PDA

View Full Version : Pure coincidence

acorn
27th April 2007, 14:04
we picked up our new car on wednesday. it would have been tuesday but our salesman was on a seminar. when we asked him how it went he told us that it was held AT A RACETRACK NEAR CORBY. "Rockingham perhaps" i suggested. "that's it" was the reply.

the lucky s.o.b. got to play with all the makes models on the circuit and the off road course and got to use the new wetgrip area (including the kicker). he was impressed to say the least.

hicksy
27th April 2007, 15:08
I hope you convinced him to come back for some racing.

I was reading an article about a fleet show that was held recently at the Rock. Probably the same thing. They interviewed some of the fleet managers that attended and there were a couple of comments about the location. One lady complained that it was "in the middle of nowhere" having had to take a tube, train, bus and taxi to get there. I am guessing that if you are not driving it can be hard to get to, but on the whole it seems like most people liked the facility.

turn 4 mad
27th April 2007, 16:50
I hope you convinced him to come back for some racing.

I was reading an article about a fleet show that was held recently at the Rock. Probably the same thing. They interviewed some of the fleet managers that attended and there were a couple of comments about the location. One lady complained that it was "in the middle of nowhere" having had to take a tube, train, bus and taxi to get there. I am guessing that if you are not driving it can be hard to get to, but on the whole it seems like most people liked the facility.

Seems daft to me going to a fleet show and not driving!