PDA

View Full Version : Pickup numbers

Tser
28th April 2007, 21:22
I know the club is unpopular with some, but anybody got any other ideas why there were fewer pickups today than we expected?

fastbob
29th April 2007, 19:58
John, i know your bitter, but why do you always seem to be on the forum looking for a negative or with a hidden agenda?

Abo
29th April 2007, 21:52
Did the racing suffer for being a couple down? No. And it's *still* a well populated grid...

truckmonster
29th April 2007, 23:17
bob how did your racing go? the pick ups were so good today i think there will be more at the next rock!

Tiesse
29th April 2007, 23:20
Sorry, am I missing something? Race 1 had 23 starters! Hardly a small field & as has already been said, the racing was great today, with the lead changing in both races umpteen times.

Abo
29th April 2007, 23:35
Sorry, am I missing something? Race 1 had 23 starters! Hardly a small field & as has already been said, the racing was great today, with the lead changing in both races umpteen times.

Tell me about it, both races were mental to spot for, and Pete had my heart in my mouth a couple of times in that second race! :eek:

Reynard
30th April 2007, 00:37
Tell me about it, both races were mental to spot for, and Pete had my heart in my mouth a couple of times in that second race! :eek:

You bet mate! Bet the three wide squeeze between Gav and Dobbsy on the pit straight made you clench your buttocks!!! :eek:

Hell, I didn't even notice there was the odd absentee - the trucks were just as, if not more manic than usual! Quality wins over quantity every time for me - the Trucks were superb today Tser, don't diss them.

Abo
30th April 2007, 08:42
You bet mate! Bet the three wide squeeze between Gav and Dobbsy on the pit straight made you clench your buttocks!!! :eek:

The spotting whet something like:

'3 wide, in the middle... in the middle... Jesus Christ!!! In the middle...'

It wouldn't be pickup racing if we didn't come away with the tyre donuts on the side though...

SteveA
30th April 2007, 10:38
Jesus Christ!!! In the middle...

When did he do his rookie test? They kept that quiet!

Abo
30th April 2007, 11:10
When did he do his rookie test? They kept that quiet!

Lol

Reynard
30th April 2007, 14:34
The spotting whet something like:

'3 wide, in the middle... in the middle... Jesus Christ!!! In the middle...'

It wouldn't be pickup racing if we didn't come away with the tyre donuts on the side though...

Here ya go Abo! Proof of 3-wide truck squeeze exclusively from Post 14! :cheese:

Dave17
30th April 2007, 19:47
Here ya go Abo! Proof of 3-wide truck squeeze exclusively from Post 14! :cheese:

Talking about "squeeze", Witty ask for a lift back to the paddock at lunch time. "Sure hop in the back" I say. The camera bag came in but Witty was still in the doorway. "Come on" I say "we don't have long for dinner you know" she replied "I'm trying, but my arse is too big!" Howls of laughter from the mini bus filled with marshals.....

JovialJooles
30th April 2007, 23:29
Talking about "squeeze", Witty ask for a lift back to the paddock at lunch time. "Sure hop in the back" I say. The camera bag came in but Witty was still in the doorway. "Come on" I say "we don't have long for dinner you know" she replied "I'm trying, but my arse is too big!" Howls of laughter from the mini bus filled with marshals.....

:rotflmao: It was one of those priceless moments...

Larsen
30th April 2007, 23:58
I dont know whether anyone has noticed the standings page on the Pickuptrucks website, but since when did Paul Poulter become 73? ;)

Reynard
1st May 2007, 00:13
:rotflmao: It was one of those priceless moments...

... Which I believe none of you will never dare let me forget!!! :eek: :laugh:

Al_Green
1st May 2007, 00:19
I dont know whether anyone has noticed the standings page on the Pickuptrucks website, but since when did Paul Poulter become 73? ;)

It's all them black trucks, easy to get confused... :D

Al.

The Pits!
1st May 2007, 00:24

and loads of crashes - so only 18 finishers in race 1 - and how many started race 2??

whereas the SCSA had 11 start and 10 finish in race one, and 11/11 in Race 2 - thats the way to go guys

on the fence
1st May 2007, 00:38
and loads of crashes - so only 18 finishers in race 1 - and how many started race 2??

whereas the SCSA had 11 start and 10 finish in race one, and 11/11 in Race 2 - thats the way to go guys

what.... ?????? it was a demo race, we all know that! were as pickups was obviously real racing! did you hear me real racing. so before you infect all the threads on this forum with your scsa is best policy, remember i was there, as i have been for years.
the scsa was obviiously well planned and fair play to them, but dont slag the pickups off for good HONEST hard racing.
You guys need to work together not against each other.

Tiesse
1st May 2007, 00:53
what.... ?????? it was a demo race, we all know that! were as pickups was obviously real racing! did you hear me real racing. so before you infect all the threads on this forum with your scsa is best policy, remember i was there, as i have been for years.
the scsa was obviiously well planned and fair play to them, but dont slag the pickups off for good HONEST hard racing.
You guys need to work together not against each other.

Calm down!

JovialJooles
1st May 2007, 00:59
and how many started race 2??

erm... more than 11!

The way to go is to build on the 11 cars that were out yesterday, and I am sure that will happen.

I've obviously entered the twilight zone...

or possible the Muppet Show :D