PDA

View Full Version : Unknown part of the forum

steveaki13
24th April 2016, 18:43
I was looking around the dark area's of the whole forums :p and thought I have never ventured into the rally section.

I looked in there and it is so busy. Makes you sad to see the rest of the forum so quiet.

So does anyone of the regulars around here venture in there much? I would but I know nothing about rallying really

gadjo_dilo
24th April 2016, 21:16
I looked in there and it is so busy. Makes you sad to see the rest of the forum so quiet.

The rest of the forum is quiet because the regulars are too busy in other areas.:p
You included. :devil:

Tazio
25th April 2016, 00:59
Steve, F1 is just a sub-forum to:

WRC World Rally Championship - Motorsport Forum

So does anyone of the regulars around here venture in there much? I would but I know nothing about rallying really

I'll venture into NASCAR or Indycar, but no way man, those dudes in Rally are whack! :eek:

steveaki13
25th April 2016, 06:25
Maybe the true question is......

do any of those rally guys ever leave there and venture around here? :eek:

Rollo
25th April 2016, 12:02
but no way man, those dudes in Rally are whack! :eek:

Whiggedy? Or just regular whack?

Tazio
25th April 2016, 15:26
Whiggedy-whack! ;)

janvanvurpa
27th April 2016, 13:50
Maybe the true question is......

do any of those rally guys ever leave there and venture around here? :eek:

Maybe some do, but I have never had the slightest interest in ANY motorsport done on seal surface (asphalt or concrete)...zero..
What is there of interest? Buy a lot of sticky tires and a big or fast engine----then "control the line (block) "....
They way the cars in every car motorsport are shot with extreme telephoto combined with the grip they have and the super-easy circuit designs..it is PAINFUL to watch even the best in the world.

Besides, after the wonderful documentry that said it all, the GREAT Talladega Nights....what is there left to say?
That movie reveals the truth about the whole circuit scene every where. Perfect...

(Only been around motorsport on loose surfaces for just 49 years, active for more than 30. so wot da fuq do I know?)

J4MIE
27th April 2016, 20:03
Some of us do!

Circuits do bore me I've realised. I was at Spa for the F1 in 2013 and think I lasted three laps, then the next thing I knew my dad woke me up telling me it'd finished. Meh. Not really watched it too much on tv either since.

Now, rallying, you say......... :bounce:

steveaki13
27th April 2016, 22:56
Ah nice to see you guys.

Its great to see so many on the Rally boards. I wish the rest of the forum was like that. I never find time to watch the rallying in depth. I used to follow it a bit on Channel 4 was it? Years ago.

Storm
28th April 2016, 03:32
Rally forums have always been very active as far as I remember....F1 used to be really busy but most of us old-timers either got busy/lost interest/left the forums etc etc....Rally keeps going on.
Indy/Cart used to be quite busy 10+ years ago too..haven't even visited that for a decade now I think.