PDA

View Full Version : Quit Forest Rally WA

raybak
28th April 2007, 01:13
The 2nd round of the ARC is being held this weekend in the forests south of Perth in Western Australia.

Neal Bates in the S2000 Corolla won the first 2 Super Special stages on tarmac last night. Eli Evans in 2nd in his privateer Subaru, Dean Herridge in 3rd in another WRX and Simon Evans 4th.

Just waiting for live timing to start for the Saturday Stages, live timing available on http://www.rally.com.au

Ray

raybak
28th April 2007, 03:32
After stage 4, Simon Evans leads in a Toyota Group N(p) from Dean Herridge, with Neal Bates in 3rd. Good form from the Fiesta Super 2000 with Guest beating Bates on stage 4.

Ray

Livewireshock
29th April 2007, 07:40
Guesty has been showing some good speed in the Fiesta. Up to second during the second heat. Although he seems to be slower on the second pass over the stages.

raybak
29th April 2007, 08:59
Bummer about Brendan Reeves going off on the last stage, he was sitting in 5th at the time.

Ray

HaCo
29th April 2007, 13:05
The Fiestas are showing a very good performance today! Beating the Toyota Super 2000 several times. The total result is not bad either, 4th and 5th both days, very good!

http://www.rally.com.au/data/images/photogallery/large07/qfr07/qfr07_shake_02.jpg

Livewireshock
29th April 2007, 13:53
Except for Simon's dominance in the older Toyota, the entire field is very very competitive.

It is great news that Ford has a car capable of taking the challenge to Toyota. Dean is as consistent as ever plus a whole charge of new young drivers.

It was a shame that Eli had his off yesterday. Does anyone know how severe the fire was in his car? Had thoughts of Kevin Shaw with that news

Livewireshock
29th April 2007, 14:07
Just seen Joel's pictures of Eli. Thankfully not too major but still heart breaking for the young hard charger.

GigiGalliNo1
30th April 2007, 04:02
I should have gone, but left it to the last minute on getting a media accred. Well i'm awaiting the WRC style ARC review on TEN but how come it was all free entry for spectators on wkend? Got Japan and NZ later this year! Thats my rallies :D

raybak
30th April 2007, 08:18
Free spectating sounds good, they should do that at all ARC's to get the crowds back. The amount of money made from spectators is just about enough to cover the printing of tickets and getting people to sell the tickets.

Ray

Livewireshock
30th April 2007, 16:15
Never any cost to spectating in Tassie & the locals loved it. Allowed for hundreds of them to rock up last year & take an interest.

In NZ, the spectating was free except for the Super Specials & for SS1 Whare Flat. By the way, it was $10 for Forsbury Park. $5 for the street stage & Whare Flat. Hardly broke the bank. Plus you are not confined solely to spectator areas in NZ.

Alot cheaper than the $25 a day charged in Queensland but the kids under 12 was free. I had two in tow.

raybak
1st May 2007, 10:09
Alot cheaper than the $25 a day charged in Queensland but the kids under 12 was free. I had two in tow.

Where did you get the kids from this time???

You still right for ROC??

Ray

ian959
1st May 2007, 13:34
Free spectating sounds good, they should do that at all ARC's to get the crowds back. The amount of money made from spectators is just about enough to cover the printing of tickets and getting people to sell the tickets.

Ray

Precisely why Ross Tapper decided on free spectator entry - help get the crowds back. Hardly made a huge dent in the budget either...

Hopefully see you at the ROC.

Ian

HaCo
1st May 2007, 15:15
No videos on Quit Forest Rally? :)

Livewireshock
2nd May 2007, 02:47
Where did you get the kids from this time???

You still right for ROC??

Ray

They were my two nephews. Remember you met them last year & Gerald floored Anthony when he was thrown the keys to the lancer. An eleven year olds dream come true. During the rally it has been already sorted, Anthony will steer & Aiden will call the notes. Coming soon to a motorkhana near you!!!!

Got to be better than the burnout competitions & drift meets that their Dad takes them to most of the time.

So do not fear, Ray, I am still unhindered by any extra burden. I am right & ready for the ROC. With four cars to service, it will be a case of all hands on deck.