PDA

View Full Version : Thanks from Team Air Ambulance

racing59
1st May 2007, 07:46
A BIIIIIIG thankyou to all who bought tickets in aid of the Air Ambulance supporting a very worth cause.

And what can I say, a great big thankyou to everyone who helped get me out on track for my first ever SCSA race. My crew (Scotty, Rikko, Beery, Ben, Henry, Jon, and my spotter Nick), my wife for letting me get away with it, Duane and the whole Revolution crew who've helped out over the last year or so, John Mickel for his words of advice, the officials, tech crew, heck, everyone! (starting to sound like an Oscar's speech - wipes tear from eye with $100 bill).

Let's do it again sometime!

See you all in June. If not before!!

And don't forget "Support your local Air Ambulance"

Rob.

bravheart
1st May 2007, 14:16
Well Done Rob! It was really good to see that you bang on the pace and enjoying the whole weekend.

Nick Brad
4th May 2007, 13:25
As I said in another thread, it was a real pleasure to spot for you and I'm delighted that the team was able to show itself in a good light. We just have to dial out that push and strategically place some weight to compensate for Proccy's larger frame ready for June and I feel running in the top 5 will be possible this season for sure.

racing59
4th May 2007, 21:02
So does that mean I can stop eating these chips & pork pies, and cancel the barrels of guinness?

Henry Cutts
4th May 2007, 21:22
Well done for driving two good races, keep eating the chips! Not sure how fattening a Ribena & Jelly Babies diet is!

SteveA
4th May 2007, 21:24
Dunno about fattening, but your teeth will fall out!

corbygal
4th May 2007, 21:57
Well done to you at the weekend, you really done a great job on track.

http://www.weebitproductions.co.uk/images/gallery/2007/weebit070428pic12.jpg

racing59
5th May 2007, 21:49
Dunno about fattening, but your teeth will fall out!

According to the doom mongers, I already should have no teeth, and no guts.
Jelly Babies are a fine source of energy (being mostly sugar!) - Ribena, well yuk! Just don't go there! ;)

Corbygal - nice pic from Pitlane entry (Saturday (nothing on the sunstrip))
You can't see the runs on the paintwork!! It actually looks shiny!

Rob.

corbygal
7th May 2007, 01:40
Thanks, it's quite good considering that was the first day of using my new camera professionally! I think i got a couple good ones from Sunday too.

The Pits!
8th May 2007, 22:30
professionally!
??? :)

corbygal
8th May 2007, 22:53
Well more so lol. I had used it to take pics of random things before! Like things in my house so i could get a feel for the camera.

Reynard
8th May 2007, 23:33
Your shutter speed is still a bit too high Sharon, car looks like it's stood still! Poor Rob, not the image he'd intended to project... :eek: :s

If you bring the shutter speed down a stop, you'll get the amount of motion blur you'll need to make the photos look more dynamic and give Rob the *go* he needs! LOL :laugh: :cheese:

corbygal
9th May 2007, 17:39
Thanks for the advice, I'll do that! Still, not bad for first weekend using it!

SteveA
9th May 2007, 20:03
Thanks for the advice, I'll do that! Still, not bad for first weekend using it!

Slower shutter means better panning technique required, but as you're used to video cameras you should be ok.

Santa Pod is always a good place to get practice- the Main Event is on at the end of May (26 to 28). You'll have cars ranging from "shopping cars" that only get up to 80mph, to Top Fuel vehicles that top 320mph!

Don't try to use a mono/tripod for Top Fuel, the vibrations through the ground will transmit straight to your camera and mess up your shot (if it doesn't break the camera!)

Plus I guarantee you'll be impressed, but don't forget your earplugs!

When things go wrong they are spectacular...

http://v8.macmillan.co.uk/s_images/sa2007pics/SantaPod0407/original/IMG_8368.jpg

but you've got to stand your ground while everyone else panics!

Reynard
9th May 2007, 23:14
LOL Steve! I'll be at Snet that weekend getting all worked up over the 2CVs! :laugh:

racing59
10th May 2007, 07:35
Slower shutter means better panning technique required, but as you're used to video cameras you should be ok.

Santa Pod is always a good place to get practice- the Main Event is on at the end of May (26 to 28). You'll have cars ranging from "shopping cars" that only get up to 80mph, to Top Fuel vehicles that top 320mph!

Don't try to use a mono/tripod for Top Fuel, the vibrations through the ground will transmit straight to your camera and mess up your shot (if it doesn't break the camera!)

Plus I guarantee you'll be impressed, but don't forget your earplugs!

When things go wrong they are spectacular...

http://v8.macmillan.co.uk/s_images/sa2007pics/SantaPod0407/original/IMG_8368.jpg

but you've got to stand your ground while everyone else panics!

Say hello to Smax for me when you're there. Full Revs (as he'd say!)

We'll be at Abingdon (Dalton Barracks) that weekend with The Spirit of Adventure show.

Rob.

SteveA
10th May 2007, 09:57
LOL Steve! I'll be at Snet that weekend getting all worked up over the 2CVs! :laugh:

Oh Witty - when will this fascination with tin snails end?!

I wonder if the 2CV engine is strong enough to run Nitromethane...

racing59
10th May 2007, 21:09
You can run anything on nitro, it's just how long you expect it to last.

Those big block V8's only have to last about four seconds at full chat!

I bet a Deux Chevaux lump would last longer, and may even produce approaching 50bhp...... scary stuff!

Forget the 2CV6, bring on the 2CV8... anyone remember it....??? Standard looking 2CV, with a spaceframe underneath, and a sorted Rover V8...

And if I may interject in the "Team Air Ambulance" thread....

A new campaign has been launched to bring an Air Ambulance to Hertfordshire. http://www.hertsairambulance.org

Bring it on! Get your hands in your pockets!

Rob.