PDA

View Full Version : Micra Coupé why?

Mark
12th December 2006, 10:19
Question wor lass posed this morning on seeing a lady driving a 2-seater Micra Coupé 'Sport'.

Why?

martinbalmer
12th December 2006, 10:23
Question wor lass posed this morning on seeing a lady driving a 2-seater Micra Coupé 'Sport'.

Why?

Same reason as any other small-car variant?

555-04Q2
12th December 2006, 10:31

Why?

Because manufacturers can charge more money for less car and people will buy them cause the sun shines on their heads :(

Mark
12th December 2006, 10:40
To expand on that, she was saying "If you were going to get a 2 seater car, why would you get a Micra, wouldn't you want to base it on something which isn't crap in the first place" ... "I bet she went into the showroom looking to buy an ordinary Micra and got sold the expensive one"

Daniel
12th December 2006, 12:58
Because some people don't know anything about cars and will buy something because no one else seems to have it.

Woodeye
12th December 2006, 14:32
And there's also somekind of GTI version of that car. For reason completely unclear for me.

Nobody won't by Grandma Duck's car - even if it's tuned. :D

Dave B
12th December 2006, 17:34
Although it is a hideous car to look at, and has been known to make children cry, the Micra is technically quite a decent little motor.

But that's the car equivalent of saying "she's got a lovely personality". :p

nicemms
12th December 2006, 18:17
Because girls no nothing about cars and they probably think it looks cute.

Caroline
12th December 2006, 18:27
I just say 'Micra, why?''

:s

Iain
13th December 2006, 07:47
Well said!

CarlMetro
13th December 2006, 16:23
I just say 'Micra, why?''

:s

Well if they weren't produced there'd be around 4000 people unemployed in the Sunderland area, and Grandpa/Grandma wouldn't have anything to spend their retirement lump sum on, now we have seen the demise of Rover :p :

BeansBeansBeans
13th December 2006, 20:09
Crap - Ugly. Crugly. Do you speak Micra?

Dave B
13th December 2006, 22:08
Yup. It's shollocks.

viper_man
15th December 2006, 01:36
In my town someones got the CC version of the Micra in bright pink, the same as hammond drove in top gear, and she has her hair dyed a similar colour. Nuts.

Ian McC
15th December 2006, 19:49
Is this the one that comes in pink?

sonic_roadhog
15th December 2006, 21:21
In my town someones got the CC version of the Micra in bright pink, the same as hammond drove in top gear, and she has her hair dyed a similar colour. Nuts.

LOL, saw a woman today driving a pink Ford Galaxy, with pink fluffy dice, headrests, steering wheel, and hub caps!! :D

On the subject of the micra - great little car. Have to drive one everyday for work and its immensely chuckable and humbles many a lotus elise etc. on my local country lanes.

Sonic :)

viper_man
16th December 2006, 01:37
Is this the one that comes in pink?

Indeed it is

Ian McC
16th December 2006, 12:12
Indeed it is

So you can spray a piece of poo pink but it is still a piece of poo :erm:

reidy_fan
16th December 2006, 15:12
Oi the Micra is actually a great wee car to drive, mum got hers in September and okay it is only a 1.25 so a tad underpowered but it is a great chassis you can chuck it into any corner and no over or understeer. like a mini but reliable

nothing wrong with Nissan's in general I love my Almera great car and superb value for money when bought used

I shall await the brickbats :-)

odykas
3rd January 2007, 08:31
This car looks like the monkey's butt.

Donney
3rd January 2007, 09:54
If you are going to buy a small coupé why not buying the Opel/Vauxhall Tigra/what's-its-name ? It looks really good!