PDA

View Full Version : Ignominious end for Mr Dennis

Alfa Fan
15th November 2016, 20:56
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/37987396

Control-freak Ron forced out by his own shareholders. Wonder if he wishes he'd orchastrated a bit more of a dignified exit from Formula One?

Nitrodaze
16th November 2016, 14:50
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/37987396

Control-freak Ron forced out by his own shareholders. Wonder if he wishes he'd orchastrated a bit more of a dignified exit from Formula One?

When you think Mclaren, Ron Dennis is never far from ones mind. Makes you wonder, are the shareholders saying he was crap at his job? I would very much doubt that. The vision to reunite with age old partner HONDA in order to give the team a better chance of securing a world championship was Ron Dennis's idea. It takes a big mind to make such an inspired decision.

I suppose if we were to take stock of the partnership thus far, we could say it should have been further ahead than it is so far. But in the last year, it has made significant steps forward. The 2017 season was seen mostly as the litmus test of whether the partnership is working. With this unfortunate shakeup, and the unease within the team as a new replacement is sought, it raise significant concern as to whether the team would be able to continue on their trajectory next season.

This partly because, a committee management would most likely involve alot of red tape, as decision making would be slow and made largely by individuals lacking the skill and experience of Ron Dennis. When a replacement is finally found, the entire team would need to readjust to the style and characteristics of a new Chairman. Obviously, how well this aspect works out would largely depend on the individual selected. In particular, how he or she get along with Honda.

That said, it is bound to have some impact on the F1 operation. Because the team has to continue their programme of catching up with the front end of the grid while dealing with a committee and then transitioning into a different style of leadership from the appointed replacement.

Most wiser heads would have sought a less turbulent transition. Tossing Ron out only show retaliation with little thought for the consequence of this course of action. I wonder what Honda is thinking about all this.

Bagwan
16th November 2016, 16:25
Ron's exit was coming for some time now , as he'd fallen out with Ojeh , with whom he held 50% of McLaren .
It was the argument over going to Bahrain that incensed his long'time partner .

Ron's book will be much more revealing than Brawn's .

truefan72
16th November 2016, 23:17
well I for one am glad he is gone.
Stayed too long, was too infelxible, overvalued his product, alienated those he needed the most, and effectively saw the demise of mclaren with all his wrong moves, and making working at mclaren an unattractive proposition for top engineers.
so yeah...time to go

zako85
17th November 2016, 14:08
I don't really understand the amount of gloating from the F1 community from these news. Ron Denis is the man who was running McLaren in its most glorious times. After reading some posts on the forums, an outsider would get the idea that Ron Denis is as bad as Briatore. Why?