PDA

View Full Version : Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo

MrJan
13th February 2016, 12:33
Anyone played this? Saw some comments on Steam that it was really good but I downloaded the demo and can't say I was too impressed. The stage design seemed decent but the handling was floaty and it didn't exactly sound good.

Jack4688`
13th February 2016, 16:46
Downloading it from steam now, hopefully it will confirm to me whether this is just a rehashed version of the WRC games. I'm not expecting much but I won't say no to free demo.

EightGear
13th February 2016, 17:47
Uninstalled it after 15 minutes.

Jack4688`
14th February 2016, 11:02
Same here

MrJan
14th February 2016, 15:01
The strange thing is that the Steam forums are full of people that love it and say the physics are great...but to me it didn't handle anything like I think a car should. Dirt Rally is a long way from being like the real thing, but it's difficult to be truly quick (although EightGear seems to make it look easy!) and is actually fun.

Jack4688`
14th February 2016, 17:27
If I worked for codemasters I'd have been expecting to be laughing all the way to the bank, but if enough people like this crap then I'd be a little worried. I can't fathom how anyone would like this, especially now that we don't have to settle for Milestone's offerings anymore with DiRT Rally being so much better.

It's not perfect, but combines a lot of what I liked about Colin McRae Rally, Colin McRae Rally 2.0 and Richard Burns Rally. The WRC titles and Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo are just poorly developed and a shameful excuse of what a motorsport game could be in 2016.