PDA

View Full Version : Trustford Online - Buying online

ilsit
15th December 2015, 22:19
Does anyone have any experience buying from Trustford online or a main dealership regarding unseen cars? I've seen a very low mileage car, just over a year old at a good price, but its 300 miles from me.

I don't fancy traveling down to view it due to the distance and from the pictures I've seen it looks immaculate, I've sent an email asking further questions about scratches and that sort of thing. The car can be delivered and if I'm not happy with it sent back within 14 days. Being direct from ford it comes with a the original 3 year warranty which will be finishing 2017ish (another question I've asked for further details)

So any tips from people who've bought a car unseen?

Thanks for any help.

Storm
16th December 2015, 16:04
Someone recommended a dealer to me recently when I was in the used car market....Apparently he has a very good reputation and was also a friend of the person who rec'd him. But still the fac ist that the proposed dealer was 100s of miles away and the car had to be bought unseen turned me off. Of course the car I ended up buying isn't by any means the perfect or best possible car in that range (the alternator conked out in 2 months :s ) but still somehow seeing and driving the car is still the best option imo.

Unless someone you trust/know well is within range and willing to drive/see the car for you?

Rollo
16th December 2015, 23:04
The now replaced Pug 206 that I had, I found online but I still went to the dealership and saw it in person.

Buying a car completely sight unseen is the way of madness. How do you check for things like leaks, sills, panel fit, tyre wear, or even how it runs. I would trust no-one to sell me a car without me seeing it first. I would also trust no-one else to look over the car for me. Even if the car came with NRMA (RAC, AA, etc.) certification or I sent the NRMA to check it over, I'd still want to look at it.
If I'm forking over many thousands of dollarpounds, then I want to see what I'm getting. Even if I'm only having over a tenner for a heap on wheels, I still want to see what I'm getting.

A vexillum aliena device - Caveat emptor!

D-Type
17th December 2015, 00:25
I bought my present car from a dealer's forecourt. It was my second choice of the cars on display. When I test drove the first car I found that it absolutely stank of dogs. There is no way that you can find out a problem like that other than by actually being in the car.

On the other hand, if the vendor is prepared to ship the car 300 miles with a "full refund in 14 days" warranty there can't be anything major wrong with the car.