PDA

View Full Version : Di Resta in for unwell Massa at Hungary

yodasarmpit
29th July 2017, 11:44
Paul Di Resta to step in for Massa this weekend, Massa too unwell to drive.

https://twitter.com/WilliamsRacing/status/891245706798825473

Tazio
29th July 2017, 12:17
Should be interesting, this will be his first time driving the 2017 iteration. He's really gotten thrown into the deep end!

gm99
29th July 2017, 13:09
Not last and only 7/10ths behind Stroll - not too bad!

The Black Knight
1st August 2017, 10:15
DiResta did a tremendous job. I still don't understand why he has not got a full time drive. You look at his ability versus someone like Palmer or Ericsson. What a waste of talent.

AndyL
1st August 2017, 12:13
He sure did. There's a good chance he'd have got one or both of the Saubers before the end of the race if not for the reliability problem.

N. Jones
1st August 2017, 15:57
He didn't do too bad. I still wish there were at least four more teams to give people like him a chance....and to give positions 7-10 and the points received more meaning.

Jinu13
1st August 2017, 17:36
Does anyone know why they chose DiResta? Is it contractual or was he just the only one available?

Koz
2nd August 2017, 07:40
Does anyone know why they chose DiResta? Is it contractual or was he just the only one available?

He was their official test driver. Who else would be available on an hour's notice?

Given that last time, when Bottas sat out in Australia, they didn't have anyone race for them, I'm actually quite surprised.

inimitablestoo
2nd August 2017, 08:20
It was because they were unprepared for Bottas' non-start in 2015 that they signed an official reserve. I believe Adrian Sutil had the job initially.

Given that Mercedes have announced they're quitting the DTM (not for another year, but there may be contractual issues) I wonder if di Resta might get the Williams job on a more permanent basis? After all, Massa wasn't originally going to race this season and Paul fits Martini's supposed age restriction rule.