PDA

View Full Version : CMR 2 Proposal

Ramore
25th April 2007, 20:30
Hi,

Now its one month in which there are no WRC events, so I was thinking may be we can organize also CMR2 ERC or ICR champioships, because I think more rallies mean more fun. I think that the only drawback is that we have to use the same cars as for WRC, which will not be very realistic.

What do you think about that?

tannat
25th April 2007, 21:32
Hi,

Now its one month in which there are no WRC events, so I was thinking may be we can organize also CMR2 ERC or ICR champioships, because I think more rallies mean more fun. I think that the only drawback is that we have to use the same cars as for WRC, which will not be very realistic.

What do you think about that?

In the past this has had mild to moderate success, Ramore (I hosted an APRC 2 season's ago, and dravas76 hosted a US Rally Series last year).

No reason why you can't do it, just have reasonable expectations.

Aside from the CMR2 WRC I doubt I'll do any other rallying. Schedule is full with TRD3 events...

Cheers,
Tannat

Exhausted
26th April 2007, 09:59
Go for it! I'd be glad to enter!

Ramore
26th April 2007, 12:03
ОК. I will think about it seriously and Iwill share with you my idea tomorrow.

jso1985
28th April 2007, 19:17
world championship rallying is back in a week!
but your idea could work during the June-August break

tannat
1st May 2007, 03:35
world championship rallying is back in a week!
but your idea could work during the June-August break

Ummm.. believe it is this weekend (May 3-6), oh diligent organizer :p :

Ramore
2nd May 2007, 01:42
Hi, I am really busy this week at the uni, but I was thinking may be the format of this championship can be a bit different from the WRC. May be it could be run in just one day. Next rally for the European Championship is Fiat Rally in Turkey 10-13 May. So if somebody wants we can make a test run. The event is all tarmac, so may be France in CMR2 in expert mode. What do you think about that?

Exhausted
2nd May 2007, 15:32
So if somebody wants we can make a test run. The event is all tarmac, so may be France in CMR2 in expert mode. What do you think about that?

Go go go! :D

Ramore
2nd May 2007, 16:58
OK, Then we will make a test run to see how many people are up for that chalenge. Then next event will be Fiat Rally run on France in just one day in expert level. I will check the ERC regulation later this week and tell you if there is something unusual.

Jso1985, can we use your time template for WRC champ.

jso1985
4th May 2007, 22:39
of course you can use it :up: I'll try to compete in this one

Rat
6th May 2007, 08:37
why not mirror it and use dirt tyres instead of tarmac tyres?

Ramore
6th May 2007, 14:50
why not mirror it and use dirt tyres instead of tarmac tyres?

Yep, That's a good idea, because it is not really a tarmac event, although they say it is.

Exhausted
6th May 2007, 19:59
it is not really a tarmac event, although they say it is.

Why is that?

Ramore
7th May 2007, 11:35
The tarmac is in really bad condition and these is a lot of gravel on the stages. They even say that some of the stages are really hard gravel rather than tarmac. That's what I heard. Correct me if I am wrong.

Rat
7th May 2007, 13:06
it looks a fatality happened today during the Rally.
Aussie Chris Atkinson is out also, bummer.

Exhausted
7th May 2007, 14:39
The tarmac is in really bad condition and these is a lot of gravel on the stages.¨

Thanks for the answer!

Then the dirt tyres sound like a good choice to add to the realism!

Ramore
7th May 2007, 17:43
Oops, look what I found on the Fiat rally webside:
After twelve years, Fiat Rally, one of the most demanding rounds of the European Rally Championship, is returning back to GRAVEL stages of Istanbul. This year’s rally will also be the first European round of the brand new series, called Intercontinental Rally Challenge.

Sorry, my mistake, but I have pictures from last year's rally and it was on tarmac. I didn't know they have changed it.

So now, it's look like we have to change the rally. I am proposing Greece. What do you think about that?

Exhausted
7th May 2007, 19:22
I am proposing Greece. What do you think about that?

Not good, the next 2 rounds of the CMR WC are held in Greece :D

Rat
8th May 2007, 13:53
keep it France and go dirt tyres! Slippery fun for all.

Exhausted
8th May 2007, 14:38
keep it France and go dirt tyres! Slippery fun for all.

Hear hear!

Ramore
14th May 2007, 11:23
Sorry guys, Didn't work out as I plan it. I though it will be easier to organize an event, but there was no point driving france since the rally is on gravel. My mistake, sorry.