PDA

View Full Version : Did Mark nuke our members?

Valve Bounce
12th December 2006, 03:09
Before Mark upgraded the forum, there were zillions of guys logged on all the time. Now there are only very, very few. So I just wonder whether Mark had access to some CSI electronic equipment that nuked most of our members when they tried to log on. :crazy:

grassrootsracer
12th December 2006, 03:41
In the Birthdays thread, pino explains that members who had 0 posts in the past year were deleted.

Hondo
12th December 2006, 05:40
People aren't logging in because they don't like what has happened to the forum. They're voting by leaving. Reputations? Bannishment points? The whole wretched thing has been turned into Euro Teen Chat.

There's a lot of people that had far more than 0 posts in the last year, that you haven't seen around now. I'm outta here myself.

Alexamateo
12th December 2006, 05:48
I also think we are logged out if we leave automatically. If we close our browser or go somewhere else on the web, we are not counted as being "on". I say this because I'll see a certain member "on" the list. A few minutes later they're gone, and finally a few more minutes pass and they're back on again. I believe now we are only counted as "on" if we are actively viewing some part of the forum.

Mark
12th December 2006, 10:08
The session timeout used to be 60 minutes, it's now 15 minutes. That'll account for the majority of the change.

Valve Bounce
12th December 2006, 10:25
People aren't logging in because they don't like what has happened to the forum. They're voting by leaving. Reputations? Bannishment points? The whole wretched thing has been turned into Euro Teen Chat.

There's a lot of people that had far more than 0 posts in the last year, that you haven't seen around now. I'm outta here myself.

I love everything about our forum, and Mark has made it infinitely better without my computer dragging on for ages to get on board.

However, if anyone here doesn't like the way it is run, there is an open invitation for these persons to send me a PM and i will direct them to the forum that I used to visit.

Having said all that, may I take this opportunity to say "adios" to all the guys who are leaving; nice knowing ya!

Fleur
12th December 2006, 10:51
I keep getting logged out, even when I am looking at this forum....
Anyone know why???
Plus, any idea where our PMs have gone??

Mark
12th December 2006, 11:07
I keep getting logged out, even when I am looking at this forum....
Anyone know why???
Plus, any idea where our PMs have gone??

Have you clicked, remember me?

We started afresh with the PM's, but you can still acess them via the Motorsport Forums archive.

555-04Q2
12th December 2006, 11:10
Have you clicked, remember me?

Took me two days and about 50 log ins before I worked that one out :(

Yes, I am blond :p :

martinbalmer
12th December 2006, 11:16
remember me?

Now you've come to mention it, yes you are vaguely familiar :p :

Took me two days and about 50 log ins before I worked that one out :(

Yes, I am blond :p :

But isn't the Remember Me check-box meant to mean you never log in, even when you come back days later? You should still stay logged in for the duration of your session even if it is unchecked. When not using it you will get logged out if you leave the web site, open it in a new window, push BACK too much and assorted other things...

555-04Q2
12th December 2006, 11:22
But isn't the Remember Me check-box meant to mean you never log in, even when you come back days later? You should still stay logged in for the duration of your session even if it is unchecked. When not using it you will get logged out if you leave the web site, open it in a new window, push BACK too much and assorted other things...

Dont know to be honest. What I do know is I no longer have to log in when I go online and thankfully no longer have to type in my username and password everytime I want to post one of my cr@ppy posts :p :

Gibbsy
12th December 2006, 11:52
Its the off season for most of the motorsport world.

Give it time.

Donney
12th December 2006, 12:10
Yes, now we are entering the boring period and the silly season it'll all comeback in due time.

millencolin
12th December 2006, 12:45
I'm outta here myself.

dont let your door hit your arse on the way out now

all in all, new forums are top notch! i think it needed to start fresh...

but it gets a tad confusing to my colourblind self when i have this open as well as ChampcarFanatics at the same time :p : oh well