PDA

View Full Version : Maldonado to Sauber

zako85
1st April 2017, 10:00
https://thejudge13.com/2017/03/31/maldonado-returns-to-f1-with-sauber/

The Black Knight
4th April 2017, 08:31
I heard about this a week ago but looks like Sauber have done the smart thing and gone for Giovonazzi. It would be tragic for F1 to see the return of Maldonado. The man is a donkey and should never be allowed near a F1 car again.

AndyL
4th April 2017, 10:00
Pretty sure it was an April fool joke. I know it's hard to tell on that particular site.

inimitablestoo
4th April 2017, 10:59
I initially dismissed it as such, but it was published on March 31... Anyway, I can't see a year out of racing having done anything to improve Maldonado's erratic ways. Giovinazzi's in for one more race at least and it wouldn't surprise me to see him back in something else before long, even if/when Wehrlein returns. Good to see, as he was in danger of being one of those great lost talents that F1 ignored.

steveaki13
8th April 2017, 20:17
If it was an April fools then it was pure nonsense

If it is real then it is pure nonsense :p

I really hope that if Wehrlein cant return for now then Giovinazzi gets the drive

Tazio
9th April 2017, 00:12
Pastor thought he had a shot at the Sauber seat when Rosberg retired and speculation was that Whrlein would field that seat, leaving a seat open. The latest nonsense is Mcrubbish

veeten
9th April 2017, 13:21
after seeing Antonio's driving "technique", I'm not so sure... :\

AndyL
9th April 2017, 16:07
after seeing Antonio's driving "technique", I'm not so sure... :\

I bet Wehrlein was sitting at home saying "there's no way I would have crashed in a straight line in front of the pits there..."

Or maybe not :)

Tazio
9th April 2017, 19:47
McVinassi is off to a really rugged start. He's not impressing anyone in F1. Hopefully he will get the monkey off his back, and PW needs to get in that car.