PDA

View Full Version : Monaco - Donkey of the race nominations

Mintexmemory
30th May 2016, 10:55
Well I think if you have the best engine / chassis combo but where the aeros prevent optimum tyre temp being readily achieved then it becomes critical that le pilot bloody DRIVES (and hard)
One Merc driver did (and won)
One didn't and revealed his achilles heel. I give you Nico Rosberg (hee-haw)
(Tape up errors my a**e!)

Koz
30th May 2016, 13:28
So many.

Red Bull?
Nasr - but then again, he is paying for his ride.
Kimi - wake the hell up gramps!
Max - hero to zero to the max!
Rosberg - so slow you have to left Hamilton though?

Princess of Monaco - that terrible dress.

Rollo
30th May 2016, 13:39
Justin Bieber.

If that's the best celebrity that the city of Monaco can throw up, then it's in trouble.

Warriwa
30th May 2016, 13:55
RED BULL !!!
I am gobsmacked about this mistake. How does it happen? I am yet to read an explanation from the team.

Warriwa
30th May 2016, 14:02
Rosberg.
Not because of his pace, because he moved over.
Seriously, does he want to be the f...ing World Champion or not?

Mia 01
30th May 2016, 16:05
The Red bull pit crew (could be the whole team).

Mintexmemory
30th May 2016, 16:31
Rosberg.
Not because of his pace, because he moved over.
Seriously, does he want to be the f...ing World Champion or not?

Not a question of what he wants! He was brought up 'entitled' but that only gets you so far.

N. Jones
30th May 2016, 17:09
Red Bull pit wall all day.

The Black Knight
30th May 2016, 17:11
Red Bull
Raikkonen
Rosberg for being so unbelievably slow

dj_bytedisaster
30th May 2016, 17:38
Not a question of what he wants! He was brought up 'entitled' but that only gets you so far.

Seriously? Did Rosberg steal your girlfriend or anything? All your posts today were bitter rants about Rosberg. What is it with people who are fans of a driver hating anyone who could possibly beat that driver?

As for my nominations: As I wrote in the Monaco Race thread - pretty much all of them

-RB for ballsing up that pitstop
-Rosberg for rolling over like a puppy
-Merc for ballsing up Rosberg's car
-Stewards for missing a blatant off-track excursion
-Whiting for leaving the SC out so long
-Verstappen and Kvyat for being utterly hopeless
-Vettel for being completely lacklustre all weekend
-Kimi for being hopeless too
-McLaren for their bold prediction of getting anywhere near the podium and then being utterly slow.

janneppi
30th May 2016, 18:48
To be fair, Kimi should be nominated for the hero of the race. When he found out that a Justin Bieberlake is hanging around the podium, he did the only sensible thing and crashed into the wall to avoid even looking at it. He was such a good sport he tried to help his old team mate too.

gm99
30th May 2016, 19:33
I don't get this - Nasr gets mentioned for not obeying team orders and not letting his team-mate through. Rosberg gets nominated for letting his team-mate through, while he was getting the blame in Spain for not letting Hamilton through? Can people please make up their minds?

Mintexmemory
30th May 2016, 20:29
Seriously? Did Rosberg steal your girlfriend or anything? All your posts today were bitter rants about Rosberg.

You really need to look up the meaning of 'rant'. 3 sentences in a post regarding Rosberg is not a rant. 'Bitter' is your interpretation, I'm just offering an alternative narrative to your obvious 'Nico, I want your babies' schtick.
I liked your justification regarding the team orders debate - 3 occasions you quoted where German team favoured 'German' driver and despite Hamilton's insubordination Rosberg did not suffer points loss in any event. Some balance is required perhaps?

dj_bytedisaster
30th May 2016, 21:49
I liked your justification regarding the team orders debate - 3 occasions you quoted where German team favoured 'German' driver and despite Hamilton's insubordination Rosberg did not suffer points loss in any event. Some balance is required perhaps?

Ah so that is it. You love the Germans as long as they give your British driver some titles, but apart from that you hate them quite obviously. Figures. Except that Mercedes is about as German as Rosberg. It's headed by two Austrians and based in Britain. And as far as I remember, none of the three occasions was favouring fRosberg. Hungary '14 and Spain '15 were cases of team internal agreements that were not meant to favor any driver, they are just that, part of Mercedes' way too many team-internal rules of engagement, The third one (refusing to come in to change tyres) was just Lewis being petulant, a predicament that pretty much every F1 driver seems to be prone to.

Also, the 'not suffering point loss' part of your statement is blatantly wrong. Hungary '14 is a prime example where Lewis's refusal to honour a team-internal agreement refused Rosberg a chance to make up some of the positions he lost through the safety car lottery. And that is just one example of him doing that.

As for me having a Rosberg fetish. I think you should be able to read posts that are written in English. I'm not a native speaker, but I was told I'm quite able to get my point across and my main gripe is that Nico made himself to to look like an idiot. In fact I lost quite a bit of respect for him. He beat Lewis in qualifying, he is the championship leader and being told to let his biggest rival pass, he just does it without as much as a protest. You could understand that when he obeyed the team order in Malaysia 2014. Back then he couldn't know that the other side of the garage doesn't play by the same rules. This time, however, he knew that and he still did it, while being in the lead of the bloody championship. That's just silly.

Tazio
30th May 2016, 22:21
My donkeys are Max for his reckless drivnig, and the RB pit crew for Danny's tire debacle!

steveaki13
30th May 2016, 22:53
Max made a silly error, but actually made some daring passes before that. Was very exciting seeing him carving through the back markers

dj_bytedisaster
30th May 2016, 22:56
My donkeys are Max for his reckless drivnig, and the RB pit crew for Danny's tire debacle!

I think Max was trying too hard to make up for the horse-power deficit he had in comparison to Ricciardo. As early as FP1 the Dutch media were all over his arse for the fact that he was slower than Ricciardo, completely ignoring the fact that RIC had the new engine and Max had not, which means there was a 30hp power deficit on Max's car. Doesn't absolve him of blame though. He simply overdid it and three crashes are too much for someone who is hailed as a future champion.

Max made a silly error, but actually made some daring passes before that. Was very exciting seeing him carving through the back markers

He made a silly error three times. He only had to carve through backmarkers because he binned it in Q1, after already crashing in FP3 as well.

Koz
31st May 2016, 00:30
I don't get this - Nasr gets mentioned for not obeying team orders and not letting his team-mate through. Rosberg gets nominated for letting his team-mate through, while he was getting the blame in Spain for not letting Hamilton through? Can people please make up their minds?

One is two random guys at the back of the field, the other is two guys who are fighting for the championship....

Starter
31st May 2016, 01:52
The RB pit crew hands down. Driver errors can be forgiven since they are the ones at speed and need to make split second decisions - yes, I know that's what they are paid for. The tire debacle though is in a whole different category. I can't remember the last time I saw that big a f***up.

anfield5
31st May 2016, 05:02
Red Bull for the second race in a row ballsing Ricciardo race win up for him. The excuse of the tyres were stuck at the back of the garage is laughable - bloody amateurs!
Nasr and Ericsson - what the hell!?
can't include rosberg, I would guess there was something not right with the car - he has proven he can win at Monaco and can win on bad surfaces, so something wasn't right with him.
Charlie Whiting for making us watch 7 laps behind the safety car. Fair enough to start behind it if the conditions were that bad, but 10% of the race? - shame on you!

anfield5
31st May 2016, 05:04
As for people having a go at Rosberg for letting Hamilton through - come on! He knew his car was off, and F1 IS a team sport. I can imagine the same people criticizing him if he had not have let Hamilton through!

Nitrodaze
31st May 2016, 23:33
As for people having a go at Rosberg for letting Hamilton through - come on! He knew his car was off, and F1 IS a team sport. I can imagine the same people criticizing him if he had not have let Hamilton through!
I think we were set for another Mercedes wipe out if Rosberg kept blocking Hamilton while Ricciado got away. The smart play was to ask Rosberg to let Hamilton through. And it paid off in the end didn't it?

Warriwa
31st May 2016, 23:35
It paid off for everyone except Rosberg.

Mintexmemory
1st June 2016, 00:31
It paid off for everyone except Rosberg.

Oh I think it paid off for him too - he is negotiating for a new Merc contract at this time!

keysersoze
1st June 2016, 02:04
Rosberg letting Hamilton go was a deft move, politically, especially given what happened at the last race. He was told to, and it made sense for the team's ability to get the win. In Spain, that wasn't the situation, as Nico was the leader.

Rosberg is also in a contract year. In his 10+ years in F1, he has 18 wins and 24 poles, all with Mercedes, and almost all in the last 4 seasons. He ain't about to walk away from that.

Giving him a donkey for having a lousy race car is short-sighted.

zako85
1st June 2016, 03:17
So many donkeys, I don't know where to start. We can say that Hamilton, Ricciardo, and the Force India crew were not donkeys. Everyone else is a candidate, including the organizations like tire supply or race control.

dj_bytedisaster
1st June 2016, 05:32
So many donkeys, I don't know where to start. We can say that Hamilton, Ricciardo, and the Force India crew were not donkeys. Everyone else is a candidate, including the organizations like tire supply or race control.

The Force India crew definitely deserve a donkey, because the only reason for checo coming third is, that they shafted Hulk almost as bad as RB screwed RIC. He was called in way too early when the full wets were still going well and then they released him bang smack into the Massa train. That podium was Hulk's but the team stole it. Fernley apologized after the race, but that will be little consolation. Hulk is still waiting for his first podium.

Not to mention that they destroyed the chance for a more than possible 3,4 finish. Such a points haul would have been worth millions in terms of the constructor standings.

N4D13
1st June 2016, 11:31
I already mentioned the Toro Rosso crew for giving Sainz a lousy pitstop when he was leading Pérez. Had he had a normal one, it might have been his first podium ever. It's surprising no one is noticing that.

zako85
1st June 2016, 12:40
The Force India crew definitely deserve a donkey, because the only reason for checo coming third is, that they shafted Hulk almost as bad as RB screwed RIC.

Or perhaps Force India realized that Perez utilized the wets a lot better than the rest of the grid. Most of the drivers couldn't wait to get rid of them, but Hamilton and Perez apparently did quite well on the wets.

dj_bytedisaster
1st June 2016, 12:55
Or perhaps Force India realized that Perez utilized the wets a lot better than the rest of the grid. Most of the drivers couldn't wait to get rid of them, but Hamilton and Perez apparently did quite well on the wets.

Not really, Fernley told the press himself that they called Hulk in at least six laps too early. He was comfortably running third at the time.

jens
1st June 2016, 12:57
When I was watching the race, I got the impression both Vettel and Hülkenberg were called in to get an undercut on the crawling Rosberg. But the problem was they forgot about Massa, who was even slower than Rosberg...

dj_bytedisaster
1st June 2016, 13:08
When I was watching the race, I got the impression both Vettel and Hülkenberg were called in to get an undercut on the crawling Rosberg. But the problem was they forgot about Massa, who was even slower than Rosberg...

Except that an undercut doesn't work in Monaco, at least not in lap 15, especially when eleven of those were under virtual or actual safety car condition. You don't even have to think twice to know that you're going end up behind slower traffic.

driveace
1st June 2016, 16:48
Well the Hulk got to 6th passing Rosberg on last lap

The Black Knight
2nd June 2016, 08:52

I'm sure it's a conspiracy. Vettel has suddenly fallen out of favor with Ferrari because they can't stand his incessant moaning over the radio. Even with Kimi already out of the race, they no longer want him to win as Kimi is the lead Ferrari driver in the championship. With this in mind, after spending millions on developing their car, they intentionally ballsed up Vettel's pitstop to ensure he wouldn't overtake Raikkonen in the championship standings thus sacrificing the team ahead of the drivers. This will be a recurrent pattern for the remainder of the year. It's the only possible explanation.

dj_bytedisaster
2nd June 2016, 11:46
I'm sure it's a conspiracy. Vettel has suddenly fallen out of favor with Ferrari because they can't stand his incessant moaning over the radio. Even with Kimi already out of the race, they no longer want him to win as Kimi is the lead Ferrari driver in the championship. With this in mind, after spending millions on developing their car, they intentionally ballsed up Vettel's pitstop to ensure he wouldn't overtake Raikkonen in the championship standings thus sacrificing the team ahead of the drivers. This will be a recurrent pattern for the remainder of the year. It's the only possible explanation.

That must be it. Well thought through, sir.

driveace
2nd June 2016, 16:22
Don't think they would sign up a driver of Vettels calibre then f ook him about to stop him beating Kimi .In my opinion Kimi is in his last year at Ferrari ,he may do some more rallies or just laze with a choc ice .But his accident in Monaco was of an Novice driver ,and then continuing through the tunnel with the front spoiler under the car was reckless Vettels radio conversations are quite funny too "What's he doing,he just crashed into me, are we motor racing or what"?

Back-N-Black
2nd June 2016, 17:33
Hamilton - For being seen in public with Justin Bieber, these F1 guys are a different sort for sure.

henners88
3rd June 2016, 07:38
Justin Bieber.

If that's the best celebrity that the city of Monaco can throw up, then it's in trouble.
Well he's got 82m on Twitter, he's the most watched musical pop person on YouTube and he attracts publicity and hysterical fans wherever he goes. I can see why he was invited to a sport that is struggling with a global dwindling fan base.

As much as I'd like to punch him in the face and am sick of hearing my daughter play him lol.

driveace
3rd June 2016, 19:42
Is that a bit more embarrassing than being seen with Nicole Shertzinger,even though she was a few years older than Lewis ,I would much rather be seen out with her than Bieber

dj_bytedisaster
4th June 2016, 05:23
Is that a bit more embarrassing than being seen with Nicole Shertzinger,even though she was a few years older than Lewis ,I would much rather be seen out with her than Bieber

What really made me cringe was when he fed champagne to that... thing. In a race where his win was as much down to his teams as it was to his bloody good driving, I'd have expected him to give the bottle to his crew, like most other drivers do. And what was that mutant doing in the podium area anyway?

Jag_Warrior
4th June 2016, 07:40
Bieber? Who is this Bieber person you guys keep talking about??? I just thought it was cool that Lewis invited his new girlfriend, Miley Cyrus (http://illuminatiwatcher.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Justin-Bieber-Miley-Cyrus.jpg), to drink from his champagne bottle. That was a heart warming moment... it really was. Just a boy and a girl, sharing a moment together. :love: Ahhhhhh...

Oh, and there's no way that anyone other than the Red Bull team (or "the ducks", as Ricciardo called them) could win the Donkey prize. Happy for Hamilton getting the win (as he experienced the same thing last year). But I like Daniel too. And that HAD to hurt.

Mintexmemory
4th June 2016, 11:15
Don't think they would sign up a driver of Vettels calibre then f ook him about to stop him beating Kimi .In my opinion Kimi is in his last year at Ferrari ,he may do some more rallies or just laze with a choc ice .But his accident in Monaco was of an Novice driver ,and then continuing through the tunnel with the front spoiler under the car was reckless Vettels radio conversations are quite funny too "What's he doing,he just crashed into me, are we motor racing or what"?

Don't think everyone got BK's heavy irony!! As for the loquacious Finn, I hope to hell he stays away from WRC - he brought nothing to the table last time and while in F1 his disdain for the system that pays his living is lapped up by the fanboys / girls, in WRC it just comes across as plain borish

Mia 01
4th June 2016, 11:42
Sorry, it was me, the donkey I mean.