PDA

View Full Version : Jacque, will he ride full season?

leopard
24th April 2007, 05:34
This has been an open secret that for few season backwards OJ has been playing important role in the Kawasaki, contributed behind the scenes to many main decision of the team.

Nakano decision to leave Kawasaki could be something unpredicted considering he rode for this team from their first debut entering motogp. Thus, there wasn't enough time to settle framework who will replace Nakano's seat thereafter.

It might because no other better option OJ finally appointed to get back at the track, or else he still has what it takes and worthed enough to ride himself in the eyes of Kawasaki.

I see Kawasaki has potency, Nakano can't perform any better on the Honda than when he was on the Kawasaki. de Puniet finished 8 (?) in Turkiye and challenging midfield almost at the same pace race to race.

Jacque takes all the blame of accident of Istanbul that many riders involved in it, because he said there isn't enough vision as at that time at that chicane many bikes in front of him.

I wonder will he take the race full season? One of his amazing result I could remember was GP Sanghai, a wet race two or three years ago.

NinjaMaster
24th April 2007, 12:30
I've got no doubt that (barring injury) OJ will remain a Kawasaki racer til seasons end and he will get more competitive but never pointy end fast. Hopefully he can help develop the Kwak into a competitive machine ready for Kawasaki's assault on the 2008 championship with their new superteam of Nicky Hayden and Jorge Lorenzo! Hey, I can dream can't I? :)

And you are right about Shinya, Leopard. It just goes to show that the Kawi was/is a pretty good machine and that Shinya ain't much chop on Michelins.

Ranger
24th April 2007, 14:03
Yes, he rode dumb, but has admitted that it was his fault.

Like in all non-impoverished teams in professional motorsports, unless he makes a season out of doing passes like that, he will ride the full season.

ChrisS
24th April 2007, 15:45
OJ will stay until the end of the season, the possibility of a wet race where he could even make it on the podium is reason enough for Kawasaki to keep him

leopard
25th April 2007, 04:44
OJ will stay until the end of the season, the possibility of a wet race where he could even make it on the podium is reason enough for Kawasaki to keep him
Kawasaki may need hire a strong 'medium' trying to make as much wet races as possible. :D

Thought previously he is a rider at interim while selecting the appropriate rider in place of Shinya Nakano.
But if it is a final decision to ride himself full season this year, like Ninja said, hoping him to help more developing the more competitive bike for 2008 cleverer racing program.

jonny hurlock
25th April 2007, 20:21
I've got no doubt that (barring injury) OJ will remain a Kawasaki racer til seasons end and he will get more competitive but never pointy end fast. Hopefully he can help develop the Kwak into a competitive machine ready for Kawasaki's assault on the 2008 championship with their new superteam of Nicky Hayden and Jorge Lorenzo! Hey, I can dream can't I? :)

that would be a dream line up

but, I got a possable idea that could be going to kawasaki next season is one Max Biaggi and Randy De Puniet so Oliver Jauque could be going the other way back to World Superbikes.

leopard
27th April 2007, 10:00
I won't be a dreamer, it is not healthy ...

I can't see possibility Biaggi going to Kawasaki, Suzuki might be the end of his career.