PDA

View Full Version : Fan's Eye View

The White Lady
1st May 2007, 19:10
What a great day we had!

Presented Deadsquirrel with the first cup of the day at about 8.45 - one of our most regular customers on the charity auction thread.

Popped down to garage 23 to meet the lovely Tania who sent us off for a tour of the track with Pistol Pete, followed by another trip a few minutes later (there wasn't a queue and it seemed a shame for the drivers not to have any passengers) with Tony Hurdle. Most exciting rides I've had in the back of a VW! :cheese:

Entered one of F150pickup's competitions, beat Pit Kid to get through and won the chance to present the prizes for the second Pick Up race, along with an invite to visit him in commentary where he kindly donated goodies for the auction. Also had the pleasure of meeting the day's presenters, Alan and Richard - really great guys , but I think they probably have far too much fun up there!

Then the bit we really came for - GSYE for the SCSA cars.
Well done everyone who got onto the track - great show, especially Pistol Pete once he really got motoring and caught the lead bunch up. The extra laps in the VW seem to have made all the difference!

Pickups - awesome as ever.

Lunchtime spent trying to guess which one was Jeffmr2 - where were you Jeff? :wave:

Visit the paddock and back to the stands minus Pit Kid to watch SCSA race 2 and start of Pickup race 2,then back to the middle for the privilege of presenting the flowers and trophies. So glad Nic made the podium, joint family favourite with Stanty for us, though we think you're all fantastic! Great to see Steve Dance and Paul Poulter up there too - he was in such a hurry to jump on the top step I could hardly reach to hand over the cup!

Thanks so much to all those who made our fantastic day out possible.
It really is great be back at the Rock for Thunder Sunday, can't wait to hear the thunder again in June.

We love SCSA
:bounce:

deadsquirrel
1st May 2007, 19:27
What a great day we had!

Presented Deadsquirrel with the first cup of the day at about 8.45 - one of our most regular customers on the charity auction thread.

We love SCSA
:bounce:

sssshhhhh! :)
Shame I didn't get to drink much of the coffee itself though :( ;)

PapaJuliet
1st May 2007, 20:06
Shame I didn't get to drink much of the coffee itself though :( ;)

:angel: :laugh:

jeffmr2
1st May 2007, 21:02
Lunchtime spent trying to guess which one was Jeffmr2 - where were you Jeff? :wave:
:

Unfortunately i wasnt there,i was in benidorm on a stag weekend but i'm hoping i can do a few laps around the track in my mr2 in june :)

Its great to read so many positive reports from the weekend.