PDA

View Full Version : Sticking to the topic!!

raphael123
26th April 2007, 15:42
Am I alone in finding it really annoying, that as a discussion digresses from the original point, and your in a full flown discussion, that the moderators (not their fault - they are only doing their jobs I know :) ) delete a post you spent typing up, just because one of the rules is to make sure you stick to the original topic.

For example, when discussion Kimi and Massa, and the conversation turns to how Montoya struggled to settle in at McLaren when he first joined, similar to how Kimi is now alongside Massa, I don't see why we need to create a brand new topic - can't it just be left in the same topic?

If there are a lot of people who are a bit fed up with being restricted in what you can talk about in certain topics, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to ask the moderators to ease up on how strict they are when it comes to discussions (naturally I think) deviating from the original topic.

However if I'm the only one who finds this annoying, let's just leave it as it is :)

Erki
27th April 2007, 09:41
Hey, leave me out of this, it's a pretty sticky topic this one. :eek:

raphael123
27th April 2007, 11:04
Huh? Why? Surely you have an opinion?

Another thing I said in another topic, was that there are so many forums here, that most of the topics posted will never be sighted by most members unfortunately.

Just having a simple F1, and Non-F1 would mean topics such as these would get viewed. The arguement that your not interested in e.g. Champcar, so you have a seperate forum for it is simple, just don't click on that topic if it's about Champcar.

I say this because a topic like this I would be interested to see what people think of it, however I know most people won't come across this topic, and if I post it in the 'Chit Chat' it will just be moved :(

Erki
27th April 2007, 11:11
Hey I just wanted to make a pun. ;) :(

It happens sometimes that a thread veers off its destination, but well, I don't know, it's sometimes hard to hold a long thred in its rails. :)

About the F1-nonF1 forum, I already said that I definitely don't support that idea. I personally read nearly all the subforums here, except maybe Champ Car, IRL, A1 and Karting. If soeone is interested in something then s/he obviously check them up, putting them all in one big forum just creates a mess IMO. :)

Valve Bounce
29th April 2007, 09:00
I like the forum as it is. And I sure as heck like the way the F1 forum is moderated. That's why I am here and in no other motor racing forum these days.

RaceFanStan
9th May 2007, 04:47
What was the topic again ??????? :rotflmao:

BDunnell
9th May 2007, 14:16
I've just bought some nice shoes.