PDA

View Full Version : Volunteering in Motorsport

mgy
19th February 2017, 22:40
I apologize if this topic is unrelated to this thread.

Is anyone looking for a volunteer in a team or race track? I am currently in the USA, Hawaii state and willing to relocate. My motorsport interest is in Rallycross, Le Mans, Touring, Indy. I am willing to expand to another motorsport as well.

An abstract of my background, I have graduated with computer engineering and spend 2~3 years in FSAE. I spent most of my time working on the electrical parts of the car.

I can elaborate more if needed,

Thank you for your time,

Starter
23rd February 2017, 22:08
I apologize if this topic is unrelated to this thread.

Is anyone looking for a volunteer in a team or race track? I am currently in the USA, Hawaii state and willing to relocate. My motorsport interest is in Rallycross, Le Mans, Touring, Indy. I am willing to expand to another motorsport as well.

An abstract of my background, I have graduated with computer engineering and spend 2~3 years in FSAE. I spent most of my time working on the electrical parts of the car.

I can elaborate more if needed,

Thank you for your time,
In the USA your best bet is the Sports Car Club of America. www.scca.com

D-Type
24th February 2017, 14:48
Have you tried the old-fashioned way? Get a yearbook which has the addresses of all the teams and write to each of them saying what you have to offer them - after all they don't give a toss what you want from them.

MrJan
4th March 2017, 01:29
Everyone is looking for a volunteer. Speak to a local motor club (if there is one)

mgy
8th March 2017, 04:57
In the USA your best bet is the Sports Car Club of America. www.scca.com

Have you tried the old-fashioned way? Get a yearbook which has the addresses of all the teams and write to each of them saying what you have to offer them - after all they don't give a toss what you want from them.

Everyone is looking for a volunteer. Speak to a local motor club (if there is one)

I thought about what you guys are mentioning and apply these suggesstion outside of Hawaii while volunteer in SCCA Hawaii for my duration of my stay in Hawaii. My problem with my local club is that because we don't have a race track there are a lot of "red tape" regarding setting up events. I came across this issue during my FSAE years so I thought about looking for opportunities outside of Hawaii as I am planning to move out of the islands.

I am currently applying suggestions from Starter. D-type, and yourself and see what are my options outside of Hawaii. For the time being I'll keep looking.

Thank you all for pitching in. It is greatly appreciated

MrJan
8th March 2017, 21:02
There is red tape regardless. Very few clubs in the UK own a track, they hire from others. There should be other types of motorsport though, but I'm not that familiar with the sport on that side of the atlantic