Twiter: https://www.facebook.com/azoresrallye
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEUabxyQB4er3osm-nd9ULw

Reis Eduardo
15th April 2016, 12:03
The program and regulations are already in hand
http://www.azoresrallye.com/documentation-for-competitors/

Mirek
11th May 2016, 08:27
Team of Jaromír Tarabus decided not to come. They had to change plans because with only one car it would be logistically very difficult for them to do both Acores and Ypres.

Jarek Z
11th May 2016, 22:33
But Kasperczyk (Ford Fiesta R5), Pieniazek (Opel Adam) and Sirmacis (Skoda Fabia R5) should be present on Acores:
https://www.fiaerc.com/simins-erc-rivals-will-take-us-seriously-now/

Jarek Z
13th May 2016, 15:20
Kajto has just confirmed his appearance on Acores.

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13235087_1216642911702308_7003938906171474496_o.jp g

Iraquiano
13th May 2016, 20:38
According to local radio, Lukyanuk confirmed, Bruno Magalhães out. Luis Rego Jr. will start with his brand new Fiesta R5

PLuto
14th May 2016, 21:16
Yes, I can confirm start of both main rivals for ERC title this year - Kajto and Lukyanuk. And also winner from Acropolis Sirmacis will be there. Bruno is out of money :(

skarderud
15th May 2016, 10:44
Steve Røkland in M-sport fiesta R2 at azores. They called him after ireland, his Peugeot is soon rebuild and for rent:)

Jarek Z
15th May 2016, 12:56
Ricardo Teodosio confirmed as well. The car - Ford Fiesta R5 from RMC Motorsport.
http://www.ralisonline.net/pt/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10051:teodosio-confirma-presenca-nos-acores&catid=70:erc&Itemid=129

http://www.ralisonline.net/pt/images/stories/2016/MAIO2016/teodosiacores16.jpg

mousti
15th May 2016, 18:13
Torstein Eriksen also I think? Was testing today

skarderud
15th May 2016, 19:36
Frank Tore Larsen, driver and Torstein Eriksen, co-driver, is also ready for azores, yess:)
Ford fiesta R5 is their car.

Jarek Z
15th May 2016, 21:23
Entry list is going to be published on May 17:
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc-azores-rallye-to-be-presented-online/

RS
15th May 2016, 22:11
Shame Magalhaes can't make his home rally but I get the feeling he is not the driver he used to be anymore.

Jarek Z
15th May 2016, 23:21
Shame Magalhaes can't make his home rally but I get the feeling he is not the driver he used to be anymore.

Yes, I have the same impression. Probably the same applies to Miguel Campos as well. Long breaks are never good.

Francisco Veloso
16th May 2016, 13:08
Yes, I have the same impression. Probably the same applies to Miguel Campos as well. Long breaks are never good.

Magalhães should be fit enough to fight for the podium or even the victory. Local knowlege matters a lot. He has already won the rally in between long breaks. His latest results in the azores are a combination of some unfortunate crashes and the usual mechanical problems in PSA cars.

Rally Power
16th May 2016, 21:26
Probably the same applies to Miguel Campos as well.

Campos has returned to Portuguese national series (CNR) after some years with very little competition and he’s speed has been surprisingly good, wining ss’s and getting podium places. Like others Portuguese top drivers he’ll hardly risk too much on Açores, to avoid losing championship points. Probably, the only national guy that’ll be focused on overall victory is local hero and former CNR champ Ricardo Moura, as he’s without budget to run this year CNR’s full season. Btw, you can count around 12 national R5 crews in Açores.

TheFlyingTuga
16th May 2016, 22:16
Campos has returned to Portuguese national series (CNR) after some years with very little competition and he’s speed has been surprisingly good, wining ss’s and getting podium places. Like others Portuguese top drivers he’ll hardly risk too much on Açores, to avoid losing championship points. Probably, the only national guy that’ll be focused on overall victory is local hero and former CNR champ Ricardo Moura, as he’s without budget to run this year CNR’s full season. Btw, you can count around 12 national R5 crews in Açores.

Didn't Campos told at the end of CB Rally that he was not doing Azores because his sponsors wanted him to race in WRC Portugal? Anyway, Campos was and still is one of the greats in terms of Portugal's rally drivers. The speed still there, but the level of competition it's not so great as well...

Rally Power
16th May 2016, 23:34
Didn't Campos told at the end of CB Rally that he was not doing Azores because his sponsors wanted him to race in WRC Portugal? Anyway, Campos was and still is one of the greats in terms of Portugal's rally drivers. The speed still there, but the level of competition it's not so great as well...

Yep, heard that too but I’m still hopeful he can get a way to do both. Anyway I respect your opinion but I completely disagree with your remark about CNR competitive level (at least on the 4wd field). Last year CNR was decided on the last rally after some highly competitive events, and this year Fontes won at Fafe just 13s ahead of Meireles and Barros won at Castelo Branco only 6s ahead of Fontes. Campos and Moura were also on the fight (at least in Fafe) and honestly I don’t see any reason to doubt that talented guys like Fontes or Moura would be able to fight for ERC title, if they got the will and the budget to do so.

PLuto
16th May 2016, 23:49
I don’t see any reason to doubt that talented guys like Fontes or Moura would be able to fight for ERC title, if they got the will and the budget to do so.

Quite big words. Especially if you are talking about drivers who almost never started abroad. One thing is to be fast on home field, but to be fast abroad is completely different story...

Rally Power
17th May 2016, 00:29
Take a look on Ewrc data about Miguel Campos. 2003 in particular. He ended ERC with the same points that the series winner (Bruno Thiry) but was one victory short. His previous international experience (beside Portuguese WRC and ERC events) was almost zero. http://www.ewrc-results.com/profile.php?p=931&t=Miguel-Campos

Ok, the championship layout was different than today but still closer to current ERC than what it was IRC a few years ago. In IRC days private drivers didn’t get a chance (like the also talented Magalhães experienced), only manus drivers were able to fight for the title. Now it's different.

Btw, according to Ewrc, it seems Kajto also didn’t had considerable international experience before get to ERC.

PLuto
17th May 2016, 01:05
Take a look on Ewrc data about Miguel Campos. 2003 in particular. He ended ERC with the same points that the series winner (Bruno Thiry) but was one victory short. His previous international experience (beside Portuguese WRC and ERC events) was almost zero. http://www.ewrc-results.com/profile.php?p=931&t=Miguel-Campos

Ok, the championship layout was different than today but still closer to current ERC than what it was IRC a few years ago. In IRC days private drivers didn’t get a chance (like the also talented Magalhães experienced), only manus drivers were able to fight for the title. Now it's different.

Btw, according to Ewrc, it seems Kajto also didn’t had considerable international experience before get to ERC.

But you were talking about Moura and Fontes. This drivers are for me different level than was Miguel Campos 13 years ago. Of course I remember his campaign in ERC. It was his first season abroad and on some events he was able to be on same speed like Thiry, on some events he was way out. But it was mainly learning season. Pity that this was his only one international season, I think that he had quite big potential in that time...

Kajto is quite different driver. He is thinking about all things and he is very precise. He was doing all his steps very carefully (and was lucky to find correct sponsors). Mainly he was not afraid to go abroad...

Jarek Z
17th May 2016, 09:18
I don’t see any reason to doubt that talented guys like Fontes or Moura would be able to fight for ERC title, if they got the will and the budget to do so.

Wow! Quite a bold statement. I personally don't see any reason to believe that Fontes would be able to fight for the ERC title. He's been competing in Portuguese ERC events (both Acores and Madeira) for 10 years and the number of wins is still the same - zero. Do you really think he has any potential for the European Champion? If a driver wants to be the champion, he needs to win rallies. Campos was a winning driver, I'm afraid Fontes is not.

In last year's Rallye Acores Fontes wasn't even able to win one single stage and lost 6 minutes to the winner.Check out the results, please :)
http://ewrc-results.com/final.php?e=20141&t=SATA-Rallye-Acores-2015

Rally Power
17th May 2016, 18:16
Wow! Quite a bold statement.

It’s not bold Jarek, believe me. Many national rally series in Europe have been recovering after the economic recession. We can see again competitive champs in UK, Italy, Portugal and some other countries, with a bunch of guys fighting hard for the win in any of them, but that’s not the case currently in ERC, with only one guy clearly favorite.

I’ve mentioned Portuguese series top contenders as an example, but in other national series main competitors surely also have enough ability (more than enough in some cases) to became ERC title fighters in its current situation, if they got the chance and a proper program.

Btw, sometimes Ewrc data aren’t enough to get the whole picture. Fontes is one of those hyper talented guys able to win a gravel rally one weekend and be first on a GT or Prototype race the next one. He won every national circuit racing categories before moving to rally and it’s now at the peak of his rally career. Unfortunately, like so many other great Portuguese rally champs, he often has to choose a more tactical approach in home soil international events, sacrificing overall win chances to assure national championship points or get the “best Portuguese in the event" title, overvalued by sponsors and general press.

Fran2013
17th May 2016, 20:55
Main Entry List (Tabarus maybe out ? Consani ?)

- Fernando Peres (Ford Fiesta R5)
- Luís Miguel Rego (Ford Fiesta R5)
- Ricardo Moura (Ford Fiesta R5)
-Tomasz Kasperczyk (Ford Fiesta R5)
- Frank Tore Larsen (Ford Fiesta R5)
- Kajetan Kajetanowicz (Ford Fiesta R5)
- Alexey Lukyanuk (Ford Fiesta R5)
- Joaquim Alves (Ford Fiesta R5)
- Ricardo Teodósio (Ford Fiesta R5)
- João Barros (Ford Fiesta R5)
- Elias Barros (Ford Fiesta R5)
- Jaroslav Orsak (Ford Fiesta R5)
- Jaroslaw koltun (Ford Fiesta R5)
- Lars Stugemo (Ford Fiesta R5)
- Miguel Barbosa (Skoda Fabia R5)
- Diogo Salvi (Skoda Fabia R5)
- Pedro Meireles (Skoda Fabia R5)
- Manuel Castro (Skoda Fabia S2000)
- Ralfs Sirmacis (Skoda Fabia R5)
- Raul Jeets (Skoda Fabia R5)
- Nikolay Gryazin (Skoda Fabia R5)
- Jaromír TARABUS (Skoda Fabia R5)
- Antonín TLUSťáK (Skoda Fabia R5)
- Abdulaziz Al-Kuwari (Skoda Fabia R5)
- Zé Pedro Fontes (Citroen Ds3 R5)
- Carlos Vieira (Citroen Ds3 R5)
- Carlos Martins (Citroen Ds3 R5)
- Dávid Botka (Citroen Ds3 R5)
- Robert Consani (Citroen Ds3 R5)
- Costenaro (R5)

Andre Oliveira
17th May 2016, 21:24
Orsak with Ford Fiesta R5?

Jarek Z
17th May 2016, 22:39
29 R5 cars? Is it somebody's dream or reality?

Reis Eduardo
17th May 2016, 23:16
Until they published the list is true they announced 28 pilots and had 29 but there are names that I have some doubts, Tarabus and Koltun and found strange the absence of Frederic della Casa.

RICARDO75
17th May 2016, 23:26
Until they published the list is true they announced 28 pilots and had 29 but there are names that I have some doubts, Tarabus and Koltun and found strange the absence of Frederic della Casa.

Koltun ok

Mirek
17th May 2016, 23:40
Tarabus won't start. I posted that already once on page 1. Also Orsák? Maybe but I would be very surprised.

Iraquiano
18th May 2016, 01:12
Interesting to see where Abdulaziz Al-Kuwari will fit within the ERC crews. As we are used to see him on WRC2 and MERC.
I suppose his presence as something to do with last year's invitation of Nasser Al-Attiyah.(it was recorded on video) At the time, he said he would do the Azores rally next year.(this year)

PLuto
18th May 2016, 09:28
Tarabus won't start. I posted that already once on page 1. Also Orsák? Maybe but I would be very surprised.

Tarabus will not start for sure. I have send official excuse one week ago.

Jarek Z
18th May 2016, 10:20
Kajto about Acores - I have an affection for many rallies, I like a lot of rallies very much, but I miss driving in the Azores not just after coming back to Poland, but already when we cross the ceremonial finish ramp at the end of this event. If you want to see this sport in a nutshell and learn as much as possible during a single rally, you should visit or compete in the Azores. On this small but picturesque island of São Miguel we face changeable grip levels on volcanic gravel, we check the precision of driving on narrow roads, we experience the capricious weather and test the accuracy of our pace notes, required when we drive at high speed into thick fog. This is when long hours of training and litres of sweat in the gym pay off – I need such preparation, so that my body could work fast and hard, and my brain could maintain focus on the highest revs. Fierce competition in these conditions is a very tasty feast for the fans. It is great that thanks to the efforts of partners and members of the LOTOS Rally Team I can fight for victory in the amazing scenery of the Azores. Together with other competitors we create a spectacular advertisement of the sport which I love so much.

More in Kajto's press release:
http://kajto.pl/en?i=1&t=news&n=720&news=the_azores_rally:_spectacular_battle_for_kaje tanowicz_in_the_middle_of_the_atlantic_ocean

polo10
18th May 2016, 14:02
You forget one very important fact...Miguel Campos at that time was in a oficial team Peugeot Portugal and with quite a big budget, Fontes and Moura now Don t have that...Miguel is still fast as it was,but not faster then the guys that are figthing for the first positions in National rallys, sometimes he is faster sometimes slower.
I agree with you in one thing, no portuguese driver has the conditions to fight for ERC at these days, first because Don t have budget and because they are not used to do rallys out of their country...

But you were talking about Moura and Fontes. This drivers are for me different level than was Miguel Campos 13 years ago. Of course I remember his campaign in ERC. It was his first season abroad and on some events he was able to be on same speed like Thiry, on some events he was way out. But it was mainly learning season. Pity that this was his only one international season, I think that he had quite big potential in that time...

Kajto is quite different driver. He is thinking about all things and he is very precise. He was doing all his steps very carefully (and was lucky to find correct sponsors). Mainly he was not afraid to go abroad...

PLuto
18th May 2016, 14:29
It’s not bold Jarek, believe me. Many national rally series in Europe have been recovering after the economic recession. We can see again competitive champs in UK, Italy, Portugal and some other countries, with a bunch of guys fighting hard for the win in any of them, but that’s not the case currently in ERC, with only one guy clearly favorite.

I’ve mentioned Portuguese series top contenders as an example, but in other national series main competitors surely also have enough ability (more than enough in some cases) to became ERC title fighters in its current situation, if they got the chance and a proper program.

Btw, sometimes Ewrc data aren’t enough to get the whole picture. Fontes is one of those hyper talented guys able to win a gravel rally one weekend and be first on a GT or Prototype race the next one. He won every national circuit racing categories before moving to rally and it’s now at the peak of his rally career. Unfortunately, like so many other great Portuguese rally champs, he often has to choose a more tactical approach in home soil international events, sacrificing overall win chances to assure national championship points or get the “best Portuguese in the event" title, overvalued by sponsors and general press.

Like I wrote, it is difficult to be fast at home field. But it is much more difficult to go abroad and be fast there also. There is lot of very fast drivers in national championship, but not so fast on international events. And there is also lot of drivers who are fast at home and are afraid to go abroad because they should be beaten... And story about budget is the easiest way how to excuse... I know lot of national drivers from the last decade who were really fast at home and they should have no problems with budget to go abroad. But they preferred to stay at home and be king there easily...

WUff1
18th May 2016, 18:00
Like I wrote, it is difficult to be fast at home field. But it is much more difficult to go abroad and be fast there also. There is lot of very fast drivers in national championship, but not so fast on international events. And there is also lot of drivers who are fast at home and are afraid to go abroad because they should be beaten... And story about budget is the easiest way how to excuse... I know lot of national drivers from the last decade who were really fast at home and they should have no problems with budget to go abroad. But they preferred to stay at home and be king there easily...

This suits perfectly for Raimund Baumschlager.

Jarek Z
18th May 2016, 18:52
Is this list confirmed?
http://www.ralisonline.net/pt/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10069:27-carros-r5-no-azores-airlines-rallye&catid=70:erc&Itemid=129

Jarek Z
18th May 2016, 19:02
Interesting to see where Abdulaziz Al-Kuwari will fit within the ERC crews.

Don't expect too much. Al-Kuwari was competing in ERC in 2012 and his results were miserable.
http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/image_browse.php?id=88463

Rally Power
18th May 2016, 19:32

Come on Pluto, neither the inexperience nor the fear (strange word for guys that beat it on every SS) unable top national drives to fight for ERC. Some simply aren’t interested, others can’t get a proper budget and many know they’re no longer at the suitable age to start an international career.

Anyway, I’m hoping for same proper competition from our national bests in Açores. They just need to throw away calculators and show their finest speed at the wheel!

Jarek Z
18th May 2016, 19:32
Isn't it great that Ford supports young drivers in this way?
https://www.fiaerc.com/why-m-sport-wanted-erc-junior-rokland/

Mirek
18th May 2016, 19:50
Don't expect too much. Al-Kuwari was competing in ERC in 2012 and his results were miserable.
http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/image_browse.php?id=88463

Al Kuwari back in the days and now is a big difference. For sure he won't fight for the victory but he is a lot faster than four years a go.

Reis Eduardo
18th May 2016, 22:51
To help visitors the special stages of the Rally Azores Rally 3D Virtual Map
Batalha - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFOhwD9Z9Hg
Soluções M - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwwdpIxvHnY
Vila Franca- São Brás - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP4uiZBBNhA
Pico da Pedra - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_0-OTTOzUg
Feteiras - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8KilPcz0t0
Sete Cidades - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvGDSMwZnZ4
Graminhais - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCMWVorjEwk
Tronqueira - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmPk_SqdqB8
Missing Special Stage Marques.

PLuto
22nd May 2016, 10:44
Picture of Orsak's car

Andre Oliveira
22nd May 2016, 14:45
Chassis 163 :) the very last to leave M-Sport

Jarek Z
23rd May 2016, 20:16
Fontes is one of those hyper talented guys able to win a gravel rally one weekend and be first on a GT or Prototype race the next one. He won every national circuit racing categories before moving to rally and it’s now at the peak of his rally career.

After seeing Fontes' stage times in Rallye de Portugal, do you still think he is at the peak of his rally career and would be able to win the ERC?

Rally Power
23rd May 2016, 23:15
Yep. I know Fontes for a long time and I’m pretty sure of what he’s capable. Although Rally de Portugal doesn’t count for national championship, there was a big pressure from sponsors and media to have him doing it, but his mind was already in Açores, as the car must be shipped to the island next Wednesday. With no time for repairs, for sure the plan was to get on an easy pace and do some PR.

Anyway, I’m not expecting to see him fighting for the lead in Açores if he manages to be in a favorable position to get national championship points. Unfortunately, national drivers have become too much calculating over the years and probably only Moura will be free to go flat out (he already admitted he’s not fighting for national title this year).

PLuto
25th May 2016, 14:58
Finally entry list is available! - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=18169

mousti
25th May 2016, 16:13
Consani back but no Della Casa. Waiting for update?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE E1003 met Tapatalk

PLuto
25th May 2016, 16:17
Della Casa will start with WRC in Sardegna. I dont know if his start on Azores was planned or not.

Iraquiano
25th May 2016, 17:29
So, since the Official presentation, no Tarabus(expected) and also Gryazin in 208 R2 instead of the Fabia R5. How many of those will be able to run the Qualifying Stage? All of the RC2? First 12?(would be fair within the national championship)
Weird order on some cases. Moura on 18, Al Kuwari and Stugemo behind 2WD cars...

PLuto
25th May 2016, 17:43
So, since the Official presentation, no Tarabus(expected) and also Gryazin in 208 R2 instead of the Fabia R5.

Tarabus has sent excuse, his car was not able to be prepared in time after Acropolis. Regarding Gryazin, he was planning from beginning to start with 208 R2 as he is doin ERC Junior...

PLuto
25th May 2016, 17:44
How many of those will be able to run the Qualifying Stage? All of the RC2? First 12?(would be fair within the national championship)
Weird order on some cases.

Everybody with FIA or ERC priority. So in this case, all cars with numbers 1-43 will do qualify...

PLuto
25th May 2016, 17:46
Weird order on some cases. Moura on 18, Al Kuwari and Stugemo behind 2WD cars...

That is still the problem of ERC registrations... For registered drivers, number is not so important, they will start according to order on qualify... And BTW, Al Kuwari will not start, unfortunately :(

mousti
25th May 2016, 19:25
So, since the Official presentation, no Tarabus(expected) and also Gryazin in 208 R2 instead of the Fabia R5. How many of those will be able to run the Qualifying Stage? All of the RC2? First 12?(would be fair within the national championship)
Gryzin is doing JERC so that's obvious..

Iraquiano
25th May 2016, 19:37
Gryzin is doing JERC so that's obvious..

Maybe, but not what was announced last week...But once again, they also spoke about Tarabus...

https://youtu.be/S_y_WTjh6GY?t=54m30s

mousti
25th May 2016, 21:18
Maybe, but not what was announced last week...But once again, they also spoke about Tarabus...

https://youtu.be/S_y_WTjh6GY?t=54m30s
Yeah like they announced every year a former world champion would come etc. :D

Fast Eddie WRC
26th May 2016, 12:39
Great entry of R5 cars here... nice surprise ! :)

Also looking forward to a good battle in the Juniors...

Reis Eduardo
26th May 2016, 14:56
Already available maps and access to ZE
http://www.azoresrallye.com/pt-pt/rallye-16/provas-especiais/

Jarek Z
29th May 2016, 20:37
Is he insolent or realistic?
https://www.fiaerc.com/birthday-boy-sirmacis-has-just-one-wish-for-erc-azores/

Rally Power
29th May 2016, 22:03
Ambitious. Good luck to him.

RS
30th May 2016, 12:25
Is he insolent or realistic?
https://www.fiaerc.com/birthday-boy-sirmacis-has-just-one-wish-for-erc-azores/

Personally i think he might find Azores more difficult but he said he wanted to win Acropolis and he did.

liposh
30th May 2016, 13:26
Once You win your first rally You just have to start thinking about victory. Lower targets would be counter-productive.

Luis Pacheco
30th May 2016, 22:50
A distinguished co-driver present in the Azores. :)

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13336073_269705840050958_2424728106177770485_n.jpg ?oh=e9d28f820ec164c8bb2c12f2a6f8a765&oe=57CD7CE2

Andre Oliveira
30th May 2016, 23:21
No Consani at Azores.

Jarek Z
31st May 2016, 08:52
A distinguished co-driver present in the Azores. :)

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13336073_269705840050958_2424728106177770485_n.jpg ?oh=e9d28f820ec164c8bb2c12f2a6f8a765&oe=57CD7CE2

And I thought Lukyanuk wants peace...
http://www.waldviertel-rallye.at/cms/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/lukyanuk_chervonenko_w4_14_illmer_2.jpg

Iraquiano
31st May 2016, 13:44
Vision of Hugo Magalhães during the recce today

https://scontent.flis2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13307240_1104242502972478_1621205085383225829_n.jp g?oh=17fc122fd3d130e0527cc674911846e4&oe=57DC7289

dimviii
31st May 2016, 16:13
https://youtu.be/rTfTQkwEEc4

https://youtu.be/s69tkThN-aA

http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_05_2016/post-177-0-47450100-1464633986.jpg
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_05_2016/post-177-0-40859900-1464633987.jpg
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_05_2016/post-177-0-63096500-1464633990.jpg
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_05_2016/post-177-0-14183300-1464640770.jpg
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_05_2016/post-177-0-31162600-1464640782.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/svenkollusms/?fref=photo

https://www.facebook.com/Rallyface/photos/?tab=album&album_id=997538820294584

PLuto
1st June 2016, 11:09
Like usually, on Acores you can find all variety of weather in same time...

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13321847_10209237002460173_6004540417923244990_n.j pg?oh=bf85130de220b1a380f4942804dcbb68&oe=57DF8C63

PLuto
1st June 2016, 11:24
Dont forget, today is the last chance to make pickems !

Ucci
1st June 2016, 21:00
What is the weather forecast for this weekend?

PLuto
2nd June 2016, 00:58

Same like usually - we will see :-)

Iraquiano
2nd June 2016, 03:39
Lol, I remember 2 or 3 years ago, on Tronqueira stage, you started with thick fog and rain and ended with sun and no cloud above you. It's Azores, you can have all seasons within an hour.

On-board of Chuchala on today's city show, at least they seem to be happy hehe

https://youtu.be/Gh5ry3Lm49g

bluuford
2nd June 2016, 07:51

Changeable:)
temperature +16..+18, quite windy, up to 9 m/s
Most likely it will be cloudy from this afternoon (low clouds, possibly on the ground), rain starting from around 6PM,today and ligth to moderate rain continues more or less until tomorrow morning until 8-9.

Friday will be cloudy (but mostly without low clouds - so, no big fog effect) till evening, until around 6 PM, then it will be clouds and sun, sun and clouds

Saturday will be better weather. Maybe slight fog-rain during the noon (low clouds again) but we should see plenty of sun as well. Weather turns bad on midnight again and it will be slight rain-fog-sun until Sunday evening.

Well, this fog is actually not like real fog, it is just like low clouds :)

Jarek Z
2nd June 2016, 09:15
On-board of Chuchala on today's city show, at least they seem to be happy hehe

https://youtu.be/Gh5ry3Lm49g

Chuchala is nearly always happy, he is a very positive guy... and an excellent driver.
It's a shame you don't know Polish and don't understand what they are talking about :)

PLuto
2nd June 2016, 09:35
Changeable:)
temperature +16..+18, quite windy, up to 9 m/s
Most likely it will be cloudy from this afternoon (low clouds, possibly on the ground), rain starting from around 6PM,today and ligth to moderate rain continues more or less until tomorrow morning until 8-9.

Friday will be cloudy (but mostly without low clouds - so, no big fog effect) till evening, until around 6 PM, then it will be clouds and sun, sun and clouds

Saturday will be better weather. Maybe slight fog-rain during the noon (low clouds again) but we should see plenty of sun as well. Weather turns bad on midnight again and it will be slight rain-fog-sun until Sunday evening.

Can you write more precisely for which part of which stage is this weather prediction? :)

bluuford
2nd June 2016, 09:49
Can you write more precisely for which part of which stage is this weather prediction? :)

Yes, this is written for all sections, except the ones where you decide to stay :P But in general, rain that is expected today evening and night, should cover all stages and all elevations. The rest of the weekend rain and clouds is on and off, off and on :)

Jarek Z
2nd June 2016, 10:55

Is that what you are talking about?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHBeZ41LW4w

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd June 2016, 11:27
Lukyanuk pips Kajto on QS...

But its a tricky choice of road position for sure.

dimviii
2nd June 2016, 12:05
nice news ,Arnautov again with Luky.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cj8PC-GWEAAhcqT.jpg:large

FIA ERC ‏@FIAERC 1 λεπτόΠριν από 1 λεπτό

ERC Junior drivers in the qualifying stage
@pieniazekrally 2:07.915
@ChrisIngramGB 2:09.507
#FIAERC

bluuford
2nd June 2016, 14:30
Is that what you are talking about?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHBeZ41LW4w

Yes, exactly!

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd June 2016, 14:57
Here’s the top 15 Start Order selections

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cj81Im4WgAECCZB.jpg:large

mousti
2nd June 2016, 17:42
(2 - Lukyanuk Alexey / Arnautov Alexey):*damaged front left, dont want to comment

:(

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd June 2016, 18:01
Moura leads from Sirmacis after SS2.

Seems there really is 'Serious Competiton Ahead' for the two favourites...

WUff1
2nd June 2016, 18:12
Sirmacis again very fast, Acropolis wasn´t just a one off it seems.

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd June 2016, 18:34
Chris Ingram going well in the Juniors ahead of his Opel team-mates...

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd June 2016, 18:46
Luky wins & Kajto fights back on SS3...

Kajto is the new LEADER after SS3
2. Moura +5.5s
3. Sirmacis +7.2s

Mirek
2nd June 2016, 18:47
Intresting results so far. The biggest surprise for me is Tlusťák as he hasn't driven any fast since Valais several years a go...

dimviii
2nd June 2016, 19:29
Luky very fast at ss3,closed the gap he make at ss1 with flat tyre,and again in touch with leaders.

watch what happened at ss1 to Luky. Very Lucky.
https://twitter.com/FIAERC?lang=el

Mirek
2nd June 2016, 19:35
Huge time lost on SSS by Moura and Kajto due to worn/wrong tyres for this one. Let's see Lukyanuk. Sirmacis won a lot here!

dimviii
2nd June 2016, 19:38
Sirmacis very good pace again.Nice.

dimviii
2nd June 2016, 19:40
Tlustak ahead from all locals except Moura.http://www.petrolheads.gr/images/smilies/smooth/omg.gif

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd June 2016, 19:42
Nice close battle for the lead with no-one making a big mistake this afternoon.. :)

Rally Power
2nd June 2016, 22:07
Tlustak ahead from all locals except Moura.http://www.petrolheads.gr/images/smilies/smooth/omg.gif

But only 10.2s between Botka (5th) and Fontes (11th). Great job from Moura/Costa and Gago/Magalhães, on the fight for overall and junior wins.

bluuford
3rd June 2016, 00:30
OK. Seems that rain arrival time was quite correct. However, it is now expected that it stays for longer time than initially expected. slight rain can be expected until around 1 PM. That means, firts pass of the stages should be wet:) It gets better in the afternoon :)

Iraquiano
3rd June 2016, 00:35
How are you supposed to choose tyres for this?

(less than 2 hours between pics)

A sunny SS1:
https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13301471_1291322337558457_2237407746790247764_o.jp g

And heavy rain and mud on SS4
https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13323825_1291322334225124_6791549730156446502_o.jp g

pantealex
3rd June 2016, 07:45
at least 1 of them had Michelin in front and Pirelli in back.

Jarek Z
3rd June 2016, 08:48
Wojciech Chuchala after winning all 4 stages in ERC2:

"We always want to fight with R5 cars and it is no different here. After two stages we were very close to the top 10, among 30 R5 cars, which means that our pace was really good. Unfortunately then the rain fell down on this beautiful island. We had to slow down and lost time. (...) We are having great fun all the time, everything works as it should and please keep your fingers crossed for us so that we don't fall into the volcano tomorrow." :D

https://www.fiaerc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/chuchala-836282-800x533.jpg

Jarek Z
3rd June 2016, 10:27
watch what happened at ss1 to Luky. Very Lucky.
https://twitter.com/FIAERC?lang=el

Very lucky indeed! Here is a view from inside:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEflh8nNp6U

PLuto
3rd June 2016, 11:51
OK. Seems that rain arrival time was quite correct. However, it is now expected that it stays for longer time than initially expected. slight rain can be expected until around 1 PM. That means, firts pass of the stages should be wet:) It gets better in the afternoon :)

Please, can you make next time more optimistic weather forecast? I think that there was enough rain on the island, we will prefer more beautiful weather...

Martins Tolks
3rd June 2016, 11:54
aaaand ss5 is live. Let's start another great day for rallying.

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd June 2016, 12:07
Luky with a stage win and into the lead !

Jarek Z
3rd June 2016, 12:23
Is Antonin Tlustak driving the best rally of his career? He is 5th overall after SS5!

Mirek
3rd June 2016, 12:24
No, he was 3rd overall in Valais 2011.

Martins Tolks
3rd June 2016, 12:46
Luky on fire again, 13.8 from sirmacis, also good time for moura. Looks like it will be 4way fight.

Mirek
3rd June 2016, 12:46
Huge time gaps on such short stages. Anyway Kajto back in the lead!

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd June 2016, 12:47
Kajto with a top time and back into the lead... great battle.

Jarek Z
3rd June 2016, 12:51
No, he was 3rd overall in Valais 2011.

Yes, I remember that, but the level of competition is much higher on Azores today.

http://rally-base.com/2011/rallye-du-valais-2011/?ssId=918

Jarek Z
3rd June 2016, 13:01
Craig Breen is jealous!
https://www.fiaerc.com/been-with-envy-for-erc-friends-in-the-azores/

Mirek
3rd June 2016, 13:05
JERC day 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UPzQ32ZCGs

Simmi
3rd June 2016, 13:17
Sounds like the fog and visibility is crazily bad out there.

You'd be gutted if you'd traveled over for the Sete Cidades stage and then couldn't see anything!

Great battle though. The lead has changed on every stage but one so far. But I would maybe expect Katjo to pull away on this next one. Let's see.

Jarek Z
3rd June 2016, 13:32
Kajto wins "the volcanic stage" :)

Incredible stage, I love this stage. We have so much fog on this stage and grip is changing all the time, you have to read the road. But I enjoy very much this stage. The car is working very well, like the tyres. Everything is great but we must keep calm.

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd June 2016, 13:34
Top 2 are pulling away a bit now. Good to see no big mistakes from them and a proper ERC battle at last.. :D

Jarek Z
3rd June 2016, 13:36
Sounds like the fog and visibility is crazily bad out there.

According to Chuchala they drive like blind men:
It was fun, but also difficult as I was driving like a blind man. When you can't see you cannot prepare for less grip.

PLuto
3rd June 2016, 13:38
Problem of that fog (or clouds) is that it is changing very quickly. For one crew it can be totally blind and next crew should see for 300 m. So every crew has unique conditions. Thats why we can see on SS 6 some 2WD cars in top ten...

RS
3rd June 2016, 14:23
JERC day 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UPzQ32ZCGs

Good to see ERC give about three times more coverage to JERC than WRC give to WRC2.

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd June 2016, 14:31
Big stage win by Ingram in the JERC on SS7 and he's into the lead ! :)

"All the other times on that stage it has been dry. We had a massive attack at the end there. So happy now."

dimviii
3rd June 2016, 15:30
nice photo from Breens twitter

Craig Breen ‏@Craig_Breen

Jealous of my @FIAERC friends about to tackle Sete Cidades in the Azores. Go flat out, enjoy, but don't look down!��

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkBgVFeWEAA55ZT.jpg:large

Mirek
3rd June 2016, 16:12
Lukyanuk closes the gap again.

dimviii
3rd June 2016, 17:02
Lets see at the big one

Barros

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkCYJL-XEAApEYw.jpg

http://www.ewrc-results.com/quickp/28153_gryazin_erc_azorez_2016.jpg

Alves

http://www.ewrc-results.com/quickp/28153_13349186_1374096539286436_1879449520_n.jpg

dimviii
3rd June 2016, 17:27
FIA ERC ‏@FIAERC

Puncture for ERC Junior @AzoresRallye leader @ChrisIngramGB at the end of SS9 ��He’s now 3rd, 22.4s behind new leader @diogogagorally #FIAERC

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkCis8cWkAQJ038.jpg

dimviii
3rd June 2016, 17:31
wow Luky -16 from Kajto at the long one. Leader with 9,8 sec difference.

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd June 2016, 18:11
A real shame for Ingram having the puncture... he didnt need that in such a close battle with Gago & Griebel. :(

Mirek
3rd June 2016, 18:11
Griebel in the lead of JERC after second day. Great fight in JERC just like in the overall classiffication.

Mirek
3rd June 2016, 18:29
According to Pluto both Botka and Lukyanuk were very lucky to finish the day as both lost the alternator belt on the way back to service.

bluuford
3rd June 2016, 20:02
Please, can you make next time more optimistic weather forecast? I think that there was enough rain on the island, we will prefer more beautiful weather...

Why didnt you aks it before? Here it was for afternoon:) Rest will be saved for Rally Estonia :P

Tomorrow I will send some low clouds and very ligt rain again :P and couple of degrees will be saved for me (+15.. +16 for you) ;)

PLuto
3rd June 2016, 20:49
Big stage win by Ingram in the JERC on SS7 and he's into the lead ! :)

"All the other times on that stage it has been dry. We had a massive attack at the end there. So happy now."

Chris likes Sete Cidades stage, he was always fast there.

PLuto
3rd June 2016, 20:56
Why didnt you aks it before? Here it was for afternoon:) Rest will be saved for Rally Estonia :P

Tomorrow I will send some low clouds and very ligt rain again :P and couple of degrees will be saved for me (+15.. +16 for you) ;)

Today afternoon was much better. You can keep the weather like it is and dont make any changes :)

marcosg
3rd June 2016, 22:05
ERC Azores Airlines Rallye 2016 | Leg 2 | SPEED and ACTION [Full HD]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gz9tUzmjTA

Mirek
3rd June 2016, 22:34
I think that the first day from the same account hasn't been yet posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It19k3MrYbU

Fast Eddie WRC
4th June 2016, 11:44
I think that the first day from the same account hasn't been yet posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It19k3MrYbU

Fan vid at its best. :) Some great jumps there... the kind of thing the TV coverage just doesn't capture !

dimviii
4th June 2016, 11:46
wow Moura 13,6 faster from Sirmacis.Lets see Luky and Kajto what can do.

Fast Eddie WRC
4th June 2016, 11:48
Kajto lost big time on SS11 !! Driveshaft broke. :(

Mirek
4th June 2016, 11:49
Ou, that sucks.

cosmin_sb
4th June 2016, 11:51
problem for Kajetanowicz, lost 1:44min in the first stage of the day

RS
4th June 2016, 11:56
I think they normally carry a spare driveshaft or no?

Fast Eddie WRC
4th June 2016, 11:57
What a shame to end the battle on the very first stage today... seems to be the way this season in the ERC.

dimviii
4th June 2016, 11:59
can Kajto reach 3rd overall with 81 km stages remaining?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkGg62NXEAAAL6q.jpg

Jarek Z
4th June 2016, 12:01
Fan vid at its best. :) Some great jumps there... the kind of thing the TV coverage just doesn't capture !

Exactly. I will never understand, why so many fan videos are better than the videos made by a professional TV crew. It is so both in ERC and WRC.
Thanks for sharing!

Fast Eddie WRC
4th June 2016, 12:02
Fingers-crossed that battle in the Juniors will go to the end.

Jarek Z
4th June 2016, 12:02
What does it look like from the technical point of view? Do we have any mechanics here? Is it end of the rally for Kajto?

Fast Eddie WRC
4th June 2016, 12:06
I dont think they can repair a D/S so he will lose more time in the next two stages... :(

Jarek Z
4th June 2016, 12:06
What a shame to end the battle on the very first stage today...

Lukyanuk apparently agrees with you:
Big shame, we had a great fight. Here it was really big fight, I'm sorry for Kajto

dimviii
4th June 2016, 12:07
I dont think they can repair a D/S so he will lose more time in the next two stages... :(

that

Mirek
4th June 2016, 12:07

Only if they had a spare one but I don't think they have.

I think they normally carry a spare driveshaft or no?

I don't know but I don't think so. You can't carry everything with Yourself as every spare part means more weight and slow You down.

Fast Eddie WRC
4th June 2016, 12:13
Power going to only 3 d/s may do more damage, so he could end up with just 2WD...

Jarek Z
4th June 2016, 12:17
Shit, I didn't think the stages over there are that narrow. Here's Kajto's day 2 summary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0piB7cB2Vag

dimviii
4th June 2016, 12:18
Gago take the lead from Griebel for 6,6 sec. Nice fight at juniors.

Fast Eddie WRC
4th June 2016, 12:19
Gago quick time in the Juniors...

Jarek Z
4th June 2016, 12:28
Is Antonin Tlustak driving the best rally of his career? He is 5th overall after SS5!

It seems I praised Tlustak too early. In the course of the day he quickly dropped from 5th to 9th. But Portuguese drivers are so slow, that he still manages to stay in top 10.

In the meantime Jaroslav Orsak moves from 36th (after SS1) to 5th (after SS11). Well done!

dimviii
4th June 2016, 12:41
Sirmacis broke steering arm

Jarek Z
4th June 2016, 12:42
According to Live Results Ralfs Sirmacis has broken a front steering arm on SS12. Did he crash and is out?

Kajto loses another 90 seconds on this stage.

dimviii
4th June 2016, 12:44
@AlexeyLukyanuk after SS12: « I had something wrong with the pacenotes. I hap a spin and lost a lot of time » #FIAERC

Luky now only 20,5 ahead of Moura.

dimviii
4th June 2016, 12:46
Kajto seems can be 3rd now at finish. Valuable points for championship

Jarek Z
4th June 2016, 12:49
Kajto seems can be 3rd now at finish. Valuable points for championship

Yes, SS13 has 4 km long only and then service park! Let's keep our fingers crossed for him!

dimviii
4th June 2016, 12:53
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkGtiYGWUAA19yH.jpg

Jarek Z
4th June 2016, 12:59
Kajto after SS12:
"Broken is front left (driveshaft). We have only two wheel drive. It is hard driving, but we have no idea how it happened."

dimviii
4th June 2016, 13:00
Moura in a league of his own among locals.

RS
4th June 2016, 13:18
Sorry for Sirmacis. He was never in contention for the win but he was doing a very good job again on only his second R5 drive.

Looking forward to seeing him on Estonia and Latvia (hopefully?)

dimviii
4th June 2016, 13:21
Griebel crashed

Fast Eddie WRC
4th June 2016, 13:27
I go out for an hour, come back and there's more drama. The battles in ERC & Juniors are back on. :)

Jarek Z
4th June 2016, 13:30
I go out for an hour, come back and there's more drama. The battles in ERC & Juniors are back on. :)

I'm going out for dinner now and I'm already scared what I will see when I'm back :O

Fast Eddie WRC
4th June 2016, 13:43
SSS live: http://www.rtp.pt/play/direto/rtpacores

or

http://www.azoresrallye.com/rally-16/live-rallye/?r=1

Fast Eddie WRC
4th June 2016, 13:45
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkG5sl7WkAAGmn2.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
4th June 2016, 14:02
SSS win by Luky.... and takes nearly 5s over Moura !

Jarek Z
4th June 2016, 14:06
I go out for an hour, come back and there's more drama.

Let's summarize all dramas on SS12 :)

Sirmacis Ralfs / Šimins Arturs: crashed and out
Kołtun Jarosław / Pleskot Ireneusz: crashed and out
Griebel Marijan / Kopczyk Stefan: crashed and out
Alves Joaquim / Ramalho Luís: puncture
Larsen Frank Tore / Eriksen Torstein: puncture

Anybody else?

Mirek
4th June 2016, 14:24
Eddie, whose tyre is it?

bluuford
4th June 2016, 14:30
Looks like Kamaz :P

PLuto
4th June 2016, 14:45
It seems I praised Tlustak too early. In the course of the day he quickly dropped from 5th to 9th. But Portuguese drivers are so slow, that he still manages to stay in top 10.

Main problem was fog yesterday. He completely lost confidence (and speed) there...

Fast Eddie WRC
4th June 2016, 14:57
Eddie, whose tyre is it?

They didnt say... but I thought it was a good photo. Pics of Alonso afterwards so maybe him ... its a DMack.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkG5_h6XIAAs_fi.jpg

"It is very difficult, in a left corner we go off and hit a bank, we see the damage now." - Looks like a rear tyre off the rim and the wheel has been pushed backed and toeing out on the front edge.

Rally Power
4th June 2016, 16:22
Let's summarize all dramas on SS12 :)
Sirmacis Ralfs / Šimins Arturs: crashed and out
Kołtun Jarosław / Pleskot Ireneusz: crashed and out
Griebel Marijan / Kopczyk Stefan: crashed and out
Alves Joaquim / Ramalho Luís: puncture
Larsen Frank Tore / Eriksen Torstein: puncture
Anybody else?

You can add Fontes 1.50m penalty before ss11 due to clutch repair and Meireles 1m loss after a spin on SS11.
This last loop is the harder one. Tronqueiras is the local mythic stage and there’re always surprises at its end.
Fingers crossed for Moura and Gago.

dimviii
4th June 2016, 16:38
Jeets ss14

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkHhM9vWYAEqYTq.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkHhjcDXIAESijH.jpg:large

Fast Eddie WRC
4th June 2016, 16:42
Luky in trouble !!!!

Mirek
4th June 2016, 16:50
No turbo :(

dimviii
4th June 2016, 16:57
Lets see if its something he can fix.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkHlsr5WEAA_sMw.jpg

dimviii
4th June 2016, 17:01
Previous leader, @AlexeyLukyanuk fixed his mechanical issue �� « But I lost a lot of time », he said. #FIAERC

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkHmOC_WUAAdd6X.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkHmPkeW0AAud0T.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
4th June 2016, 17:02
Saying its fixed but I think he's lost the victory.

Unless ...

mousti
4th June 2016, 17:07
Again... Mechanical trouble when he had victory in sights, same for Acropolis. Luky definately showed his on par with Kajto and sometimes quite faster even and with less experience on stages than Kajto..

marcosg
4th June 2016, 17:07
Saying its fixed but I think he's lost the victory.

Unless ...

...he wins colin mcrae's flat out trophy again :)

TheFlyingTuga
4th June 2016, 17:11
Got to say that for a guy name "Luky" he has a lot of bad luck. Anyway, hopefully all the victories stay in our drivers, even if I find some performances of Portuguese drivers decepcional

dimviii
4th June 2016, 17:24
...he wins colin mcrae's flat out trophy again :)

not possible.He has 42 secs for 42 kms.Only with Mouras problem is possible

Mirek
4th June 2016, 17:29
Again... Mechanical trouble when he had victory in sights, same for Acropolis. Luky definately showed his on par with Kajto and sometimes quite faster even and with less experience on stages than Kajto..

To be fair Kajto had even bigger technical problems here. Also let't not forget the crash Luky had in SS1. It could contribute to his recent problem.

bluuford
4th June 2016, 17:31

You know, when Moura takes safe approach and Lucky decides that its is time for "go", you nenevr know what is going to happen. He can take 1 s/km I belive, but with big risks.

Mariusz
4th June 2016, 17:38
Based on splits it's not going to happen.

dimviii
4th June 2016, 17:38
the only you can do at these stages, is to push and wait Mouras mistake.

edit Orsak and Tlustak with flat tyres

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkHulA3WgAACq3e.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkHugFHWgAEWHeS.jpg

Mirek
4th June 2016, 17:42
Luky took exactly 1 s/km... but I think Moura can go faster. Let's see.

dimviii
4th June 2016, 17:43
Luky took 21,2 from Moura.
Now 21,5 left.

dimviii
4th June 2016, 17:43
Luky took exactly 1 s/km... but I think Moura can go faster. Let's see.

me too.

SS15] GRAMINHAIS 2 (G92% / A8%) (20.96 KMS)
#18 - RICARDO MOURA
FORD FIESTA R5
"He (Lukyanuk) will win maybe more than twenty second in here, we will see."

TheFlyingTuga
4th June 2016, 17:44
Moura won the first passage through Tronqueira. It's a special stage for Azoreans, so he will know the stage very well. Anyway, it will be a race to 'till the finish

sindroms
4th June 2016, 17:46
In 21 km stage Lukyanuk took 21.2 sec away from Moura. Now 21.5 seconds behind with 21.7km stage to follow. Mathematically.. does it mean we will have two 1st places in the end? :D

Fast Eddie WRC
4th June 2016, 17:56
Amazing rally and now still we dont know til the last stage...

Go Luky ! ;)

marcosg
4th June 2016, 17:57

first one is done ;)

dimviii
4th June 2016, 17:59
first one is done ;)

Moura didnt pushed.Watch his times with other Portuguese drivers,and compare them with previous stages

Jarek Z
4th June 2016, 18:04
Moura didnt pushed.Watch his times with other Portuguese drivers,and compare them with previous stages

Actually Moura is the only Portuguese driver who "pushes" in this rally. But does he push strong enough to keep the Russian behind him?

Fast Eddie WRC
If he did slow so much its a risk if he has any mistake on the last one now ...

dimviii
Łukasz Pieniążek ‏@pieniazekrally 4 λεπτάΠριν από 4 λεπτά

Unfortunately this is the end of the #AzoresRally for us... Just 800 meters after the start of the stage our driveshaft broke down.

dimviii
4th June 2016, 18:05
If he did slow so much its a risk if he has any mistake on the last one now ...

watch where is Fontes when Moura is pushing,at first day stages.

bluuford
4th June 2016, 18:11
If you have seen live how Lucky drives when there is "go", he can do crazy times.. one sec/km is pretty normal on such cases. It will be close definitely!

Fast Eddie WRC
4th June 2016, 18:21
watch where is Fontes when Moura is pushing,at first day stages.

Moura did take it slower on the last one... just a bit surprised by how much.

I still expect him to win.

Fast Eddie WRC
4th June 2016, 18:23
If you have seen live how Lucky drives when there is "go", he can do crazy times.. one sec/km is pretty normal on such cases. It will be close definitely!

"I am pushing like hell, it is almost impossible to do more. It is a real disappointment, this crazy turbo. It is not easy and the next stage is more difficult than this one."

Fast Eddie WRC
4th June 2016, 18:25
Lukyanuk slower by 3s at first split.

mousti
4th June 2016, 18:35
To be fair Kajto had even bigger technical problems here. Also let't not forget the crash Luky had in SS1. It could contribute to his recent problem.

But Kajto was very lucky in Acropolis with his roll.. :p

marcosg
4th June 2016, 18:35
well done Moura to hold off Luky!

Mirek
4th June 2016, 18:37
Moura took the victory in style.

TWRC
4th June 2016, 18:41
What an event! Even on the last stage many positions were swapped, Botka up to 4th, Meireles down to 6th, Moura winning, great fights in every category... One of the best rallies ERC had recently in my opinion. Well done to everybody!

Simmi
4th June 2016, 18:43
Congrats to Moura. Cool event for sure.

Fast Eddie WRC
4th June 2016, 18:44
Nice win for the home driver.... and and least the top ERC guys got good points. :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkH9I6bUkAALiY_.jpg:large

mousti
4th June 2016, 18:46
If Lukyanuk is smart he should enter Ypres, with his form he could be very fast there too, maybe even podium and with Kajto not being there he could close the gap in standings with Kajto then.

dimviii
4th June 2016, 18:47
so as you can see Luky cant take 1 sec/km from Moura,when he is pushing.For sure he is faster,but not so much.
Congrats to Moura.
Luky fast at every rally he has participate so far,fighting for wins,and with tight budget.

dimviii
4th June 2016, 18:49
If Lukyanuk is smart he should enter Ypres, with his form he could be very fast there too, maybe even podium and with Kajto not being there he could close the gap in standings with Kajto then.
imho Ypres maybe be the only event Luky will not be so fast to fight for win.
i really would like to see him at Ypres.

Fast Eddie WRC
4th June 2016, 18:49
Lukyanuk at the end of SS16: « We had a slow puncture. But we tried to do our best and it wasn’t enough.. Maybe next time! »

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkH-kbZXEAARlKb.jpg

Jarek Z
4th June 2016, 18:55
What an event! Even on the last stage many positions were swapped, Botka up to 4th (...)

Yes, I'm very happy that Botka finally finished a rally without technical problems in his Citroen DS3! 4th place on Azores is a great reward for him after all the problems he had at the beginning of the season.

https://www.fiaerc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/01316004_1271-1024x683.jpg

mousti
4th June 2016, 18:56
imho Ypres maybe be the only event Luky will not be so fast to fight for win.
i really would like to see him at Ypres.
With his progress on asphalt, I wouldn't say so. And only strong competition from locals, besides Bouffier not really a very fast international driver.

dimviii
4th June 2016, 18:58
Diogo Gago won at juniors. Well deserved win,clearly faster.

Jarek Z
4th June 2016, 18:59
Paradoxically this rally was also a good event for Kajto. Being 3rd overall after driving 3 stages with a front-wheel-driven car is not bad at all!

Fast Eddie WRC
4th June 2016, 18:59
Another fine home win in the Juniors.

Brit Chris Ingram with a great 2nd place and a good points gain over his Opel team-mates. ;)

Jarek Z
4th June 2016, 19:00
The list of victims still grows:

retired (36 - Gryazin Nikolay / Fedorov Yaroslav): technical problem in SS 15
retired (9 - Costenaro Giacomo / Bardini Justin): technical problem in SS 15
retired (19 - Peres Fernando / Silva José Pedro): technical problem in SS 15

Mirek
4th June 2016, 19:05
Yes, I'm very happy that Botka finally finished a rally without technical problems in his Citroen DS3! 4th place on Azores is a great reward for him after all the problems he had at the beginning of the season.

Afaik during Acropolis he started a co-operation with some Czech people who work with our only DS3 and also with engineer Jaroslav Vančík. Pluto for sure knows more as he took part in that negotiations. It seems it helped.

Jarek Z
4th June 2016, 19:08

Provisional ERC standings after Azores:

1 Kajetanowicz (92)
2 Lukyanuk (77)
3 Sirmacis (41)
4 Breen (38)
5 Moura (37)

dimviii
4th June 2016, 19:14
with engineer Jaroslav Vančík.

who is this engineer?

Mirek
4th June 2016, 19:52
Motoring engineer and former very good rally driver. He works with Kresta Racing, Tlusťák and many other Czech teams.

WUff1
4th June 2016, 19:52
4th winner in 4th rally. If it wouldn´t be about some few regulars and Junior ERC, ERC would slowly become like ERT.

marcosg
4th June 2016, 19:53
ERC Azores Airlines Rallye 2016 | Leg 3 | SPLASH and SHOW [FULL HD]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M8QtqdSv1I

RS
4th June 2016, 20:42
4th winner in 4th rally. If it wouldn´t be about some few regulars and Junior ERC, ERC would slowly become like ERT.

In other words, without thing which makes it not like ERT, it would be like ERT?

Look on the bright side. We have two guys in a fight for the championship.. that's one more than WRC.

COD
4th June 2016, 21:38

And it makes it a much more interesting than WRC

N.O.T
4th June 2016, 21:40
And it makes it a much more interesting than WRC

are you serious ? to whom ? the village boys who follow the local village drivers ?

bluuford
4th June 2016, 21:57

Dont say it.. maybe someone finds that it is not fair for regulars that some local guys wins and not the best always wins :P

PLuto
4th June 2016, 22:16
Dont say it.. maybe someone finds that it is not fair for regulars that some local guys wins and not the best always wins :P

Lukyanuk was not local in Canarias, Sirmacis was not local in Acropolis, Breen was local in Ireland, but he is top level driver. Only here in Azores the win comes to local driver, who was always fast here and done lot of things to fight for win this year...

PLuto
4th June 2016, 22:18

He is smart enough. But unfortunately he is out of money...

TWRC
4th June 2016, 22:28
Afaik during Acropolis he started a co-operation with some Czech people who work with our only DS3 and also with engineer Jaroslav Vančík. Pluto for sure knows more as he took part in that negotiations. It seems it helped.
Botka was very happy in his interviews after Acropolis, saying that he has never experienced that his opponets team would come over and try to help with his car. So he might have been talking about this?
Also, he said before Azores that they put a new wiring loom, engine and turbo into the car and replaced every part that was close to its limit km. Looks like the combo of these helped.

Luis Pacheco
4th June 2016, 23:13
I take my hat off to Lukyanuk. I did not see anyone driving so "crazy" since 2002 (Jani Paasonen) in Azores.

Luis Pacheco
4th June 2016, 23:18
You can't carry everything with Yourself as every spare part means more weight and slow You down.

Yesterday I saw 4 sterring arms attached with tape on the rear of the roll-cage of Lucky and 2 in Kajetan´s car.

Rally Power
4th June 2016, 23:19
Fantastic Moura, fantastic Gago and fantastic Açores! Huge congrats to the winners and their codrivers, Costa and Magalhães and their teams ARC Sport and Inside Motor Sport.

Really hoping to see Moura back to national championship or doing a couple of ERC events more. And Peugeot Portugal MUST help Gago to stay at ERC Junior. He’s our best young driver and he really deserves to be on an international level.

Well done! Amazing rally!

Mariusz
5th June 2016, 00:19
Chuchala also drove very well. After changing a tire on stage 10 yesterday, loosing 3 min 47 sec on that stage to the stage winner he was in attack mode today and he was 6th today (Leg 2).

mousti
5th June 2016, 04:27
He is smart enough. But unfortunately he is out of money...
I had hoped he would have Found extra money till now. Only till Azores was planned with that new Sponsor am I right?

RS
5th June 2016, 05:57
Would like to see full onboard of Lukyanuk's SS15!

dimviii
5th June 2016, 07:31
Yesterday I saw 4 sterring arms attached with tape on the rear of the roll-cage of Lucky and 2 in Kajetan´s car.

steering arms are not that heavy compared to driveshafts.

Jarek Z
5th June 2016, 19:03
Chuchala also drove very well. After changing a tire on stage 10 yesterday, loosing 3 min 47 sec on that stage to the stage winner he was in attack mode today and he was 6th today (Leg 2).

Yes, great driving from Chuchala and his 4th ERC2 win in a row:
https://www.fiaerc.com/chuchala-recovers-a-fourth-straight-erc2-win/

http://www.autoklub.pl/news/foto/201606/news20160604_68505h.jpg

Jarek Z
5th June 2016, 19:07
Luky definately showed his on par with Kajto and sometimes quite faster even and with less experience on stages than Kajto..

Kajto himself finds this season very difficult:
https://www.fiaerc.com/kajto-i-said-it-wouldnt-be-easy-in-erc-2016/

mousti
5th June 2016, 19:39
good news for him is that luky has no more money, Estonia he will be there but rest of season...

Mirek
5th June 2016, 19:44
I think there is a good chance he would drive Barum as well. After all his team is based just few kilometers from Barum service area.

mousti
5th June 2016, 19:52
I think there is a good chance he would drive Barum as well. After all his team is based just few kilometers from Barum service area.

And maybe Cherain aswell, because it wouldn't surprise us he won't do any WRC rallies :p

Jarek Z
5th June 2016, 20:40
Kajto's day 3 highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCgn25uB4DM

dupanton
5th June 2016, 20:46

I think we will see Delplace in Barum Rally too.

Mirek
5th June 2016, 21:33
I know :)

Jarek Z
5th June 2016, 21:46
Summary of the fight in JERC, including Griebel's crash into a tree:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VzLPUTpv2g

Luis Pacheco
5th June 2016, 22:28
Two corners before Griebel had passed a slower competitor.

Rally Power
6th June 2016, 00:58
Lots of fair play from Luky, saying he was delighted with Açores and their rally, happy for Moura and glad to see the public excitement on Moura’s win.

Moura was also pretty clear head talking on local TV. He recognize he got some luck and that Luky and Kajto were a bit faster than him but he also knew that Luky takes a lot of risks and at any time a chance to win could appear. He never ease up the pace and he didn’t mind to lose 20s on SS15, because he had a better tyre choice for last stage, that enable him to attack and defend first place.

Today it come out that Moura will be on Madeira Rally and Gago can be at Ypres ERC Junior round.

Moura/Costa on Sete Cidades amazing scenery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0xzVKkzupA

sindroms
7th June 2016, 11:21
Lukyanuk's on-boards from Azores compilation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnXG1Zp4eSc

Iraquiano
8th June 2016, 11:58
Very nice article about the rally itself and the environment around it. Great to see another pleased mind, and of course, Jean-Pierre Nicolas showing his passion for this little strip of land in the middle of the Atlantic...again :p

http://www.motorsport.com/erc/news/opinion-does-the-azores-boast-rallyings-most-spectacular-view-745062/

Fast Eddie WRC
8th June 2016, 12:07
I think its good to have a local driver win... nice for the local people and organisers who deserve some reward for their efforts.