PDA

View Full Version : For those in NYC...

Vivianita
12th December 2006, 03:45
Two years ago I went to NYC and I went to a japanese bookstore where they sell manga (japanese cartoons in books), now, I am desperate trying to remember where was it. My best friend (who lives there) is coming in a week to Colombia and I want her to buy me some books there. I remember that library was near the Public library, I seached on google and I found this:

Kinokuniya Bookstore
10 W 49th btwn 5th & 6th Aves, 212-765-7766
Japanese books, origami paper, etc. Very large and usually very busy. Japanese tour buses stop here because of its proximity to Rockefeller Center. A bit expensive but much better than any other Japanese bookstore in New York.

Is this bookstore near the library? Or does anyone know where can I buy in New York manga books? In Bogotá ois really hard to find that kind of books and I really need them.

race aficionado
12th December 2006, 04:00
Vivianita.
The main Public Library in Manhattan (there are a couple around the city) is located on 42 street and 5th avenue This would be a couple of blocks away from the address you mention (49th between 5th and 6th).
I will call tomorrow and ask them about the magazines you crave for.

Interesting how you are calling "those in NY . . . ." I'm curious as to who else of our forum lives in this small town of mine.

oh, and by the way . . . Vivianita came to NYC 2 years ago and failed to contact yours truly but I still remember that I actually forgave her . . . . so yes, I will gladly call tomorrow.

:)

:s mokin:

Bjorn240
12th December 2006, 04:31
I live on the UWS. And yeah, that sounds like the place.

Vivianita
12th December 2006, 04:42
Vivianita.
The main Public Library in Manhattan (there are a couple around the city) is located on 42 street and 5th avenue This would be a couple of blocks away from the address you mention (49th between 5th and 6th).
I will call tomorrow and ask them about the magazines you crave for.

Interesting how you are calling "those in NY . . . ." I'm curious as to who else of our forum lives in this small town of mine.

oh, and by the way . . . Vivianita came to NYC 2 years ago and failed to contact yours truly but I still remember that I actually forgave her . . . . so yes, I will gladly call tomorrow.

:s mokin:

Thank you thank you thank you! :) :kiss:

race aficionado
12th December 2006, 16:18
Vivianita.
I could PM this but now that it is out in the public forum probably other Manga aficionados would be interested.
If you go to http://www.kinokuniya.com/ you can see that
they do carry Manga comics and this is the selection they have.

http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/guest/cgi-bin/wshoseaohb.cgi?KEYWORD=%6D%61%6E%67%61&AREA=03

I also spoke with them personally and they are open 7 days a week so your friend will be sure to have a chance to get them for you before she leaves to my Colombia querida.

Felicidades.

Vivianita
12th December 2006, 17:28
Vivianita.
I could PM this but now that it is out in the public forum probably other Manga aficionados would be interested.
If you go to http://www.kinokuniya.com/ you can see that
they do carry Manga comics and this is the selection they have.

http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/guest/cgi-bin/wshoseaohb.cgi?KEYWORD=%6D%61%6E%67%61&AREA=03

I also spoke with them personally and they are open 7 days a week so your friend will be sure to have a chance to get them for you before she leaves to my Colombia querida.

Felicidades.

Thank you so much, race! I'll call my friend and tell her about the bookstore :D

Anyway, I found a bookstore here where they sell those books but are expensive (the books I saw there two years ago for 3 dollars cost about 15 dollars here), anyway I'll go there to see what else they sell.

Roamy
28th April 2011, 08:08
vivianita
be sure and check bay. If the ones on there are what you want we can figure out how to get them to you.

Dave B
28th April 2011, 11:59
Always interesting to speculate what fousty may have been searching for to find a five year old thread ;) :p

donKey jote
28th April 2011, 18:23
:laugh:

hi vivi :wave:

oops :arrows:

:dozey:

Eki
28th April 2011, 19:51
Always interesting to speculate what fousty may have been searching for to find a five year old thread ;) :p
Sexy members, perhaps.

airshifter
28th April 2011, 22:50

He was thinking it was like google and that searching "sexiest forum members" he would get images.

I didn't notice the dates until you posted, and was shocked that Vivianita had come out of hiding. I was waiting for a response from Andrea.

Roamy
28th April 2011, 23:49
yep I recall seeing her picture :)

airshifter
29th April 2011, 03:49
yep I recall seeing her picture :)

Link please! :laugh: