PDA

View Full Version : Its been a while

anfield5
15th November 2016, 00:00
Hi all.
haven't been around much lately (nearly a year), not sure if any of my old friends are still posting - here's hoping.
Been snowed under with my degree work, funny how time seems to disappear when your busy with things. Always mean to visit, but it hasn't quite worked out that way. On top of all that father has been unwell and my concerns have been with him.
Hopefully I can catch up with those of you I know, and those new members who I haven't met yey.

Hope everyone is well

Andrew H.

airshifter
16th November 2016, 11:34
The forums in general have slowed way, way down from the days we couldn't keep track of who was here. I think all the other social media combined with life in general just burns people out and they limit online forum time. Like yourself I go in waves where I just don't find the time and have other life priorities.

Maybe we should start a "Whatever happened to?" thread and test the forum members on how far they remember back. Every now and then one of the longer term people shows up.

Glad to hear all is well.

Storm
16th November 2016, 15:14
Good to hear from you..yes it's slow here, I rarely visit even the F1 section thesedays but do keep an eye here....I haven't even watched all the races with the timezones now screwed up for me plus the dull Merc domination.

steveaki13
2nd December 2016, 22:15
The forums in general have slowed way, way down from the days we couldn't keep track of who was here. I think all the other social media combined with life in general just burns people out and they limit online forum time. Like yourself I go in waves where I just don't find the time and have other life priorities.

Maybe we should start a "Whatever happened to?" thread and test the forum members on how far they remember back. Every now and then one of the longer term people shows up.

Glad to hear all is well.

I started one of those a couple of years ago.

I will see if I can find it.

Starter
3rd December 2016, 01:06
I started one of those a couple of years ago.

I will see if I can find it.
It was nice to have fun discussions with people of opposing viewpoints, but seems they have all gone away.

Jag_Warrior
5th December 2016, 05:35
It was nice to have fun discussions with people of opposing viewpoints, but seems they have all gone away.

It was. Back when we were all young. Back when the grass was greener and the trees were taller. :D

As much as I used to clash with AnthonyVop, when I asked a question a few weeks back about where to stay in Daytona on another board, he offered me some help. And I appreciated that.

On the old 7th Gear board and here, I had some run-ins (and some good times) with a fellow named Hoop98. He was a passionate and knowledgeable racer and race fan. We just had a clash of egos from time to time. I don't know what happened to him. But I wish him well, if he's still around.

I get somewhat nostalgic and down when I think about how many of the people that used to post here and other places are no longer among the living... or just don't post anymore. So I'd like to wish peace and good times to all. Like someone once told me, make your peace while you have the chance... it's later than you think.

Starter
5th December 2016, 13:38
On the old 7th Gear board and here, I had some run-ins (and some good times) with a fellow named Hoop98. He was a passionate and knowledgeable racer and race fan. We just had a clash of egos from time to time. I don't know what happened to him. But I wish him well, if he's still around.

I get somewhat nostalgic and down when I think about how many of the people that used to post here and other places are no longer among the living... or just don't post anymore. So I'd like to wish peace and good times to all. Like someone once told me, make your peace while you have the chance... it's later than you think.
If I remember correctly. Hoop98 was at the OWR board when it first got started. I haven't been there in a long while now so don't know if he's still active or not.

harsha
12th December 2016, 16:27
I lurk now and then , but don't seem to find F1 interesting enough to post.

Guess you can say that I'm an ex-formula 1 fan.

Storm
13th December 2016, 15:44
hey harsha!

maybe next year will be better, it happened to me this year too...

donKey jote
13th December 2016, 16:24
I used to be really into racing on farmland but now I just blow smoke out the window....

I guess I'm an ex-tractor fan :dozey: :arrows: :andrea:

steveaki13
16th December 2016, 13:40
Er mods?

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

Rudy Tamasz
2nd January 2017, 12:50
I liked the burnout point. Life is so fast these days people barely have time to attend to their regular business, without spending too much time sitting on forums. I took a new job a year ago. At the old job I had all the comfort one might need in the office but it was time to move on. At my new job the pace is very erratic and even important actions fall through the cracks. Still I enjoy posting here from time to time. The Trump discussion was a good one, although it was a pale shadow of our previous cock fights. I hope those who posted here will hang on for a while so this forum is worth visiting from time to time.