PDA

View Full Version : Airline highjacking

Starter
30th March 2016, 01:35
I saw a news report tonight about the aircraft which was bound from Egypt to Cyprus. Best description ever. An Egyptian official said the highjacker wasn't a terrorist, he was an idiot. Actually I think they all are, some just call them terrorists.

Storm
30th March 2016, 15:33
Just read a woman got onboard a Delta flight in Nashville without showing ID at security check...what the hell?

J4MIE
30th March 2016, 18:25
I remember reading something a few years ago about people who test out security to see what they can get away with. One I remember was that it's only when a flight is booked that it's checked against the "no-fly" list. So he booked a flight, then afterwards changed his name to Osama Bin Laden.

Got on the plane no problem.

(Was a few years ago, obviously)

Starter
31st March 2016, 03:31
i don't care what his name is or was. Only what he brings on the plane with him. Unless it's good scotch of course.

airshifter
1st April 2016, 11:38
The nut cases of the world are coming out of the closet more and more it seems. It's bad enough that we have to be aware of the real terrorism and people willing to blow themselves up, but then you have the people just having a really bad day and decide to do something this stupid.

But true idiots are hard to categorize beyond that sometimes.

MrJan
5th April 2016, 09:27
i don't care what his name is or was. Only what he brings on the plane with him. Unless it's good scotch of course.

The one in the OP was just some nutter that wanted to visit his ex-wife, the belt he was wearing was a fake. It gained more column inches over here from the daft Scottish guy who had his photo taken with him

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/mar/30/briton-ben-innes-posed-selfie-egyptair-hijacker-praised-by-relatives

It's an interesting photo, not just because the hi-jacker allowed it to be taken but also because of the facial expressions. The Scotch (;)) has a sort of manic grin and the hi-jacker just looks relaxed and a little bit sad. Compared to the headline of "man hi-jacks plane" it paints a much calmer picture.