PDA

View Full Version : Thank You from Cheerios 18

stanty
30th April 2007, 18:02
I would just like to thank everybody who helped us on Sunday get the Cheerios 18 truck back on track for the second race following our sticker rub at turn one.

The guys in our team Tom, Mike, Pete and Keith, our spotter, worked flat out, as did many other team members from the PUT paddock.

Thanks to all the teams who offered and delivered bits, without us even asking, you just don’t get that anywhere else, and is why we are back in Pickup Truck Racing this season.

The PUT Management team were very supportive and were on hand to help us get the truck on the grid, the guys were still bolting bits on as the cars were lining up on the grid, it’s a shame we did not finish the race, but were forced to pit via race control due to a noisy exhaust, obviously damaged in the accident.

There are far too many people to thank for their support, Tommy from RB Motorsport, who was only visiting for the day got very dirty!, Pit Kid for managing things in the garage and every team who offered help and gave their spares.

If anybody has any pictures, please let us know.
Cheers
Stanty

briggs'mechanic
30th April 2007, 18:11
No worries Stanty like you say this is what PUT is all about is was good to see you make it out in the second well done to all your guys for getting the truck ready in the nic of time,

Sean

TeamRogers69
30th April 2007, 18:28
Great effort by you and your team John.

When I was up in the spotters gantry, the cheers and clapping from the crowd (and the other spotters!) when you managed to join race two was fantastic.

I imagine I speak for many others when I say that I'm glad you didn't sell the truck. The series would be a little less special without the likes of you guys!

I hope your the 'second' most luckiest team for the rest of the season!

Well done again.

TEAM ROGERS RACING (truck #69)

truckmonster
30th April 2007, 19:29
All the mechanics on pit lane clapped you out of the garage.You were flying in that first race John!

tambow21
30th April 2007, 20:07
yeh thanks for all the help from the other teams who helped us in getting the car back out for the second race. n apart from the little incidents, john did very well.

turn 4 mad
30th April 2007, 21:36
Thanks to all the teams who offered and delivered bits, without us even asking, you just don’t get that anywhere else, and is why we are back in Pickup Truck Racing this season.

You would get that in scsa racing. Take Shanes turn 4 mishap yesterday, they had tractor boy from Revolution Racing helping out put the car back together.
And a big cheer from all the teams in pit lane when he made it out for race 2.

The Pits!
30th April 2007, 23:19
All the mechanics on pit lane clapped you out of the garage.You were flying in that first race John!
EVERYONE clapped you out of the garage! Shame about the exhaust!

on the fence
30th April 2007, 23:26
can i just say well done you guys, i know you had a bad weekend but you are so good with the fans, my daughter was so thrilled to sit in the cheerios car and be fussed over by all of the team.
the pickup teams did a brilliant job last weekend and we spent time at all of he garages, taking home lots of freebies.
we cant wait untill the next rockingham.

The White Lady
1st May 2007, 18:41
Hi John and co,

So thrilled to see you back out there and going so incredibly well in the first race. Shame it went a bit wrong, but we know the truck's on the pace this season already.

Thanks for letting Pit Kid get involved - he really enjoyed geting his hands dirty in the garage - I just hope he really was a help and not a nuisance.
Fantastic job getting it back on track for race 2 - if the will of the crowd had it's way you would have finished on the podium!

Great effort - look forward to seeing you back in June. :wave:

just_smile99
1st May 2007, 20:20
EVERYONE clapped you out of the garage! Shame about the exhaust!

Yep everyone did clap you out....i didnt see one person who wasnt and i was sat down on the wall in pit lane with Jimmy.

X

truckmonster
1st May 2007, 20:56
can i just say well done you guys, i know you had a bad weekend but you are so good with the fans, my daughter was so thrilled to sit in the cheerios car and be fussed over by all of the team.
the pickup teams did a brilliant job last weekend and we spent time at all of he garages, taking home lots of freebies.
we cant wait untill the next rockingham.

You dont have to wait until next rockingham,the trucks are at croft in May.

corbygal
1st May 2007, 23:01
I was watching the team get the truck ready down by the garages, and was clapping as they were pushing the truck out, I did hear quite a bit of cheering down there from the garage roof! I wish I had pictures of the guys reparing it, but unfornately I had ran out of memory on my cards!

The first race you were really amazing until that unfortunate incident, well done. Also thank you for organising a lift back for me too! You really helped me out! If you want any pictures from the weekend just ask!

Tiesse
1st May 2007, 23:12
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/Tiesse68/BRSCC%20April/_MG_0968.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/Tiesse68/BRSCC%20April/_MG_0983.jpg

Blue Infinity
1st May 2007, 23:19
Hey Stanty

Here's a piccy taken just after 2pm on Sunday - have loads of racing ones too. Let me know and I can send you some.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/kungfu_babe_2006/Cheerios.jpg

Linda

The Pits!
3rd May 2007, 23:20
Yep everyone did clap you out....i didnt see one person who wasnt and i was sat down on the wall in pit lane with Jimmy.

X
SAT down? on the pitwall?? Tut-tut :)

stanty
8th May 2007, 18:29
Hey Stanty

Here's a piccy taken just after 2pm on Sunday - have loads of racing ones too. Let me know and I can send you some.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/kungfu_babe_2006/Cheerios.jpg

Linda

Hi Linda,
If you have any more shots, i'm sure we could use them, our e mail is
[email:3rusqkel]mail@maxattack.co.uk[/email:3rusqkel]

We discovered that we managed to clip either Gav or Dobbsy when they were doing their syncronised spinning at turn 4, this damaged one of the wishbones and caused the understeer we had, and the visit into the wall!
It had to happen sometime!

thanks to you all for your kind comments and all in the PUT paddock who gave us so much help and support... as they do every race meeting!

Stanty
http://www.cheerios-racing.com

just_smile99
8th May 2007, 22:21
SAT down? on the pitwall?? Tut-tut :)

Lol did you not see the boots i was wearing...my feet were killin for days afterwards! lol

but still to see everyone clapping was amazing

X

earnhardt8
9th May 2007, 09:51
Hello

I've got some picture that we took of the Cheerios truck, i'll email them to you .