PDA

View Full Version : 100th Indy 500

gm99
29th May 2016, 18:07
I can't believe there's no thread for this race.
RHR looking good in the first quarter of the race. Pagenaud made his way up front as well.

gm99
29th May 2016, 18:23
Wow, Montoya was lucky not to get hit by another car there!

Starter
29th May 2016, 20:18
I'd love to see Newgarden or Munoz take it, but it's looking like fuel will have a lot to do with the winner.

janvanvurpa
29th May 2016, 20:58
They still do this? Really?.. Did they ever do anything to make it interesting? Any sideways action? Jumps? Is Ken Block entered?

Starter
29th May 2016, 21:18
Really nice to see Rossi win. He's definitely paid his dues in the lower formula. Hopefully this will get him a good ride next year.

Nem14
30th May 2016, 04:40
How many teams have won the 500 by stopping 4 or 5 laps from the end to get a splash of fuel?

dj_bytedisaster
30th May 2016, 05:53
you know a forum is dead if the Indy 500 thread has 6 posts...

Starter
30th May 2016, 15:08
you know a forum is dead if the Indy 500 thread has 6 posts...
And one of those bt a troll. :rolleyes:
(Not meaning you dj.)

Zeakiwi
31st May 2016, 00:56
They still do this? Really?.. Did they ever do anything to make it interesting? Any sideways action? Jumps? Is Ken Block entered?

They sometimes crash into the wall to make it interesting.
https://youtu.be/DI9ROePgjjU
200 mph sideways on gravel ... maybe Block can try that.....

Stan Reid
31st May 2016, 14:33
Tony George pretty much ruined it with the Junk Formula Part II.

Nem14
31st May 2016, 23:56
I wonder how much of the winner's purse and Rookie of the Year winnings Rossi's contract lets him keep.
He sure doesn't get to keep it all.
Andretti and Herta will be splitting the lions share.

TG had a Vision. A seriously flawed vision.

What's TG up to theses days to make a buck?

Stan Reid
1st June 2016, 01:29
40% is the traditional driver take.

I think TG is probably off running Clabber Girl.

zako85
1st June 2016, 12:43
I don't like the idea of counting other people's money, but it certainly seems fair that the rest of the team, the engineers, the mechanics, and the management (for taking a risk) should get a fair share of the winnings because of their contribution to the win.

zako85
1st June 2016, 12:47
The Andretti team must be in a real shock right now. If you followed the race before the Bell and Hunter-Reay accident in the pits, then it should be clear that Andretti was controlling the race. Bell, Hunter-Reay, and Hinch were running in the top five, swapping positions between themselves for the lead, and basically "coasting" for the win. It seems like Andretti got a near perfect car setup, or perhaps the Honda engine had a distinct advantage in this 500-mile race. By the lap 50 I thought Andretti had the race win in its pocket, one of those guys had to win, but then... I couldn't believe it. About as ridiculous as JR's mistake in 2011.

mr_swiss
1st June 2016, 18:36
The Andretti team must be in a real shock right now. If you followed the race before the Bell and Hunter-Reay accident in the pits, then it should be clear that Andretti was controlling the race. Bell, Hunter-Reay, and Hinch were running in the top five, swapping positions between themselves for the lead, and basically "coasting" for the win. It seems like Andretti got a near perfect car setup, or perhaps the Honda engine had a distinct advantage in this 500-mile race. By the lap 50 I thought Andretti had the race win in its pocket, one of those guys had to win, but then... I couldn't believe it. About as ridiculous as JR's mistake in 2011.

Andretti still finished one and two.
Hinch is now driving for Schmidt Peterson Motorsports