 4th Vision racing entry. And Jimmy Kite is in the PDM entry. NO offense to these two guys. But the people filling these open rides aren't blowing any wind up my skirt .... not that I wear a skirt... but if I did ... well you know what I mean HAHA

Al Jr. and Michael Andretti are the only "one offs" that are really exciting me.

Komahawk
6th May 2007, 13:49
Seems that Briscoe will be driving the #12 for "Luczo Dragon Racing" while the third Penske driver is still TBA. Isn't that odd? I thought Briscoe was a Penske employee.

indycool
6th May 2007, 15:45
Doubt there'll be a third Penske entry....'spect the Briscoe entry is a Penske car.

Disagree on Kite and Hamilton. Kite almost won Kentucky a few years ago, leading in the Blueprint car, of all things, when the engine blew after his last pit stop and he was coming out in the lead. He's run as well as the equipment has. Hamilton was second in the championship twice in the early years and after all those operations from the accident at Texas, it'll be good to see a "comeback ride" for a good guy and good racer.

Hearing a few things about John Andretti and P.J. Chesson, but nothing solid.

courageous
6th May 2007, 19:09
Doubt there'll be a third Penske entry....'spect the Briscoe entry is a Penske car.

Well its being run by the captain' son, so its a fair bet that they will pick up a bit of support.

indycool
7th May 2007, 01:14
Briscoe was pretty fast for his refresher today....around 218 right out of the box.

Scheckterfan54
7th May 2007, 03:48
Where are the rumors placing RHR? Possibly in another panther car?

Mark in Oshawa
7th May 2007, 05:17
I just know that there is some guys that don't seem to get rides no more that will be in cars at the 500. There is something just not right about that.......

indycool
7th May 2007, 13:36
Who would that be, Mark?

Toe_Knee_Jorge
7th May 2007, 14:23
seems to me A.J. Allmendinger should jump in a car and pass on a chance to get in a taxi cab on that weekend. He and Red Bull would get more exposure in that one race then he'll get all year in NASCAR.

But I guess Toy Yoda wouldn't be happy

Alexamateo
7th May 2007, 17:57
John Andretti w/ Panther
Max Papis w/Beck?

indycool
7th May 2007, 18:10
Have heard PJ Chesson mentioned in connection with the second Beck ride, too.

Easy Drifter
7th May 2007, 18:27
I am nervous about Al Jr. Can the Foyt team prepare 3 cars safely? Do they have enough staff with experience?

indycool
7th May 2007, 18:49
They've only got Manning and Al Jr. right now. May run three later.

ZzZzZz
7th May 2007, 22:52
seems to me A.J. Allmendinger should jump in a car and pass on a chance to get in a taxi cab on that weekend. He and Red Bull would get more exposure in that one race then he'll get all year in NASCAR.

But I guess Toy Yoda wouldn't be happy

Why wouldn't they be happy? Pettiness? If he did well at Indy, it would add value to having him as one of their drivers.
The main problem is the scheduling conflict - can't really do the double right now - and he won't know if he's in the 600 til after Indy qualifying. I think it would be worth it for Red Bull, and I'm sure they can figure out good ways to deal with all the contingencies. (Have DW sub with his championship provisional. Toyota should be happy with that. And his bro is a 'yota guy already.)

indycool
7th May 2007, 23:07
Yeah, sure. Toyota would want one of their drivers being powered by Honda at Indianapolis. Sure.

Toe_Knee_Jorge
7th May 2007, 23:31
They've only got Manning and Al Jr. right now. May run three later.
Manning he's waving the green flag right ?

indycool
7th May 2007, 23:36
T'other Manning....... :) :)

Hoss Ghoul
8th May 2007, 03:31
Why wouldn't they be happy? Pettiness? If he did well at Indy, it would add value to having him as one of their drivers.
The main problem is the scheduling conflict - can't really do the double right now - and he won't know if he's in the 600 til after Indy qualifying. I think it would be worth it for Red Bull, and I'm sure they can figure out good ways to deal with all the contingencies. (Have DW sub with his championship provisional. Toyota should be happy with that. And his bro is a 'yota guy already.)

I can't see DW being involved in any way, but more than likely Vickers would be available. I can't see RB getting both cars in the show, so they'd likely be covered...if they did get both in, just use one of the other Toyota drivers that missed the show that week(there will be plenty).