PDA

View Full Version : Car #31 Pit Stop

spizz
30th April 2007, 18:23
Can someone explain what happened when the #31 car came into the pits.
It looked like they took one wheel off the car but couldn't find another one to replace it. Something was said over the commentry but I couldn't hear it all over the noise of the SCSA cars.

Was it a puncture or something ?

Who is this guy Corky, who was being interviewed by Amy ? Is it true he is an ex ASA crew chief from the USA ?

cgs
30th April 2007, 18:38
the RF tyre went soft and they couldn't find the #31's RF tyre among the other tyres in the pit stall (the other Revolution cars' tyres were there aswell)

Duane
30th April 2007, 19:38
The # 31 crew threw themselves into helping Shane's crew get the #48 car out just in the nick of time, but thats the sort of family atmosphere we have within the V8 community, that said Tractor boy was helping the most and as its his job to sort the spare tyres it was not organised as well as usual.

Duncan was ok with it but it will not happen again.

as for Quorky, ex ASA crew Chief.......thats funny!!!!!

Duane

EarWig
30th April 2007, 19:44
Thanks Duane

To explain further - Duncan Gray had a handling problem with the 31 car during laps 24 - 26

Even John Steward in the 75 car said afterwards that his car "looked like a boat"

Rather than risk a collison with the wall or become a mobile chicane Duncan entered pit lane without any warning to the pit crew.

Quorky, Tractor Boy and Roger performed miracles this weekend including helping the 48 car team repair the car for the 2nd race.
No blame will be apportioned to any of the crew regarding the so called "missing tyre" in fact exactly the opposite - they were awesome!.

Ray
Owner - 31 Car

turn 4 mad
30th April 2007, 20:20
the RF tyre went soft and they couldn't find the #31's RF tyre among the other tyres in the pit stall (the other Revolution cars' tyres were there aswell)

and a thanks to spanner off the #99 crew who helped remove the wheel in the mayhem and then loaned the 99 spare wheel!
Quorky ASA crew chief- its true he was once the chief of the Amateur Swimming Association! ha ha

TORQUESPEED MAN
30th April 2007, 20:34
Close. While he was in the USA with us he did join the ASA - American Snorkelling Association !

TORQUESPEED MAN
30th April 2007, 20:42
Picture attached

quorky
30th April 2007, 21:28
he has got his 25 meter swimming badge :vader:

Blue Infinity
30th April 2007, 22:56
Those guys were awesome getting the 48 car out again.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/kungfu_babe_2006/48Car02.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/kungfu_babe_2006/48Car.jpg

english4ever
30th April 2007, 23:52
he has got his 25 meter swimming badge :vader:

o Zippy i never knew you could swim!!!

quorky
1st May 2007, 00:05
its not the swimming its getting back be easer if i got tyer or wheel to hand ha ha :vader:

english4ever
1st May 2007, 00:21
I was to busy helping the 48 team drilling and riveting and bolting Shane Breretons Bumper back on his car to get him out in time for the race!! completely forgot the spares after we had pushed Shanes car into pit lane! Hey we got a third and Duncan done very well by getting into the 36's so we had a good weekend mate.

bravheart
1st May 2007, 00:34
Thanks to you Guy's! This was one of the best weekends racing i have had for many years!

The rest in the pit lane did me no harm at all, pitting Rob wasn't their with all his jelly baby's .

racing59
1st May 2007, 07:49
One of my bleedin' crew eat them all!

Grrrrrrr

Now to drown him in Ribena!

quorky
1st May 2007, 12:48
buy a bigger bag cheap skake :vader:

Chigley
1st May 2007, 13:02
buy a bigger bag cheap skake :vader:

He didn't buy them, its part of the new title.

"Lubricated by Ribena, powered by Jelly Babies"

bravheart
1st May 2007, 14:28
Well i hate to think of mine Hehe "Lubricated by Red Bull, Powered by Baked Beans" Now there's a combination!!!

quorky
1st May 2007, 18:59
theh the toilet to shift sum cross weight?