4 John Steward
5 Tony Hurdle
6 Duncan Gray
7 Lee O'Keefe
8 Rob Compton
9 Pete Wilkinson
10 Keith White
11 Chris Robinson

Poor Miguel flew in from Portugal hoping to drive the Team Networking spare car. Unfortunately there were problems with his licence BUT he has sponsorship and funding and will be joining us at the next meeting in June.

Great support from John Mickel and the Torquespeed crew today - thanks John for helping us all

Regards

dah
28th April 2007, 22:07
ONLY 11 CARS AHHHHHH. well suppose its better than last year

hicksy
28th April 2007, 22:12
Bad news for Miguel. Glad to hear he will back in June.

shuz7
28th April 2007, 22:59
Well done Rob, excellent work for a Rookie

jonathan carr
28th April 2007, 23:01
Well done Rob Compton.
Any one got times?

JDPower
28th April 2007, 23:19
ONLY 11 CARS AHHHHHH. well suppose its better than last year
Barely. Once again falsely assured of 16-18 cars. Which then became 14 and now 11 :\

Deja-vu?

JDPower
28th April 2007, 23:22
Well done Rob Compton.
Any one got times?
Not specific times but the top four were in the 36's (36.6 pole I think, but might be a tenth out)

Stuart26
28th April 2007, 23:25
OK so Miguel couldnt race that means a spare car i say bring on Mr Mickel . Go Torquespeed

racing59
28th April 2007, 23:39
Times are as always on the msttiming.com site:
http://www.msttiming.com/thunder/2007/71767.pdf

I like Practice 2!!!

As for the number of cars, yes, it's a shame that Miguel isn't able to race, and we were expecing a Brazillian driver in the 77 car, which was going to be run by John Steward.

Yes, it would be great to see John there, but his position this weekend is to chaperone me and make sure that I'm OK.

It was hoped that Wayne Ward would have been in a position to be out with us, but as far as I know, he hasn't been able to sell his Rally Car to fund a SCSA car as yet (that's how I understand it)

Whether John comes out with is Torquespeed car is down to how well the series goes.

Let's get tomorrow over and done with, and see the quality of the racing. I've followed the series closely over the last few years, and I have never seen such optimism and people all fighting together, singing from the same hymnbook - all wanting the series to succeed.

I joined it because I thought it was something worth fighting for, and I stand by that decision. Compared to the other things I have driven, this has got to be the most exhilarating thing I've done. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing like barrelling up the hanger straight towards Stowe at 185-190mph, standing on the middle pedal, and throwing it through one of the best complexes of corners combining speed, agility and balance, but driving the Oval in a SCSA car is just plain awesome!

All I need now are some sponsors....

Rob.

Stuart26
29th April 2007, 00:12
I wish i had some money because the passion you show towards this series of racing is great and deserves to be rewarded.I hope it goes well for all of you and we can get back to the days of 4 car teams

Stuart

JDPower
29th April 2007, 00:27
OK so Miguel couldnt race that means a spare car i say bring on Mr Mickel . Go Torquespeed
I say bring on Mr Hodgson who was also there today ;) :cheese:

racing59
29th April 2007, 06:59
I wish i had some money because the passion you show towards this series of racing is great and deserves to be rewarded.I hope it goes well for all of you and we can get back to the days of 4 car teams

Stuart

Thanks for that Stuart.

Just a shame that the corporate suits don't think the same way!! Maybe after this weekend, things might change.

Look ---- over there ----- is that Lufthansa I see painted on that pig......

;)

Rob.

EarWig
29th April 2007, 07:59
Barely. Once again falsely assured of 16-18 cars. Which then became 14 and now 11 :\

Deja-vu?

?
JDP please tell me where on the official SCSA web site it says 16-18 cars or 14 cars

A post on the forum from Duane does say 12-15 cars possible and 12 we would have had on the grid if Miguel had been allowed to race, the car was there ready and so was Miguel, 13 if the 77 car had a driver.

As for the other potential cars, it may take some time for any rookies to get their plans and funding in place to join the series.

If there is an official notification for 16 - 18 cars I stand corrected, but I have not been able to find it.

The atmosphere and camaraderie between the teams and all involved in SCSA is nothing short of fantastic!

Well done Rob in qualifying and practice - top man!

GO DUNCAN!

Dave17
29th April 2007, 08:21
Phil Weavers car was there but did not come out...may be he'll turn up today? With that, the unfortunate absence of Miguel and Wayne, I think a possible 14 is a good start.

...and Rob, KEEP YOUR EXHAUST TO YOURSELF TODAY!!!!! I don't want it.

acorn
29th April 2007, 13:12
?

A post on the forum from Duane does say 12-15 cars possible and 12 we would have had on the grid if Miguel had been allowed to race, the car was there ready and so was Miguel, 13 if the 77 car had a driver.

If there is an official notification for 16 - 18 cars I stand corrected, but I have not been able to find it.

not sure if this is the post you're referring to:

http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=149496&postcount=1

17 is mentioned(provisionally confirmed) and low 20's is also stated as a possibility(following enquiries).

let's hope that those provisionals and enquiries do eventually turn in to cars on the grid(sooner rather than later coz that yellow card ain't gonna disappear otherwise).

Tser
29th April 2007, 13:34
Don't forget the pitstops and longer races wil be back too

JDPower
30th April 2007, 04:08
not sure if this is the post you're referring to:

http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=149496&postcount=1

17 is mentioned(provisionally confirmed) and low 20's is also stated as a possibility(following enquiries).
Thanks Acorn (saved me searching for it).