PDA

View Full Version : Any charge for entry today (quali)?

JDPower
28th April 2007, 15:07
I've got a pass but my GF wants to come too and I can't find info anywhere on whether they are charging for entry to qualifying today.

Anyone know?

JDPower
28th April 2007, 15:20
Never mind. As is always the way, as soon as I posted I found the answer (it is free) :arrows:

cameronian
28th April 2007, 20:05
I'm afraid the answer is £5 today for non-season pass holders.
Still good value but should have been posted in advance.

Tser
28th April 2007, 20:36
Entry is free to the public on the Saturday but not on the Sunday.

The above is from the BRSCC Racing @ Rockingham website.

I suggest anybody who was charged £5 today, wants to email them asking for an explanation and a refund. Trades descriptions etc.

JDPower
28th April 2007, 23:04
Entry is free to the public on the Saturday but not on the Sunday.

The above is from the BRSCC Racing @ Rockingham website.
Yup, thats where I found it and certainly no sign of people being charged to get in when I got there (no one on the gate)

cameronian
28th April 2007, 23:11
I actually spoke to two guys who had tickets that cost them £5 each.
The one security guy at the gate also confirmed a £5 entry fee and one of the ticket booths was manned.
This was around 10AM.
I don't think I've dreamt it...........

LessThanSte
28th April 2007, 23:55
In the case that they're free, its not great for them to be promoting 'free entry on saturdays' for season ticket holders really!

Eeyore
29th April 2007, 00:48
I actually spoke to two guys who had tickets that cost them £5 each.
The one security guy at the gate also confirmed a £5 entry fee and one of the ticket booths was manned.
This was around 10AM.
I don't think I've dreamt it...........

No you weren't dreaming.
I spoke to Dominic Ostrowski (BRSCC Marketing Manager) who said if you had a ticket for Sunday, then you could get in for free. They were charging due to the one-off races (Mighty Minis and BRSCC LMA Euro Saloon/Sports Cars) that were ONLY on Saturday. He aplogised for not updating the website.

I'm used to free Saturday entry, but will be prepared next time!

Nick Brad
4th May 2007, 12:57
Advance notice of this would have been greatly appreciated. One of our crew who only turned up around lunchtime was charged £5 only to be handed a team pass when he arrived in the pits.