PDA

View Full Version : WSB/WSS Assen

ChrisS
28th April 2007, 23:44
How come we dont have a thread for this yet?

Toseland on pole his middle section time was unbelivable, Biaggi was able to improve his pace a lot on superpole and got 4th, the 2 Ducatis between them with Lanzi faster than Bayliss, Haga messed up his superpole lap and starts 15th

In WSS Sofuoglu on pole once again with Charpentier 2nd Parkes 3rd and Foret 4th.
Steve Martin replacing the injured Curtain is 6th and Andrew Pitt on a 3rd Ten Kate is 7th

WSBK starting grid

1 James Toseland GBR Ten Kate Honda CBR 1000RR 1 min 38.603 secs
2 Lorenzo Lanzi ITA Ducati Xerox 999F07 1 min 39.226 secs
3 Troy Bayliss AUS Ducati Xerox 999F07 1 min 39.256 secs
4 Max Biaggi ITA Alstare Suzuki Corona Extra GSXR1000 K7 1 min 39.32 secs
5 Ruben Xaus ESP GMB Racing Ducati 999F06 1 min 39.411 secs
6 Troy Corser AUS Yamaha Motor Italia YZF R1 1 min 39.422 secs
7 Max Neukirchner GER Suzuki Germany GSXR1000 K6 1 min 39.648 secs
8 Yukio Kagayama JPN Alstare Suzuki Corona Extra GSXR1000 K7 1 min 39.928 secs
9 Karl Muggeridge AUS Alto Evolution Honda CBR 1000RR 1 min 40.057 secs
10 Fonsi Nieto ESP PSG-1 Kawasaki Corse ZX10R 1 min 40.288 secs
11 Roberto Rolfo ITA Ten Kate Honda CBR 1000RR 1 min 40.328 secs
12 Jakub Smrz CZE Team Caracchi Ducati SC 999 F05 1 min 40.376 secs
13 Regis Laconi FRA PSG-1 Kawasaki Corse ZX10R 1 min 40.561 secs
14 Josh Brookes AUS Alto Evolution Honda CBR 1000RR 1 min 40.674 secs
15 Noriyuki Haga JPN Yamaha Motor Italia YZF R1 1 min 41.093 secs
16 Michel Fabrizio ITA DFX Treme Honda CBR 1000RR 1 min 41.213 secs
17 Shinichi Nakatomi JPN Yamaha Motor France-Ipone YZF R1 1 min 40.824 secs
18 Christian Zaiser AUT LBR Racing MV Agusta F4 1000R 1 min 42.102 secs
19 Dean Ellison GBR Team Pedercini Ducati 999RS 1 min 43.662 secs
20 Lorenzo Morelli ITA Team Pedercini Ducati 999RS 1 min 43.756 secs
21 M. Svoboda CZE Jr Pro SBK Racing Yamaha YZF R1 1 min 44.901 secs

Allyc85
29th April 2007, 00:11
whats up with Haga in 15th?!

ChrisS
29th April 2007, 00:49
whats up with Haga in 15th?!

Haga messed up his superpole lap and starts 15th
;)

fatman
29th April 2007, 04:03
This race isn't going to air on SpeedChannel until Tuesday.. teh sucks!

29th April 2007, 11:05
Watch out for Haga's start off the grid, he'll be flying! Would someone tell me how superpole actually works. Thought it was a kind of shootout between the top 10 from qualifying but think I've got it wrong. We don't get any of the qualifying races from Sky in NZ.

Allyc85
29th April 2007, 11:11
doh, i was drunk lol should be great entertainment now with him so far back!

ChrisS
29th April 2007, 14:43
Does anyone know a password for perugia timing's live timing?

I don't usually use live timing but I had a laptop in the tv room and though it would be nice.

Last year whenever I used live timing I used http://superbike.perugiatiming.com/ but now it wants a password

http://www.worldsbk.com/livetiming.php also has live timing but its crap IMHO it only refreshes every minute or so

Corny
29th April 2007, 19:50
I'll cry so hard if the big manufactures will go away from world superbike, it's so exiting right now! There are so many top drivers on so many top bikes..

But OK, back to Assen, good old Bayliss :D ! Toseland shows again he's on pole to take the title this year, and Biaggi was not what I expected, but he hasn't raced on the new Assen before so it's OK. Too bad Haga had to retire, what was the prob?

ChrisS
29th April 2007, 21:48
their race report email says electrical-based engine problem

The Phantom
30th April 2007, 04:52
Great racing. Loved the post-race chats with JT and TB afterwards, it's great to see the mutual respect between these guys (and just about all of the WSB guys in general, much different to MotoGP).

Biaggi had a great day but was missing that last something needed to run with the wolves. Both JT and TB admitting that for the last 3 laps they were both riding out of their skin : )

NinjaMaster
30th April 2007, 11:13
A really intriguing weekend of racing.

Some real hard luck stories with Haga making brilliant starts and a sensational second in the first race only to have mechanical gremlins interrupt his chance of putting pressure on Toseland. Perhaps that is an evener-upperer for Toselands mechanical DNF at Donnington. I was gutted for Corser who was looking good for a hard fought podium only to be robbed by mechanical failure. Showed real heart with his 4th in race 2. I was also really disappointed for Broc Parkes who fought so hard only to go down from 2nd spot on the penultimate lap. Not the best weekend for Yamaha I guess.

The supersports I found particularly interesting. After only 2 races, Andrew Pitt is 4th in the championship, yet I'm unaware if he has a ride for the rest of the year. It's nice to see Kawasaki now a regular front runner in the hands of Foret who probably had his best start of the year (only dropped to about 10th off the line!) only to make the most basic of mistakes and miscount the laps. It was funny though.

The Phantom
1st May 2007, 00:52
Yeah Foret made the mistake of the year to date!

Interesting about Pitt. Imagine if he took his second world title this year!

tha_jackal
1st May 2007, 03:09
I saw highlights on the news, was quite funny how the pommy commentators were celebrating JT's double win before he'd even crossed the line, then 'the wily old fox' TB just shot up the inside with superior drive and pipped him to the line.. The poms were gob-smacked haha.. Gold.. :p

The Phantom
1st May 2007, 03:56
JT said he'd braked as late as he could into the chicane's last corner, but that meant he had to get hard on the gas to the line. He *might* have done it if he'd covered his line and forced TB to go outside him rather than inside... the difference between the fox and the rabbit huh : )

T-D
1st May 2007, 05:36
A really intriguing weekend of racing.

Some real hard luck stories with Haga making brilliant starts and a sensational second in the first race only to have mechanical gremlins interrupt his chance of putting pressure on Toseland. Perhaps that is an evener-upperer for Toselands mechanical DNF at Donnington. I was gutted for Corser who was looking good for a hard fought podium only to be robbed by mechanical failure. Showed real heart with his 4th in race 2. I was also really disappointed for Broc Parkes who fought so hard only to go down from 2nd spot on the penultimate lap. Not the best weekend for Yamaha I guess.

The supersports I found particularly interesting. After only 2 races, Andrew Pitt is 4th in the championship, yet I'm unaware if he has a ride for the rest of the year. It's nice to see Kawasaki now a regular front runner in the hands of Foret who probably had his best start of the year (only dropped to about 10th off the line!) only to make the most basic of mistakes and miscount the laps. It was funny though.good summary. one thind i might add in the supersport it's really frustrating watching fujiwara's efforts continually squashed by others accidents. he has a lot left in the tank. also loved how the ten kate boys raced each other. it looked like one of the early piitt passes that sofuoglu was none too pleased with pitt. :laugh: i was wondering what happened to foret. i think kr, jr. did a similar thing last year in estoril, iirc.

fatman
2nd May 2007, 04:24
The races were finally on TV here and I'm rather happy that I managed to avoid all news coverage so the results were still a surprise.

Not much commentary I can add, but I was off my seat for the final laps of race two. Big props for Troy in snatching victory !! Unbelievable racing all around.