PDA

View Full Version : DMACK World Rally Team

EstWRC
11th December 2015, 14:44
They have a 3 year plan so i figured to make a separate thread for the team and discuss the things here. :)

http://www.dmacktyres.com/dmack-tyres
http://www.dmacktyres.com/t-nak-rejoins-dmack-to-launch-first-ever-wrc-team-1

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/12342344_865166223582448_7502815928668167364_n.jpg ?oh=9a395707795342dd0398aa0b982fcd03&oe=56D9251B
http://planetemarcus.com/wordpress/wp-content/gallery/test-days-tanak-monte-carlo-2016/TestDays_Tanak_MonteCarlo16_1.jpg
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t31.0-8/12370653_695204203950088_6130336375463288012_o.png

Tänak said that they tested about 300km's and that they found two really good compounds. They will analyze the data with the engineers and after that Dmack can nominate the tyres for Monte. Raigo has said that on gravel the tyres are already pretty good and they hope to fight for podiums on gravel rallies.

Im super excited for the season to begin.Tarmac tyres seem to be their weak point, in Sweden this season Ketomaa and Brynildsen took 1-2 for Dmack but this is all from WRC2.

itix
12th December 2015, 09:16
Will this team be manned by Msport or by external people?

Francis44
12th December 2015, 11:07
Wilson already said that it will be mostly M-Sport people, he clearly said also even if the main team doesn't do the 14 rounds M-Sport will have to send employees to all of them anyways.

itix
12th December 2015, 17:57
Oh so he must very seriously be contemplating not contesting all the rounds then...
I thought it was just idle threats and that he would contest them anyway. He made a pretty positive economic result last year I read so I didn't think the finances were that bad at M-sport.

He'll have so many customers this year with Bertelli etc etc so I just took it as idle threats. Guess I was wrong.

Rally Power
12th December 2015, 19:14
Oh so he must very seriously be contemplating not contesting all the rounds then...

Funny, I see exactly (and hopefully) the opposite. DMack is in fact a paying B Team for Malcolm; with them and Bertelli (that'll skip only China) there's an obvious synergy that will enable MSport to decrease their own logistics costs.

Btw, great livery for DMack car: nice, simple and effective!

dimviii
12th December 2015, 20:52
Funny, I see exactly (and hopefully) the opposite. DMack is in fact a paying B Team for Malcolm; with them and Bertelli (that'll skip only China) there's an obvious synergy that will enable MSport to decrease their own logistics costs.

+1

itix
13th December 2015, 03:34

Btw, great livery for DMack car: nice, simple and effective!
So why would he in that case make the statement as if he had plans not to? (if I don't come, at least my people will...)

I mean by any form of logic and reason he should do as you say but... His statement indicates otherwise.

dimviii
13th December 2015, 11:15
So why would he in that case make the statement as if he had plans not to? (if I don't come, at least my people will...)

I mean by any form of logic and reason he should do as you say but... His statement indicates otherwise.

he always moans about ''tight'' budget because he is not a ''works'' team.He always looking for sponsors.

Fast Eddie WRC
17th December 2015, 16:32
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/12390944_697541060383069_8787993099733648247_n.jpg ?oh=bd2403beab70660a7708a764abd1fbfb&oe=5720219F

Northern Irish driver Jon Armstrong beat off challenges from nine other finalists to win the Vatanen Touch award at the Drive DMACK Fiesta shoot-out today. The 21-year-old is rewarded with a funded prize drive in next year’s Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy which takes place over five FIA World Rally Championship rallies. He will drive an M-Sport-prepared Ford Fiesta R2T.

The Vatanen Touch was created to allow private drivers to compete alongside the Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy regulars on individual events – providing an opportunity to gain experience of world rallies and assess their pace against the Trophy contenders.

One driver was nominated from each round along with competitors from the main Trophy who contested all five events.

Armstrong was selected as a finalist after a stunning performance on Rally Spain, where he set a series of solid times on his world rally debut. He beat off competition today from Australia’s Brendan Reeves, who finished a close second, UK drivers John MacCrone and Gus Greensmith and Finns Max Vatanen and Eerik Pietarinen.

The two-day assessment at M-Sport’s headquarters included physical and media tests before 2015 M-Sport World Rally Team driver Elfyn Evans scrutinised driving skills behind the wheel of a Ford Fiesta R2.

The competition was intense but after a series of interviews with DMACK and M-Sport representatives, who quizzed drivers on their personal development and competition plans for the future, Armstrong edged through to become the winner of the inaugural Vatanen Touch award.

Finalists
Jon Armstrong (UK) – Rally Spain nominee
Mats van den Brand (Netherlands)
Tom Cave (UK)
Kevin van Deijne (Netherlands)
Gus Greensmith (UK)
John MacCrone (UK) – Rally Deutschland nominee
Mikko-Ove Niinemae (Estonia) – Estonian DMACK Cup Winner
Eerik Pietarinen (Finland) – Rally Finland nominee
Brendan Reeves (Australia) – Wildcard
Max Vatanen (Finland)

Jon Armstrong said: “Winning this prize means the world to me. It’s a great opportunity for me to step up to the Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy next season and really make the most of it. Competing on Spain this year was fantastic and I’m really looking forward to more WRC events and proving to DMACK and M-Sport that they made the right choice.”

Malcolm Wilson OBE, M-Sport managing director, said: “I was really impressed with the quality and dedication of all the finalists and it demonstrates how eager our Fiesta drivers are to progress their careers. However, Jon shone through and I’m confident he will make the most of this excellent opportunity in next season’s Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy.”

Dick Cormack, DMACK managing director, said: “The success of the Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy has surpassed our expectations again this year and the Vatanen Touch is another way for us to reward private drivers and competitors who have supported our series. Jon has really impressed us today and we are looking forward to giving him our full support as he steps up to WRC action next season.”

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWbF4lEWcAAFFas.jpg

EstWRC
17th December 2015, 17:05
Van de brand again? Wasn't he competing last year too? He won if I remember right

MartijnS
17th December 2015, 20:47
Correct.

EstWRC
23rd December 2015, 16:16
DMACK Tyres ‏@DMACK_Tyres
Proudly presenting the all new DMACK DMT-RC2 asphalt tyre. We will run extra soft and soft compound on Monte Carlo.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CW6X8ztWYAE_USn.jpg

Mirek
23rd December 2015, 17:14
I wish DMack to get to the level of Michelin or Pirelli. They deserve some success for their determination.

traxx
26th December 2015, 11:10
So the tyres were not ready when they done the test with Tanak that's why they used mainly Michelin and Pirelli ?

tommeke_B
26th December 2015, 11:15
So the tyres were not ready when they done the test with Tanak that's why they used mainly Michelin and Pirelli ?

The only reason the Michelin and Pirelli tyres were there was for comparison, I think... We can only hope the new tarmac tyre is a lot better than the previous ones. :)

dimviii
26th December 2015, 13:28

probably they had several types/compounds of dmacks, and wanted to measure which one was closest to the benchmarks.

Simmi
26th December 2015, 13:52
The Tanak press release said they were taking loads of different Dmack tarmac compounds to try out.

traxx
27th December 2015, 10:37
That's the press release... In fact, they used really few Dmack tyres...

EstWRC
27th December 2015, 10:50
How do you know how much they used? You were there? They had 12 new compounds to test and like has been said here Tänak also drove with Pirellis and Michelin's for comparison.

There was a little interview with Tänak again couple a days ago and he said that the test gave him a lot of optimism and was like a early christmas present because Dmack has developed the tyre massively since last year and they are going to the right direction. i think he meant the tarmac tyres.

EstWRC
15th January 2016, 12:18
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYwej9nW8AAyYVX?format=png&name=large

EstWRC
15th January 2016, 13:37
From The other side, looks a lot better in the daylight in the previous post

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYwnjgWWYAA8fo-?format=pjpg&name=large

EstWRC
19th January 2016, 16:39
Team's preview http://www.dmacktyres.com/dmack-launches-wrc-campaign-with-new-tyre-range

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZF3BLeWcAACneT.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZFz8DyVAAAjIHg.jpg

EstWRC
24th January 2016, 15:53
Well done @OttTanak , DMACK’s best-ever result on Monte Carlo and our first-ever Manufacturer Points!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZe42xnWkAQXPNV.png

oh boy oh boy. A lot of work to be done but luckily there's a long gap to germany. I think Tänak did a very good job apart from the one mistake. I dont know what to expect from sweden, Ketomaa won there last year in wrc2 and was second in 2014 so it seems that the winter tyre is quite alright. The gravel tyre should be the best one. If it isnt then Tänak has a painful season ahead of him and very thin chance for 2017.

Tänak: It was a challenging weekend, from the two night time stages in the dark on Thursday to be mixed snowy conditions on Saturday. But we had a solid result and personally speaking, my driving was pretty much perfect - apart from just one small mistake!!!!!
I enjoyed the rally, we are making progress and seventh place on this rally is not a bad start to the championship. For sure we will work hard with DMACK to make even more progress for the next tarmac rally.
So thanks to Raigo and my ice note guys for getting out of bed early and doing a good job. Now the focus is on Sweden where I'm really looking forward to.
We've had nice support on this rally and I'm looking forward to seeing more Estonian fans in Sweden. Thanks everyone!!

Simmi
24th January 2016, 16:12
Fingers crossed for a good run in Sweden. Pretty crazy Ott had maybe the biggest off of the weekend but managed to bring it home.

EstWRC
25th January 2016, 16:42
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/business/industries/consumer/article4673208.ece

some GB forumers may be can see the full article and copy it here? Thank you!

EstWRC
5th February 2016, 13:15
Tough Technical Sweden Will Test Studded Tyres

Next week’s Rally Sweden, the only winter rally in the FIA World Rally Championship, is set to provide one of the toughest tests of the season for tyre manufacturer DMACK and its customers.

Snow and ice-covered roads demand a very special tyre, with numerous technical variables all contributing to the end performance. DMACK has updated its DMG-ICE tyre, which has already proved its potential taking Jari Ketomaa and Eyvind Brynildsen to a dominant 1-2 in WRC 2 last season, with a number of tweaks to boost its performance even further.

The unique V-style tread pattern remains. allowing the tyre to be used on either side of the car and giving drivers enhanced flexibility. However, DMACK has made a few modifications to the compound and studding system to improve grip, traction and all-important stud retention.

Each tyre is equipped with 384 metal pins which bite into the frozen surfaces and provide impressive grip. But warmer temperatures next week in Sweden look likely to increase exposed gravel on many stages, especially on second pass, which rips studs from the tyres.

Studded winter tyres are designed specifically to deliver high levels of traction on snow and frozen roads but the absence of ice is likely to play havoc with stud retention and force drivers to cleverly manage tyre allocations during the event.

DMACK World Rally Team drivers Ott Tänak and Raigo Mõlder are looking forward to tackling the high-speed Sweden tests in their Ford Fiesta RS WRC. They will be hoping to build on their seventh place on round one at Monte Carlo, which also placed the DMACK team fifth in the race for the manufacturer world title.

It’s also the opening rally in the WRC 2 campaign for the Drive DMACK Trophy Team. Norwegians Marius Aasen and Veronica Engan, current Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy champions, take up their prize drive at the wheel of an M-Sport-run Fiesta R5. They are joined by Estonian Sander Pärn and Welsh co-driver James Morgan, winners of the one-make series in 2014.

The event is the only winter rally of the season and has moved base further south to the city of Karlstad this year. The action gets underway with a popular blast around Karlstad’s trotting track, which attracts thousands of fans, on Thursday evening.

Much of Friday’s action takes place in Norway with a remote service, while Saturday and Sunday stages are based around last year’s host town Hagfors. A quarter of the tests are new and the rally features no mid-day service at all – placing even more pressure on crews to have a mistake free run. They will tackle 21 timed stages and 331km of competitive action.

Dick Cormack, DMACK managing director, said: “This is our sixth Rally Sweden and you never know what the event will bring - it is a hugely demanding rally for tyres. DMACK had an excellent result last year with a strong first and second in WRC 2 and our tyre really suited those conditions, but this year is looking much different with almost no snow. We’ve made a few performance tweaks to the DMG-ICE winter tyre but, if the conditions are above freezing as predicted, then it’s going to be very difficult with stud retention. A clever strategy to manage tyres will be critical."

Ott Tänak said: “I really like Rally Sweden, it’s usually an enjoyable event and a fast rally where you can get a really nice feeling. Hopefully we will have enough snow this year but I remember even last year the second pass had lots of gravel and it was very tough on tyres. It will take some clever driving to manage the situation.”

EstWRC
14th February 2016, 17:29
yay! Great result! The tire worked well when the conditions were like they must be at sweden rally but total nightmare on frozen gravel. Shame because i think Tänak would have gotten podium here. Great drive from him, absolutely no mistakes and pushed when the tire worked but couldnt do nothing about saturday!

This is what Tänak said to Raigo in estonian at the end of Vargasen1 (which was the worst stage): "I have never in my life driven with such a bad things like these at winter rally, we lost a minute here"

Next up are gravel rallies which should suit them best!

Grundo Farb
15th February 2016, 05:42
This is what Tänak said to Raigo in estonian at the end of Vargasen1 (which was the worst stage): "I have never in my life driven with such a bad things like these at winter rally, we lost a minute here"

Ott should be careful then what he says at the end of stages. His employer wouldn't be too impressed by comments like that. He will need to 'tread' carefully for the rest of the season and shouldn't complain publicly about the tyres. Theirry did that with Hyundai and lost some respect.

EstWRC
15th February 2016, 09:29
Publicly he hasnt said anything bad at all. This was a conversation between him and Raigo in the car in estonian. And i doubt Dmack would be that mad at Ott because they know where they are with their tyres compared to others.

EstWRC
16th February 2016, 08:23
Dmack to make a factory in Carlisle
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/New-500-job-tyre-factory-planned-for-Carlisle-2e9ad70b-48d3-4756-8829-0914bb084c9f-ds

EstWRC
26th February 2016, 13:25
Preivew for Mexico

http://www.dmacktyres.com/mexico--s-multiple-highs-to-deliver-ultra-challenge

EstWRC
1st March 2016, 14:09
Some interviews in estonian media with Tänak before rally mexico and he says that there will be new gravel tyre from rally Portugal. He says they just have to survive these two southern american rallies, whatever that means.

EstWRC
7th March 2016, 07:31
horrible tyre performance, i dont even have words for this. Watched some onboards from Tänak in wrc+ and he is like riding with slicks on ice.

Sulland
7th March 2016, 08:50
Dmack to make a factory in Carlisle
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/New-500-job-tyre-factory-planned-for-Carlisle-2e9ad70b-48d3-4756-8829-0914bb084c9f-ds

Good to see an Industry leader that see that not everything needs to be made in Asia, and understands that Europe will not survive without jobs, And we can not all be bachelor and masters.....

EstWRC
25th April 2016, 08:26
Team's press release

DMACK Beats World’s Best On Landmark WRC Rally
DMACK celebrated the end of an era in style when Ott Tänak set a final-day fastest stage time on the last ever FIA World Rally Championship event for its Chinese-made gravel tyres.

Tänak and co-driver Raigo Mõlder scored a series of top stage times for the DMACK World Rally Team over the weekend and even staged an early challenge for the overall rally lead at this weekend’s Rally Argentina.
Over 65,000 eager rally fans crammed into the 16.32km El Condor – Copina stage today to witness Tänak beat the world’s best – even with an intense final day battle for the rally victory going on around him. Conditions were some of the toughest of the weekend but, despite the disadvantage of running first on the road, DMACK’s DMG+2 gravel tyre excelled in the soft surfaces.

Tänak went a full three seconds clear at the top – the stage victory was DMACK’s first since 2012 when Evgeny Novikov topped the time-sheets at Rally de Espana.
Tänak and Mõlder had already set the stages alight over the weekend and were consistently the fastest Ford crew in their Fiesta RS WRC. They were on the pace from the very first blast through the streets of Cordoba on Thursday evening after setting third fastest time to hold an overnight position just 0.1 seconds adrift of the lead.

Their run continued on Friday when crews headed south for a loop of stages around the Santa Rosa valley. However, after completing stage four with a broken alternator belt and making extensive repairs after the finish, they were unable to make it to the next test – their Fiesta grinding to a halt on the road section.
But they returned on Saturday to stage a remarkable comeback – jumping six places up the leaderboard as they stormed through the rocky roads around host town Villa Carlos Paz. An inspiring drive today over the lunar landscape at El Condor saw them top the time-sheets to maintain both their and DMACK’s championship challenges.

The fourth round of the world series took DMACK to the only South American round of the championship, home to the firm’s best ever WRC result of fourth in 2012. Its DMG+2 tyres have traditionally performed well in the soft, sandy surfaces but it’s all change for the future as part of the company’s drive to attract a manufacturer team for next season.

Since becoming an official tyre supplier to the WRC in 2011, DMACK tyres have been designed in the UK but manufactured in China. However, all future WRC tyres will be made in the UK in a bid to ramp up both development and performance and mount a serious challenge to Michelin and Pirelli.

Dick Cormack, DMACK managing director, said: “This event marks the end of an era for DMACK and the start of an exciting future for us. It means a lot to everyone involved to score a fastest time – proving our tyre can compete with other manufacturers on the same cars. We’ve been working hard on development and I’m confident we can give Ott the products he needs to demonstrate both his and our ability during the rest of the season. The WRC is a fantastic platform for us and we really enjoy the intense rivalry and competition it provides.”

Ott Tänak said: “It was disappointing to retire on Friday but we had a really good weekend here in Argentina. I was pushing hard everywhere I could and the times showed, we were fastest Ford in the stages. I really enjoyed the rally, it was great fun and amazing to see so many fans on the stages. Now, with the new tyres coming for Portugal, I’m really motivated and looking forward to that event.”

shame about the alternator problem, Tänak woud have been fifth instead of Ostberg for sure. But the good thing is the old spec tyre was sent into retirement with a stage win and other stage times were quite good also.

The new tyres should be quite a lot better but how much better, we will see in a month.

Fast Eddie WRC
26th April 2016, 16:23
You cant judge anything from Tanak's times in Argentina as he was on Rally2 most of the time. He had nothing to lose by pushing. The stage he won was in no way representative, just down to road position & weather.

EstWRC
26th April 2016, 16:38
lol...whatever

Fast Eddie WRC
4th May 2016, 21:48
Great argument. Try facts. Ostberg (Fiesta WRC) more than double Tanak's points now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cg_F7CcWkAcujrQ.jpg

EstWRC
5th May 2016, 21:27
What the hell is this? You cant get over the FACT that Ostberg was slow in Argentina?

When i said that Tänak showed good stage times then i was comparing him to the leaders not with Ostberg. And his times were very good considering there was a big fight for the lead, so its not like Tänak was the only one pushing and the others were cruising. Yeah he started from back but he is on worse tyres. You said that Tänak had nothing to lose. He had much to lose because if he would have crashed then everyone would have said that he crashed again.

If you want some facts then i can give you some:

Tänak was already ahead of Ostberg before his alternator problem.
On Saturday Tänak lost 56 seconds to Paddon, Ostberg lost 1:49.7.
On Sunday Tänak lost 1:01.5 to Ogier, Ostberg lost 1:26.0.

For me these facts are meaningless because they are on different tyres but you said "Try facts" so i tried some.

Fast Eddie WRC
6th May 2016, 18:55
So what ? Ostberg leads in the WDC - that's what matters, not one rally.

And I didnt say Ostberg wasnt slow, just that Tanak's speed was largely meaningless. Tanak goes fast and then either crashes or breaks his car.
Ostberg is smart and drives for points when he cant compete for podiums.

I like Tanak and support him as a Ford driver and hope he comes back to M-Sport as he is better than Camilli on the evidence. But I dont think he will be a better bet than Ostberg for the team for scoring points.

Mirek
6th May 2016, 19:07
The only issue with Ostberg is that he is solid No.2 driver who by some accident ended in No.1 seat. That's all.

If You ask me than I would put Tänak as No.1 with Ostberg as No.2 any day. But of course it's not easy to be No.1 driver with Camilli as No.2...

EstWRC
6th May 2016, 22:37
So what ? Ostberg leads in the WDC - that's what matters, not one rally.

And I didnt say Ostberg wasnt slow, just that Tanak's speed was largely meaningless. Tanak goes fast and then either crashes or breaks his car.
Ostberg is smart and drives for points when he cant compete for podiums.

I like Tanak and support him as a Ford driver and hope he comes back to M-Sport as he is better than Camilli on the evidence. But I dont think he will be a better bet than Ostberg for the team for scoring points.

hopeless.

how can you compare them in championship standings if they are on different tyres? If they would be both on Michelin's then i would agree with you. i would like to see how far Ostberg would get with Dmack tyres. i seriously doubt he would show these kind of results what Tänak is showing and for sure he wouldnt be so far ahead in the standings.

AL14
9th May 2016, 10:05
I thought I would never have said this but after so much talking about Ostberg I start to miss the discussions about Kubica.

Apologies for the OT.

Carbon
9th May 2016, 11:59
There is no doubt that Ott is alot faster driven than Østberg. Even Malcolm knows and accept that. It's last year with Ford anyway for Mads. Ott is now grown-up WRC driver. Second season on the row with WRC, what about Østberg? Østberg is no 2. Driver, Tänak have truly fast raw speed in every situation if needed and have material of world champion. So you will eat your lips for sure next year if he is with proper tyres and car. Thanks for your attention.

nafpaktos
9th May 2016, 22:41
No he has no speed in every situation.Also this year he has no pressure cause he is not <factory>driver like last year.About the material you say to be a world champion i don't know.This was obvious to drivers like makinen,loeb,ogier and maybe to paddon.Personally i like Ott cause he is fast and he does not love speaking a lot,he loves just to drive.

Fast Eddie WRC
10th May 2016, 23:45
I thought I would never have said this but after so much talking about Ostberg I start to miss the discussions about Kubica.

Apologies for the OT.

He's this years whipping boy for many.
Facing the 6 factory drivers with superior teams and cars I dont know what they expect...

Even getting points to be standing 3rd.. he's still slaughtered.

And of course the Tanak fan here cant accept that he took his MSport place... or was it Camilli... ?

Tanak didnt do enough with the chance he had (like Evans) so cant complain. He' s lucky he still has a WRC car not dropped to an R5.. And he has no big team expectation and a ready-made excuse of his tyres..

Tanak cant lose.

Ostberg cant win.

dimviii
11th May 2016, 13:51
He's this years whipping boy for many.
Facing the 6 factory drivers with superior teams and cars I dont know what they expect...

he was factory driver at citroen

EstWRC
13th May 2016, 13:28
Team press release

DMACK Introduces Upgraded Gravel Tyres For Portugal

FIA World Rally Championship tyre supplier DMACK will bring a new range of UK-made gravel tyres to next week’s Vodafone Rally de Portugal, round five of the world series. And, for the first time, the British firm has developed products specifically for both world rally cars and R5 specification machines.
The FIA regulations allow tyre manufacturers to change the specification of homologated tyres once during the season. DMACK has taken the opportunity to introduce new soft and hard options of its DMG+2 tyre for both WRC and WRC 2 competitors.

The DMACK World Rally Team crew of Ott Tänak and co-driver Raigo Mõlder ensured the old tyre went out on a high after setting fastest time through the iconic El Condor stage on the final day of Rally Argentina last month. And they will be aiming for a repeat performance in Portugal – on stages they like and remember well from last season.

For WRC cars like Tänak’s Ford Fiesta RS WRC, DMACK has introduced two new compounds, the GS61 soft and the GH21 hard – with the hard being nominated as the primary choice next week. WRC drivers are permitted a maximum of 24 pieces over the weekend.
In WRC 2, the Drive DMACK Trophy Team is fielding two M-Sport-run Ford Fiesta R5 cars. Last year’s Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy winners Marius Aasen and Veronica Engan from Norway will be joined by Estonians Sander Pärn and new co-driver Martin Järveoja for round two of their campaign.
Both crews haven’t competed since Rally Sweden in February but will be looking to use their experience of this event in 2015 to score a solid finish in WRC 2. They will test on Monday to finalise preparation ahead of the event.

WRC 2 competitors will also use the GS61 soft compound gravel tyre alongside the all-new GH42 hard option – developed specifically for R5 cars. They have a maximum of 22 tyres to use during the event. The DMG+2 tyre has traditionally been a top performer on soft surfaces but it’s also been designed to offer durability on the abrasive roads in northern Portugal.

The roads around the Porto and Fafe regions will see competitors tackle a mix of fast, sandy tracks alongside some technical roads over a mountain area. The region has a crazy base of motorsport fans and organisers are expecting the stages to be swamped with spectators eager to catch the action.
After a start in Guimares on Thursday night and a 3.36km super-special stage at Lousada, the rally moves north for a three-stage loop near the Spanish border on Friday. Saturday includes two passes over the 37.67km Amarante test to the east before Sunday sees the return of the iconic Fafe stage, which is steeped in WRC history.

Dick Cormack, DMACK managing director, said: “We’ve had a number of strong events so far this year but Portugal marks the start of the traditional European summer rounds. After a series of tests earlier this year, we’ve decided upon new specifications for our gravel tyres and, importantly, developed products specific to WRC 2 cars. We’re looking forward to debuting our new products next week on some tough and technical stages.”

Ott Tänak said: “Rally Portugal is one of my favourite events of the season and I’ve done the rally quite a few times now. Since moving north it’s still a relatively new event but the stages are identical to last year so that’s a benefit. I’m looking forward to see how the new tyres perform but we’ve still got a bit to learn and the pace this year in WRC is pretty fast – but once again we will be driving as hard as we can.”

Marius Aasen said: “I’m really looking forward to the rally, my first gravel event in the Fiesta R5 this year. I remember how rough the roads were last year and we had to be very careful in the R2 car, so this will be a much different experience. We’re testing on Monday so that will be very important to get back up to speed again as we haven’t been competing since Sweden in Febraury. It’s also the first time we are using pacenotes from last year so it will be good to have two proper recce runs.”

Sander Pärn said: “It’s my second season with the R5 car and we’re aiming to improve on the pace from last year. I’ve got a new co-driver for this season and our aim is to really give this our best shot right from the start – so it’s a benefit that the stages are the same as last year. We haven’t done much since Sweden but I will be doing driving in Estonia today and then we have a test in Portugal on Monday.”

EstWRC
14th May 2016, 16:52
There have been some interviews with Tänak from different estonian newspapers in a month or so.

Some things about the tyres: His roll is to give exact feedback how the tyre works and what has to be changed. The focus is the main package, that the tyre would be better as a whole package.

He says too fast tyre wear has never been the problem for the Dmack. The problem is opposite, the tyre doesnt wear quick enough and doesnt have a good grip on hard surface (i guess some kind of right layer has to come out?) .

On soft surface the tyre works better because there is a bigger role in the tyre pattern which bites into soft surface better.

After the last test he says that the grip is much better but rallies are different and he doesnt know how universal their tyres are. The biggest job was to find a compromise between grip and stability. They have been testing all types of tyres in the last 3-4 months, gravel, winter tyre and tarmac tyre and have been making progress with all of them.

EstWRC
22nd May 2016, 09:07
Amazing job by the team developing the tyre. It seems it is quite good now but still a way to go because on the longer stage it overheated and it seems that Tänak still has to push very hard to keep up with the boys.

Very Very happy about the progress but so angry that this mess on stage 5 caused the retirement and they could test the tyre only for four stages. Also a good result wasted. Top 4 for sure I think :(.

Mariusz
23rd May 2016, 18:08
I thought they tested the new tire extensively, so why they didn't catch that it would overheat on longer stages and as a consequence hamper driver's time?

EstWRC
23rd May 2016, 19:20
I had the same question but I have understood that most of the testing has been done in factory. Or they didn't get to test them with hot weather, the last test was on muddy conditions.

The thing is that the team has just 14 test days because Tänak is the only driver. Last year he and Evans had 40 test days in m-sport.

dimviii
23rd May 2016, 19:27
its not that they didnt know that they will have problems with heat,and long stages.Of course they know it.
The problem is the dont know how to fix it.
All the B brands of tyres are very close at low temps (asphalt mud and gravel) with A brand tyres.
The problem is when heat climbs and the stages are long so you have to control the wear.
At hotter rallies the difference will be more.

Mariusz
23rd May 2016, 19:34
And Portugal wasn't actually very hot. Also, do I remember correctly that they nominated hard compound for Portugal? So does anybody know if Tanak was on hards when the overheating supposedly happened?

EstWRC
23rd May 2016, 19:37
No, he was on softs.

I guess dimviii is right. Tänak said that he doesn't expect to be that fast in Sardinia because of the hotter temperatures.

bluuford
23rd May 2016, 22:45
I red out a bit differently. these are new tyres and he didnt know exactly how they behave. Remember, the tyres didnt wear out, next stage he was fast again. The problem was that they overheated too quickly and started to move too much under the car. So, on the longer stages he needs to be less agressive not to overheat tyres so much and then the performance last until the end of stage. So, it was the first experience in competition mode and now he knows it better. Lets see how reacts in competition conditions in next rally And we do not know much about the harder tyre performance yet.

Munkvy
24th May 2016, 01:58
There is so many variables with tyres, especially new ones you have limited experience with.

It could be that the soft is good short distance and the hard is better on the longer distance. And that stage was followed by shorter stages, so over 3 stages the soft suited more of the stages, so he went with that compromise, knowing he would loose time on the long stage.

It could also be that the soft is good long distance, if it's cold enough. And that hard is only good in heat. And so again, a compromise, too cold for the hard, but not cold enough for the soft. You can't get 2 tyres that will suit every environment.

It could be as simple as car setup to suit the tyre too. The temps and pressures in the softs may come up faster than the hards (quite possible) and over a longer stage they went off the acceptable range, so he had to slow to manage them so they weren't destroyed for later stages where they are better suited.

There is many variables with tyres and not a black and white situation. And you can't always test every scenario beforehand.

EstWRC
24th May 2016, 08:24
Yeah, you guys are right. That's why it's shame that they couldn't get more information about the tyres. But the season is still long .

The stages in Sardinia are mostly under 20kms but the surface and the Heat are much harder.

Fast Eddie WRC
5th June 2016, 13:59
DMack have entered Tanak for Ypres Rally... interesting !

EstWRC
5th June 2016, 14:06
testing purpose like in 2014 with barum rally

DMACK Tyres
We've entered Ott Tanak and Raigo Molder for Ypres Rally later this month. Hoping to build on our series of fastest stage times on asphalt at Circuit of Ireland after more tyre development.

press release for Sardinia http://www.dmacktyres.com/serious-sardinia-provides-gruelling-gravel-action

bluuford
13th June 2016, 07:04
So, another 5th place, despite some problems witrh tyres. I think they can be a bit positive as well. We have Poland, Finland, GB and Australia as pure gravel rallies and Spain as one day on gravel (in autumn). If we look at the perfomance of the tyres then we can see that early morning when the temperature was lower, Ott won a stage and there were much smaller problems with tyres, so, I expect that it was the hardest rally for them (the most abrasive roads, slow speeds, many corners, easy to overheat tyres). Polan is soft, sandy, fast and most likely, the weather is not too hot, moreover, faster speed cools tyres better.
Finland is on harder roads but temperature is likely to be quite low, same to GB and Australia where they have early spring on that time. Spain will be also in autumn and most probably, less problem with tyre wear. Lets see what they can do with tarmac tyres. They have now two days test in Italy and the Ypres rally :)

EstWRC
13th June 2016, 07:45
Yeah, i agree that this was probably the hardest rally for the tyres. Tänak at least said so that this was on of the hardest rallies in his career and i think he means tire wise. 5th is a great result with all these problems he had.

i expect podium speed in Poland and Finland but i have absolutely no expectations for tarmac rallies. i think we can get some kind of picture of the tarmac tyres in Ypres but i dont expect miracles.

dimviii
14th June 2016, 14:25

Just about to start our asphalt test, got a lot to get through today!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ck5Cd63WgAQSBZ5.jpg

EstWRC
4th July 2016, 14:33
wow, what a weekend. different emotions of course, utterly disappointed but also happy. before the rally i was hoping that they can fight for podium but to fight for victory was unbelievable. The disappointment is huge because the win was so close! it would have been amazing achievement for the team.

Anyway, off to finland now where it also should be good. im there and therefore it would be even better if Tänak wins there :p. Ott promises payback http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/july-2016/tanak-payback/page/3705--12-12-.html

https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13567143_10154349255739973_7799436507567643165_n.j pg?oh=2c5466e93e14baddf8b610e010d03cd9&oe=57EF1E42

Fast Eddie WRC
4th July 2016, 16:36
Do you know the set-up of the DMack WRT team... is it really all M-Sport but just using DMack tyres & tyre people ?

M-Sport still consider Tanak as 'one of theirs' on their social media and Wilson was following Tanak's performance looking for the win in Poland.

I notice there are no M-Sport logos on the car though...

EstWRC
4th July 2016, 21:21
its all m-sport with just dmack tyres. Tänak even has the same enginer, mechanics etc as last year.

Barreis
6th July 2016, 16:14
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/125159

EstWRC
11th July 2016, 13:45
Nice article about Dmack http://raig0.planet.ee/kavad/autosport/Autosport%20-%207%20July%202016.pdf

starts page 34

b3637853
14th July 2016, 09:41
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/125272/dmack-wants-works-team-or-second-car-in-2017

Evans and Tanak could score some strong points together. They've definitely developed since M-Sport days.

EstWRC
3rd August 2016, 17:08
The new tyre is fast but two punctures at one rally is much if they want to get good results. If my calculations are right then without problems Tänak would have been definetly second or even leading after day one and on third day before the crash he would have been 20 secs from Meeke.

Now on to tarmac rallies and i dont know what to expect. I just hope that those rallies wont be just about surviving. In Monte Tänak lost 10 minutes to Ogier but Monte isnt pure tarmac rally. The reports from tests werent good. We will see.

tommeke_B
3rd August 2016, 18:20
A tyre doesn't puncture itself...

Mariusz
3rd August 2016, 18:34
A tyre doesn't puncture itself...
Some tires can handle more, some less. Don't always blame the driver.

tommeke_B
3rd August 2016, 18:56
Some tires can handle more, some less. Don't always blame the driver.

True, but I've seen Tänak plenty of times let's say 2x as sideways as many other drivers, exposing the side-walls of the tyres much more than any other driver. Seen this not only in Finland, but also in Poland, Sardinia etc... Let's agree he's the one who always has "bad luck", a bit like Petter Solberg had 10x more bad luck than Loeb (who was driving the same tyres). ;)

Mariusz
3rd August 2016, 19:39
I can even agree that Ott often drives very aggressive, sometimes pushing the car, the tires and even himself over the limit ;) His times were great on the last 2 events though and I'm assuming that he made a lot of people happy.

Lundefaret
3rd August 2016, 20:09
True, but I've seen Tänak plenty of times let's say 2x as sideways as many other drivers, exposing the side-walls of the tyres much more than any other driver. Seen this not only in Finland, but also in Poland, Sardinia etc... Let's agree he's the one who always has "bad luck", a bit like Petter Solberg had 10x more bad luck than Loeb (who was driving the same tyres). ;)

When the Petter/Loeb-duel was going on at its most fierce (03, 04) Petter was on Pirellis and Loeb on Michelins.
Michelin came out with their "super tire" in 2004.
Big difference between then and now is that they where running with mouse, so a puncture wasnt that crucial (Petters Ouninpohja record was set with a punctured front, something not possible today.

Michelin went with a softer tire and softer core structure than Pirelli. The same is happening now with Dmack vs Michelin. In some back to back tests rumour has it that the Dmacks have been up to 0,5 sec pr km faster than the Michelin (Rumour), but they are off course stretching the envelope when it comes to withstanding punctures and also in regards to wear.
Dmacks hard is softer and wear rate is higher than Michelins hard, same with soft.

EstWRC
3rd August 2016, 20:20
Of course it all is Tänak's fault....weird that he didn't have any punctures last season when he was driving with michelins...

tommeke_B
3rd August 2016, 20:21
About Petter I'm mostly referring to his last seasons (especially the last with Ford), but you are right. It would be very interesting if the DMack tyre is so much faster.. Next year will be a completely new story with the more powerful cars anyway. I'm wondering what will happen to regulations, if they'll stick to only one hard and soft for all types of 4WD cars together, or if they'll allow different tyres for R5. The commitment from DMack is extreme, and great for our sport, I hope they'll succeed in whatever they try to accomplish with rallying. :)

Mariusz
4th August 2016, 01:12
Of course it all is Tänak's fault....weird that he didn't have any punctures last season when he was driving with michelins...
Some people were blaming Kubica all the time last year when his tires were going off the rims. So take it easy, everybody who wants to know will figure out that Michelin and DMack are not the same tires and they give advantages in certain circumstances, but are also weaker in other things.

Lundefaret
4th August 2016, 08:26
About Petter I'm mostly referring to his last seasons (especially the last with Ford), but you are right. It would be very interesting if the DMack tyre is so much faster.. Next year will be a completely new story with the more powerful cars anyway. I'm wondering what will happen to regulations, if they'll stick to only one hard and soft for all types of 4WD cars together, or if they'll allow different tyres for R5. The commitment from DMack is extreme, and great for our sport, I hope they'll succeed in whatever they try to accomplish with rallying. :)

I have to stress that the speed advantage of te Dmacks is a rumour, and I dont want to imply taking something away from Tänak. He is improving a lot, and its great to see.
But starting order and tires has a lot to say, and when Ogier on an absolute max attack can't even get a single Power Stage Point, that says a lot.
But rallying after 2004 have in my opinion never been more exiting than it is now. On the contrary to former "paying drivers times" we have now drivers that ca take advantage of that starting position and even win from it. This has been a long time coming, and is great for the sport.
With new regulations - for better or for worse they are definitely getting to be the tak of the town - WRC is having a resurgence, so this is great :)

Lundefaret
4th August 2016, 08:29

When a driver has a puncture its 99 times out of a 100 the drivers fault. The drivers needs to know the limits of not only the tires, but the suspension, gearbox, engine, etc etc.
Its like if you are running, and you see a short cut going over a km of broken glass, you know that your soles won't take it, so you won't take that short cut.
Tina is a great driver, but he is in deep need of being able to adjust speed and risk level. He is moving forward, so thats positive :)

AMSS
4th August 2016, 08:48
When the Petter/Loeb-duel was going on at its most fierce (03, 04) Petter was on Pirellis and Loeb on Michelins.
Michelin came out with their "super tire" in 2004.
Big difference between then and now is that they where running with mouse, so a puncture wasnt that crucial (Petters Ouninpohja record was set with a punctured front, something not possible today.

Michelin went with a softer tire and softer core structure than Pirelli. The same is happening now with Dmack vs Michelin. In some back to back tests rumour has it that the Dmacks have been up to 0,5 sec pr km faster than the Michelin (Rumour), but they are off course stretching the envelope when it comes to withstanding punctures and also in regards to wear.
Dmacks hard is softer and wear rate is higher than Michelins hard, same with soft.

I`ve been to countless tire test and I see no reason that the 0,5s/k can`t be true, the more interesting question is for how long a distance it`s faster before it starts to loose time, and how rapidly it looses time. As we saw in Sardinia Tänak lost alot when he lost the thread completely so even though it was faster in the end he lost alot of time. As Dmack even openly admits they have made the tire basically for 3 events Poland, Finland and GB. This has to be considered a smart move since they gain alot of media time when Tänak is in the top even parts of the rallies.. Michelin have made their tyre to cover a complete season and they are stronger still over a year. But it`s great to see Dmack has lifted the level alot and it must force Michelin to make more development in the performance area for next season

Mirek
4th August 2016, 08:50
Some people were blaming Kubica all the time last year when his tires were going off the rims. So take it easy, everybody who wants to know will figure out that Michelin and DMack are not the same tires and they give advantages in certain circumstances, but are also weaker in other things.

Actually it's the other way around. Everybody has to know limits of things he uses simply because it doesn't help anything to push like hell and have a puncture every second stage. In the end the puncture is near always a result of driving.

itix
4th August 2016, 09:35
But rallying after 2004 have in my opinion never been more exiting than it is now. On the contrary to former "paying drivers times" we have now drivers that ca take advantage of that starting position and even win from it. This has been a long time coming, and is great for the sport.
With new regulations - for better or for worse they are definitely getting to be the tak of the town - WRC is having a resurgence, so this is great :)

Couldn't agree more!

dimviii
4th August 2016, 12:36
I`ve been to countless tire test and I see no reason that the 0,5s/k can`t be true, the more interesting question is for how long a distance it`s faster before it starts to loose time, and how rapidly it looses time. As we saw in Sardinia Tänak lost alot when he lost the thread completely so even though it was faster in the end he lost alot of time. As Dmack even openly admits they have made the tire basically for 3 events Poland, Finland and GB. This has to be considered a smart move since they gain alot of media time when Tänak is in the top even parts of the rallies.. Michelin have made their tyre to cover a complete season and they are stronger still over a year. But it`s great to see Dmack has lifted the level alot and it must force Michelin to make more development in the performance area for next season

very well said.

Mariusz
4th August 2016, 18:04
Actually it's the other way around. Everybody has to know limits of things he uses simply because it doesn't help anything to push like hell and have a puncture every second stage. In the end the puncture is near always a result of driving.
But going slower doesn't guarantee not having punctures. And it would no point for Dmack to finish last in WRC, just to minimize risk of punctures. They are here to get publicity and as the result to sell more tires, you can't achieve this by going slow.

EstWRC
10th August 2016, 09:40
DMACK Launches New WRC Asphalt Tyre Range

Building on its recent success in the FIA World Rally Championship, DMACK has launched a new range of Tarmac tyres ahead of next week's ADAC Rallye Deutschland – the first all-asphalt round of the series.
Playing its mid-season joker, which permits the firm to homologate a new specification asphalt tyre, DMACK will debut a revised version of its dry weather DMT-RC2 along with the all-new DMT-W full wet pattern.

Competitors tackling the tricky German round of the world series will have access to two new dry compounds in the DMT-RC, a soft S5+ and the hard H5+. Both feature upgraded constructions and the latest compounding technology - the result of four months testing and development.

Alongside the dry pattern, and in response to new FIA regulations to enhance safety in wet weather, DMACK has also launched the all-new DMT-W. Designed specifically to cope with standing water and wet asphalt, the symmetrical pattern features deep grooves to clear water but still retains large surface blocks, allowing it to be used in drying conditions.

The new British-built products have been developed as part of DMACK's technical and manufacturing partnership with the Avon Motorsport arm of Cooper Tire, using the same principles that have seen its recently upgraded gravel tyres take 16 WRC stage victories over the last three events.
While the new range offers enhanced performance, the development of a leading asphalt tyre is more complex and long-term than a gravel equivalent and DMACK will develop its DMT-RC2 product even further during the remainder of the season.

Dick Cormack, DMACK managing director, said: "At the start of the season we outlined our intent to take DMACK to the next level through testing and product development. We've proved our ability with the gravel tyres and we've been working intently on the asphalt products. Our new range is a significant step forward and, while targeted initially at WRC, will provide a viable option for regional and national championships."

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13996206_812786835525157_700461625990072600_o.jpg

EstWRC
22nd August 2016, 11:18
Shame about the alternator problem, Tänak was driving well and 5th would have been a great debut result for the new tarmac tyre. Still a lot of work to do but i feared a lot worse and Ott seemed to be positively surprised about the performance.

Dick Cormack, DMACK motorsport director, said: “Our technical and development team has been working hard to improve the asphalt tyres range and, as we’ve seen with our gravel products, it’s really starting to pay off. It’s a major milestone for DMACK and really gives us the platform in our quest to supply a manufacturer next season.”

Ott Tänak, DMACK World Rally Team driver, said: “I’m quite impressed with the new tyres and it’s a big step forward with performance. We had a good feeling right from the beginning and decided to have a push. On the dry stages everything was good, working well and that allowed us to set some very good times. It’s certainly a positive step for the future.”

https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13996297_10154018371553090_606776909901067788_o.jp g

EstWRC
27th September 2016, 18:09
Team press release http://www.dmacktyres.com/corsican-competition-debut-for-dmack

im expecting a nightmare weekend for them...the stages are very long and the surface is abrasive so i would be surprised if Tänak would get into TOP8. i hope it rains and a lot.

Kaps
28th September 2016, 18:30
Is the team nominated for Manu' points or not?

On different siites, different entry lists, with Tanak nominated on some of them, then not nominated on others...

BigWorm
2nd October 2016, 16:23
Still seem to struggle on tarmac. Tänak is a good tarmac driver and he showed that in Germany, but he was well off the pace this rally. Maybe the stages were to long for the tyres to cope with?

EstWRC
2nd October 2016, 16:26
Yes, i said the reasons some posts ago and it exactly went like that. a mountain to climb with the tarmac tyres.

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd October 2016, 18:28
Do we expect Tanak to move back to M-Sport in 2017... are there any other realistic possibilities ?

And Evans to DMack WRC in 2017 ?

EstWRC
3rd October 2016, 19:15
Yes, Tänak back to main team...i dont know what will exactly happen with the dmack team. Evans for sure has a good chance because he is already in their team in British Championship.

Simmi
3rd October 2016, 20:17
The talk a while back was they might look at two cars in 2017 if M-Sport remained with Michelin. Or it could all become one team.

But then again there was that Autosport report of a second car for Brynildsen that was supposed to happen this year but never did...

EstWRC
11th October 2016, 08:13
Team preview http://www.dmacktyres.com/dual-surface-challenge-for-dmack-in-spain

Im expecting a strong friday, i wouldnt be surprised if Tänak will be in TOP3 after Friday if the temperatures stay low...the tarmac stages should be also better because they are shorter and smoother and if the weather is like Bluuford said then i think we may see some very strong times on tarmac too.

EstWRC
30th October 2016, 19:54
so happy for the team! if in the beginning of the season somebody had said that Tänak would be so close winning some rallies and at one rally he will get most stage wins, i would have laughed and said you care crazy! Funny how many times the michelin drivers said the the dmack has an advantage here while they have had the advantage the whole season :p

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwCZiCeWIAEOU-Y.jpg
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14876578_1152244198188814_319767133631337714_o.jpg
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14902740_1152245431522024_2253584885105837736_o.jp g
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14902949_1152245898188644_3859479224295129803_o.jp g

Fast Eddie WRC
31st October 2016, 16:01
OTT TÄNAK BELIEVES HE CAN BE A REGULAR CONTENDER FOR RALLY WINS NEXT SEASON

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/october-2016/tanak-development/page/4042--12-12-.html

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd November 2016, 13:29
@paddocknews
Elfyn Evans is expected to be confirmed at Dmack in the WRC later this month.

Simmi
2nd November 2016, 13:39
@paddocknews
Elfyn Evans is expected to be confirmed at Dmack in the WRC later this month.

Taken from Motorsport News today. Deal being put together. Unclear whether VW bombshell will derail it.

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd November 2016, 13:55
Also, Malcolm Wilson confirmed they are working on a deal with Dick Cormack for him (DMack) to do the full championship.

EstWRC
2nd November 2016, 15:06
Evans has some big shoes to fill.

N.O.T
2nd November 2016, 15:16

The welsh are the simpletons of the UK, they are only worthy of herding sheep. Evans will be nowhere near Tanaks performance.

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd November 2016, 18:17

Depends if his DMack tyres still have the same advantages/disadvantages.

Michelin wont be standing still having seen their competitors gravel performance.

bassist
3rd November 2016, 10:23
The welsh are the simpletons of the UK, they are only worthy of herding sheep. Evans will be nowhere near Tanaks performance.

N.O.T., you are priceless !! Your poor attempts at Humour are lost in the fog of your lack of intelligence. Grow up and try and enter into a thoughtful debate, instead of looking for ill thought out one liners which serve no purpose, other than to make you a laughing stock.

Fast Eddie WRC
4th November 2016, 13:18
Article on Evans & R5..

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motorsport-rallycross/co-driving-ford-fiesta-r5-elfyn-evans-british-rally-champion?utm_content=buffera22bf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

EstWRC
15th November 2016, 09:44
Team preview http://www.dmacktyres.com/dmack-aims-to-be-the-wizard-of-oz

it would be great to end the season with a podium but it seems the temperatures will be high and then they will struggle, the morning loops should be good, fingers crossed...also, Tänak has a chance to pass Ostberg in overall standings, 12 points separating them. And he can pass Latvala in stage win statistics, Latvala has 36 and Tänak 30.

BigWorm
15th November 2016, 09:53
Team preview http://www.dmacktyres.com/dmack-aims-to-be-the-wizard-of-oz

it would be great to end the season with a podium but it seems the temperatures will be high and then they will struggle, the morning loops should be good, fingers crossed...also, Tänak has a chance to pass Ostberg in overall standings, 12 points separating them. And he can pass Latvala in stage win statistics, Latvala has 36 and Tänak 30.

Not expecting any magic from Tänak this rally, he has only done Australia once in the top class. Latvala also has a good road position so he will be flying should he keep the car on the road.

EstWRC
15th November 2016, 14:13
well, i didnt expect any magic from wales too, lets see

BigWorm
15th November 2016, 15:45
well, i didnt expect any magic from wales too, lets see

I think a solid performance is on the cards though, top 5 shouldn't be impossible

EstWRC
21st November 2016, 18:15
Overall a good year for the team i think. i had very low expectations before the season and i didnt even dare to dream about podiums and stage wins. There were some very hard rallies for them but some very good too. A huge amount of work still to do to get a better overall tyre, not a tyre for just some events.

We will see who will now take over Tänak's seat.

Tänak - very good and you can even say breakthrough season for him. What i like the most that he finally has achieved consistency, just two mistakes in whole season (monte, got away with and finland, i dont count portugal as a mistake). He has pointed out in estonian media that this second year in a row has helped and made a huge difference in his confidence and speed.

bluuford
22nd November 2016, 10:07
The most impressive for me was the season end, in five rallies he had no mre mistakes tha one spin, in Australia. And that spin was as a result of minor technical problem.

Oliverk
22nd November 2016, 10:51
The most impressive for me was the season end, in five rallies he had no mre mistakes tha one spin, in Australia. And that spin was as a result of minor technical problem.
Technically it wasn't even spin.

pantealex
22nd November 2016, 12:36
They announced in twitter that they are starting to test 2017 tyres, is Evans doing their tests?
Tänak should be better, because he has more experience of those tyres. (Evans did only BRC with DMacks)

dimviii
22nd November 2016, 13:10
as Dmacks had reach a ''x'' level with 2016 tyre,now again from the start.
a start that will be tougher, with the 2017more powerfull cars.

Fast Eddie WRC
28th November 2016, 16:35
I'm really going to miss pretending to be Tanak in the D-Mack Fiesta when I fancy a quick blast...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/EddieFocus/Ott2_zps77f8ekit.jpg~original

So long 2016 cars.. it was fun.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/EddieFocus/ott_zpsaw1bcdks.jpg~original

EstWRC
6th December 2016, 12:01
DMACK Launches 2017 WRC Tyres And WRC 2 Prize Scheme

Building on its huge success during the 2016 season, British tyre manufacturer DMACK has launched a completely new range of motorsport tyres for the 2017 FIA World Rally Championship (WRC). Joining Michelin as the only two tyre manufacturers approved by the FIA to supply the WRC in 2017, DMACK’s new range is the culmination of a 15-month period of technical development and product progression.

Since partnering with the Avon Motorsport arm of Cooper Tire Europe in 2015, DMACK has embarked on an extensive development programme, which delivered a string of impressive results in 2016. DMACK World Rally Team driver Ott Tanak set fastest times on six separate events this season and finished second overall on Rally Poland and Rally GB.Building on that platform, DMACK has introduced a range of completely new WRC tyres for next year – all developed by technical director Fiorenzo Brivio.

For the opening round at Rallye Monte Carlo, competitors will have access to the DMT-RC22 asphalt tyre, featuring a revised tread pattern to improve water dispersion and upgraded with a wider profile to deliver a greater contact footprint. The heavily treaded DMT-W wet tyre is also an option for WRC competitors in the event of heavy rain.

Also available will be the DMT-ICE2 winter asphalt tyre with a new directional tread pattern and stiffer shoulder blocks to provide high lateral stability. The studded version will boast 200 metal pins – each with a new profile and added to the tyre via a new implanting and bonding technique.

When the series switches to the frozen roads of Rally Sweden in February, DMACK will unveil a new asymmetric tread pattern for its DMG-ICE2 snow tyre. A new stiff compound will provide extremely high stud rigidity and the tyre will again benefit from new stud material, studding technology and bonding system.

DMACK has dominated on gravel this year with the DMG+2 tyre and it will again be available for WRC cars with a number of minor performance revisions including a run-flat construction. Meanwhile an all-new DMG+22 gravel tyre has been designed specifically for WRC 2 cars. It features a tread pattern which results in optimised wear across the tyre, upgraded performance compounds and improved construction to deliver high impact resistance.

As an added bonus for competitors in WRC 2, DMACK has launched a cash prize scheme valued at over €55,000 for competitors using its new products. The top-three DMACK drivers on each event will be awarded €2,500, €1,250 and €625 respectively.
In addition to a full transport, fitting and barcoding service at events, DMACK will also offer technical and media support to competitors and teams – with technicians available on each event to advise on compound options, optimum pressures and operating temperatures.

https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/15289267_886699731467200_3933532494055569200_o.jpg
https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15380668_886700401467133_7573300515656261130_n.png ?oh=8fe577d0b69c3266c0950322f3185133&oe=58BC658E

Fast Eddie WRC
14th December 2016, 21:30
STILL waiting for official announcement but surely Evans is to join DMack for the 2017 WRC ...

DMack and Elfyn Evans winning the Bettega Memorial on Sunday..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzZ4wovXcAAzVsv.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzZ4wolXgAA5Gi6.jpg

Essaj
14th December 2016, 21:41
Is Evans really WRC caliber driver when there is still drivers like Mikkelsen open? He got almost beaten by 16yo kid at his first outing on a wrc :D

Doon
14th December 2016, 21:47
No Evans is not a top driver. I can't see him improving either. DMACK need a driver who can deliver a good result to give them exposure, like Tanak did. Mikkelsen would be a far better choice.

Essaj
14th December 2016, 21:54
No Evans is not a top driver. I can't see him improving either. DMACK need a driver who can deliver a good result to give them exposure, like Tanak did. Mikkelsen would be a far better choice.

Totally agree, he is an ex-wrc driver and couldn't even handle Suninen on R5.

SubaruNorway
14th December 2016, 21:59
Is Evans really WRC caliber driver when there is still drivers like Mikkelsen open? He got almost beaten by 16yo kid at his first outing on a wrc :D

Some really consistent driving by Rovanperä at Bettega that's for sure!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9sLTgW1leQ

Barreis
14th December 2016, 22:03
That's only super special stage on a field of football stadium...

dimviii
14th December 2016, 22:05
That's only super special stage on a field of football stadium...

Neuville and Andreucci rolled at this football stadium.

Fast Eddie WRC
14th December 2016, 22:12
Never said Evans was better than Mikkelsen, but can DMack afford someone like him ?

Also Evans has been driving for them and developing their tyres for all of 2016.

Essaj
14th December 2016, 22:17
Never said Evans was better than Mikkelsen, but can DMack afford someone like him ?

Also Evans has been driving for them and developing their tyres for all of 2016.

Do you think that Mikkelsen is going to ask alot of money to get to a new car, because at the moment it seems that he is not driving at all unless he pays for it.

Barreis
14th December 2016, 22:24
Neuville and Andreucci rolled at this football stadium.
Andreucci rolled it from the bridge while driving focus wrc in 2001 also... :D

Fast Eddie WRC
14th December 2016, 22:43
Mikkelsen on Twitter:
Download the app and tune in to #RedBullTV for all the #WRC action next year! @RedBullTV @OfficialWRC #RedBull https://t.co/FG8LjdPUI2

A hint that he will be driving in the 2017 WRC ?

Fast Eddie WRC
14th December 2016, 22:46
Do you think that Mikkelsen is going to ask alot of money to get to a new car, because at the moment it seems that he is not driving at all unless he pays for it.

I believe he has a big management entourage who will need paying...

Unless he can get some more sponsorship, he needs a well-paid drive.

Munkvy
14th December 2016, 23:09
Mikkelsen on Twitter:
Download the app and tune in to #RedBullTV for all the #WRC action next year! @RedBullTV @OfficialWRC #RedBull https://t.co/FG8LjdPUI2

A hint that he will be driving in the 2017 WRC ?

Isn't he a Redbull athlete? So I would imagine PR like this is what they pay him for?

Munkvy
14th December 2016, 23:09

Was Evans on DMacks?

Andre Oliveira
14th December 2016, 23:22
No.http://www.ewrc.cz/images/2016/photos/rallye_automobile_de_monte_carlo_2016/jou_16mc17.jpg

Franky
15th December 2016, 06:51
You are forgetting the British championship

EstWRC
15th December 2016, 07:48

sure about that? im not.

pantealex
15th December 2016, 07:54
When both Citroen and Toyota can make only 2 new cars for Monte, how many you think M-Sport can make ???

Probably not 4 or 5 ...

So is it even possible that DMack (or Adapta) to have new car in Monte ?

EstWRC
15th December 2016, 08:09
DMACK Tyres ‏@DMACK_Tyres 5m5 minutes ago
Today is a special day for DMACK!

Jeppe
15th December 2016, 09:10
Sure it is. Dick turns 50. Congrats!

https://twitter.com/DMACK_Tyres/status/809324177274630144

tomhlord
15th December 2016, 10:22
Sure it is. Dick turns 50. Congrats!

https://twitter.com/DMACK_Tyres/status/809324177274630144

Haha, the amount of attention their Twitter account is getting from these little teases is well played!

Vahula
15th December 2016, 10:26
When both Citroen and Toyota can make only 2 new cars for Monte, how many you think M-Sport can make ???

Probably not 4 or 5 ...

M-Sport is in the business of producing rally cars, others are not. They can easily pull people from R5 or Bentley projects and use them for the 2017 WRC cars.

Fast Eddie WRC
15th December 2016, 11:20
M-Sport have said they will have 6 2017 WRC cars running next season.

Fast Eddie WRC
15th December 2016, 11:53
@Dmack: I know many people are waiting on our plans for 2017. They won’t be announced today, so stand down. Still a few things left to sort out.

dimviii
15th December 2016, 13:11
DMACK Tyres ‏@DMACK_Tyres 1h
1 hour ago

First pic of our all new tyre for @RallySweden - with a new asymmetric pattern and upgraded studding. Testing tomorrow in Sweden

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CztxA2PXUAAy7Uk.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
16th December 2016, 22:28
No more info on the DMack test... who was driving & what car ?

EstWRC
22nd December 2016, 16:30
Our new winter snow tyre for Monte Carlo has just rolled off the production line

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0SZ77pWIAAKWqG.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd December 2016, 18:28
Wish DMack would hurry up with the driver announcement, everyone else has done their's now...

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd December 2016, 10:40
MW re privateers: Probably it’s going to be the middle of January, something like that, so the Swedish is the earliest we could see them.

There is a lot still to do. M-Sport is still in discussion about a possible DMack team. Probably no news yet on that one probably until the first couple of weeks of January..

Simmi
23rd December 2016, 12:50
MW re privateers: Probably it’s going to be the middle of January, something like that, so the Swedish is the earliest we could see them.

There is a lot still to do. M-Sport is still in discussion about a possible DMack team. Probably no news yet on that one probably until the first couple of weeks of January..

A news outlet that claims to have seen the Monte entries says Elfyn is on there in the third M-Sport car - which will be Dmack-shod. But I agree it is strange they are taking so long to announce. Clearly some things going on behind the scenes.

Fast Eddie WRC
10th January 2017, 12:25
Evans confirmed for 2017. Never doubted it after his good work with DMack last year in WRC2 & BRC.

Franky
10th January 2017, 13:03
Evans confirmed for 2017. Never doubted it after his good work with DMack last year in WRC2 & BRC.

He was on Michelin's in WRC2

Simmi
10th January 2017, 13:19
Excited for the livery now. Hopefully they don't miss the open goal of what should be an awesome looking car.

PLuto
10th January 2017, 13:37
He was on Michelin's in WRC2

But he was doing BRC with DMack.

EstWRC
10th January 2017, 13:37
no link here? i will fix it http://www.dmacktyres.com/evans-joins-dmack-in-2017-wrc-campaign

British tyre manufacturer DMACK will continue to compete at the pinnacle of world motorsport for the seventh consecutive season, with confirmation that it will contest the 2017 FIA World Rally Championship.

Heading the challenge for the DMACK World Rally Team will be 28-year-old Welshman Elfyn Evans in a 2017-specification Ford Fiesta WRC. Reigning British Rally Champion Evans will be reunited with long-term English co-driver Daniel Barritt – making it a truly British team.

Evans has had a short but successful partnership with DMACK, lifting the 2016 British Rally Championship title after winning five of the seven rounds and taking overall victory at the Bettega Memorial rally last month.

He will be at the wheel of M-Sport’s groundbreaking Ford Fiesta WRC and will be nominated as M-Sport’s third points scoring driver when the series kicks off with the iconic Rally Monte Carlo. The pair will finalise their preparations with a pre-event test in France on Friday 13 January.

DMACK will also continue its WRC 2 seven-round programme for the winners of last year’s Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy. Champion Osian Pryce from Wales will be joined by Finland’s Max Vatanen and Northern Irishman Jon Armstrong – all three sharing the prize drives in an M-Sport Fiesta R5.

The Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy, which has seen DMACK provide the biggest prize in world rallying to the world’s best young talent for the past three years, is set to become the FIA Junior WRC this season.

Comprising six rounds of the WRC, drivers from around the world will compete in identical Fiesta R2T cars run by M-Sport – again battling for the Drive DMACK prize of a full season in WRC 2.

DMACK will compete alongside Michelin as approved WRC tyre manufacturers for the seventh consecutive season. Last year was the firm’s most successful campaign, scoring 30 fastest stage times and leading two rallies outright after an intense 15-month period of technical development.

For 2017, DMACK will continue to supply its DMACK Grippa tyre range with performance upgrades to suit both WRC and WRC 2 competitors. The asphalt tyre has a revised tread pattern, profile and compounds while the successful gravel tyre benefits from performance enhancements including a run-flat construction.

Both the Monte Carlo and Sweden winter tyres have been completely redesigned with new tread patterns and studding systems.

DMACK’s 2017 season kicks off with Rally Monte Carlo which blasts away from Casino Square in Monaco on Thursday 19 January.

Dick Cormack, DMACK managing director, said: “Last year was pivotal in DMACK’s history – from both a performance and technical development aspect. Our small but extremely focused team has made huge strides forward and we’re determined to maintain that progression this season.

“Elfyn has been a great ambassador for DMACK when dominating the British championship and I’m confident his hunger for success will shine through this year.”

Elfyn Evans, DMACK WRC driver, said: “I’m really excited to be back driving a WRC car again at an exciting period for the sport with the new generation cars – and I’m thankful to DMACK for the opportunity. I’ve really enjoyed working with them over the last 12 months and being part of the development of new 2017 products.

“Being away from the top level for a season has been really hard, but it’s made me more motivated and determined to make the most of this opportunity.”

BigWorm
10th January 2017, 13:39
Feels like somewhat of a mismatch for me considering Evans is more of a tarmac driver and Dmacks tarmac tyre hasn't been too competitive so I'm not expecting anything exciting. Will be interesting to see how their tarmac tyre has developed though, Evans will be a good benchmark for that purpose.

Fast Eddie WRC
10th January 2017, 14:08
Feels like somewhat of a mismatch for me considering Evans is more of a tarmac driver and Dmacks tarmac tyre hasn't been too competitive so I'm not expecting anything exciting. Will be interesting to see how their tarmac tyre has developed though, Evans will be a good benchmark for that purpose.

Tarmac is where DMack need to progress so need a decent tarmac driver...

Roy
10th January 2017, 14:14

Is Evans driving in Dmack livery fiesta with Michelin tyres?

DMACK World Rally Team will compete in 2017 @OfficialWRC for the 7th consecutive season. @DMACK_Tyres and @Michelin_Sport as tyre suppliers

Fast Eddie WRC
10th January 2017, 14:17
It's a bit strange D-Mack still calling themselves a WRT when they score points for M-Sport. They are really only a tyre-supplier/sponsor...

Roy
10th January 2017, 14:24
Wrt because of WRC 2 team. I think here the team drive with their own tyres. Evans M-sport is only sponsoring. The team have only one tyresupplier.

BigWorm
10th January 2017, 14:46

Yep, in Evans they got just that. Still a work in progress with their tyres.

Franky
10th January 2017, 14:52
But he was doing BRC with DMack.

Justed pointed out the factual error regarding WRC2. That's all.

Fast Eddie WRC
10th January 2017, 15:10
Justed pointed out the factual error regarding WRC2. That's all.

I just meant he did a good job in WRC2 which helped his profile for 2017.

Simmi
11th January 2017, 06:59
Very nice

https://scontent.fmad3-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t34.0-12/15970156_10154112106902190_1306782025_n.jpg?oh=d06 c66127ba9b5f46cb4ec6f4aed5ac3&oe=58787904

dupanton
11th January 2017, 07:01
Very nice

https://scontent.fmad3-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t34.0-12/15970156_10154112106902190_1306782025_n.jpg?oh=d06 c66127ba9b5f46cb4ec6f4aed5ac3&oe=58787904

Official or a fan photoshop?

Simmi
11th January 2017, 07:07
Official or a fan photoshop?

Real one finally. It's in Motorsport News today.

EstWRC
11th January 2017, 07:46
the best livery by far IMO.

EstWRC
11th January 2017, 07:48
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C131N9AWgAAGISV.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C131PBmW8AAlBxD.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C131QWXXAAApf-E.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C131RvsWgAADlOR.jpg

https://twitter.com/DMACK_Tyres/status/819080531799375872

EstWRC
12th January 2017, 09:58
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C19kkwQXUAAYcL4?format=jpg&name=large

Fast Eddie WRC
12th January 2017, 23:36
Evans interview at Autosport Show:
https://youtu.be/TsJbi-dhw30 starts 5 mins in..

EstWRC
13th January 2017, 03:15

yeah im with you...Evans strongest side is tarmac but it is Dmacks weakest side...On gravel Evans is average IMO...we will see, last year in Monte the dmacks were awful and Evans with an R5 with Michelins was almost as quick as Tänak. But they have completely new tyres now for Monte and Sweden so it is really exciting to see if they have made significant step. The winter tyres last year were actually quite good in right conditions but were destroyed on frozen gravel.

Interesting but for Evans i predict though times ahead.

tomhlord
13th January 2017, 10:01
yeah im with you...Evans strongest side is tarmac but it is Dmacks weakest side...On gravel Evans is average IMO...we will see, last year in Monte the dmacks were awful and Evans with an R5 with Michelins was almost as quick as Tänak. But they have completely new tyres now for Monte and Sweden so it is really exciting to see if they have made significant step. The winter tyres last year were actually quite good in right conditions but were destroyed on frozen gravel.

Interesting but for Evans i predict though times ahead.

Agreed.

Andre Oliveira
14th January 2017, 22:48
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2KojWOXgAEt4Gw?format=jpg&name=large

dimviii
14th January 2017, 23:02
way better dmacks livery

Andre Oliveira
15th January 2017, 01:25
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2LAtyoUQAA9E22?format=jpg&name=large

Fast Eddie WRC
21st January 2017, 09:05

And they have progressed.. first ever win on tarmac ! Evans the right choice. Amazing. :)

Fast Eddie WRC
21st January 2017, 09:07
After 6 years of trying, we win our FIRST stage on asphalt!!!! Big thanks to our tech guys, their development, @ElfynEvans + @danielbarritt https://t.co/kKlVKj2lst

N.O.T
21st January 2017, 09:16
Its a great Advertisement for DMACK for sure, they should capitalise on it since on monte tyres are very very important to win a stage.

EstWRC
21st January 2017, 09:19
And thank you Ott :).... very happy for them

Sulland
21st January 2017, 13:35
What settings or tyre choices were wrong yesterday, when Evans had very little traction?

EightGear
21st January 2017, 13:37
What settings or tyre choices were wrong yesterday, when Evans had very little traction?
The tyre brand.

EstWRC
22nd January 2017, 19:22
overall a great rally i think...on dry tarmac Evans was class of his own but like always the tyres arent as stable as michelin, btw on which tyres he was on saturday while winning stages?...way off the pace on slippery stuff and in snow. but they have made big progress.

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd February 2017, 14:41
New Dmack studded tyre for Sweden:

https://medium.com/@rallyinguk/dmack-rolls-out-new-studded-tyre-for-sweden-ca22d410c3a1#.dnttedgn8

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3wCH4PWIAA-CFl.jpg

Andre Oliveira
4th February 2017, 00:30
https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/16463275_1377871902286243_649682130535425749_o.jpg ?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=fb397144dbfce85cfacaade0ccd6be86&oe=59154D31

Fast Eddie WRC
13th February 2017, 15:44
If anyone is critical of him so far this season, please remember that Elfyn Evans has moved from an R5 straight to WRC17 rally car this year. Hell of a change to cope with.

dodge33cymru
13th February 2017, 15:55
Not seen anyone writing Evans off just yet. It's Hanninen and Lefebvre's turns at the moment it seems...

His and the tyres' least preferred surface and still a solid points finish - will be interesting to see how he fares on gravel.

Fast Eddie WRC
13th February 2017, 15:56
To compare...

Tanak's DMACK record in 2016:
2 / 2nds, 2 / 5ths, 2 / 6ths, 2 / 7ths and 1 / 10th from 13 events. Note that in Poland and GB tyres were ultra competitive.

dodge33cymru
13th February 2017, 15:59
Slightly off-topic, does anyone know if DMACK are entering a BRC team this year? I've got fingers crossed for Osian Pryce to get a few rounds on top of his WRC2 entries.

Fast Eddie WRC
13th February 2017, 18:39
Slightly off-topic, does anyone know if DMACK are entering a BRC team this year? I've got fingers crossed for Osian Pryce to get a few rounds on top of his WRC2 entries.

It appears they are entering and rumours are that it will be with Keith Cronin and perhaps AN Other...

Check out the BRC thread for updates.

Simmi
13th February 2017, 18:57

There was a story in MN a while ago that they weren't going to bother repeating the two car team they had last year. But would be supporting driver(s). So like Eddie says the rumour now is Cronin with M-Sport/Dmack backing.

Fast Eddie WRC
19th February 2017, 12:04
2017 DMack livery looking good on the old Fiesta in DiRT Rally ! :)

http://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/pic-jpg.173138/

mousti
19th February 2017, 12:48
It appears they are entering and rumours are that it will be with Keith Cronin and perhaps AN Other...

Check out the BRC thread for updates.

Maybe the second driver could be Osian, because it's very quiet around him..

Andre Oliveira
19th February 2017, 13:30
I bet on Price ;)

Fast Eddie WRC
19th February 2017, 14:39
BRC twitter:
Defending BRC1 champion DMACK will be eager to defend its title in 2017. Rather than running its own team, the Carlisle firm has opted to spread its knowledge and support several teams this year in the pursuit of success in all classes.

EstWRC
21st March 2017, 17:07
hats off to dmack for making a huge progress within a year....Evans lost 8.41.8 to winner but 5 minutes of it was due penalty so if we take it out, he would have lost 3.41.8 and would have been 6th, just 10 secs from Paddon and Evans was one of the first guys on the road on saturday and sunday and lost time also because engine overheating...the tyre doesnt seem to go off suddenly on the longer stages like it did last year...last year they where nowhere in Mexico and Tänak lost over 9 minutes without any penalty or issue but last year's route was also longer.

Now comes their weakest point tarmac, IMO Corsica was one of their worst rallies of last season, Tänak was competing with WRC2 frontrunners until final day, so we will see how much progress have they made with their tarmac tyre.

and Evans has done a lot better than i thought before the season, credit to him too.

Franky
21st March 2017, 17:22
EstWRC, keep in mind that DMack introduced a new gravel tire later in the season last year. Was it from Portugal onwards, when they had the new one ready? Before that, it was some older tire.

Fast Eddie WRC
21st March 2017, 18:38
I really hope Dmack have produced a decent tarmac tyre this year as Evans has shown some good speed on this surface at times.

He also deserves some good luck as he's had nothing but ill-fortune so far...

Fingers-crossed for the TDC.

Grundo Farb
21st March 2017, 22:37
hats off to dmack for making a huge progress within a year....Evans lost 8.41.8 to winner but 5 minutes of it was due penalty so if we take it out, he would have lost 3.41.8 and would have been 6th, just 10 secs from Paddon and Evans was one of the first guys on the road on saturday and sunday and lost time also because engine overheating...the tyre doesnt seem to go off suddenly on the longer stages like it did last year...last year they where nowhere in Mexico and Tänak lost over 9 minutes without any penalty or issue but last year's route was also longer.

Now comes their weakest point tarmac, IMO Corsica was one of their worst rallies of last season, Tänak was competing with WRC2 frontrunners until final day, so we will see how much progress have they made with their tarmac tyre.

and Evans has done a lot better than i thought before the season, credit to him too.

Or Evans is just better... It will never be clear cut where the tyres are better or worse. Maybe the new Michelins this year have helped Tanak? Who knows...

Bit pointless postulating about tyre performance between one year and the next with different drivers. Evans and Tanak are both good drivers, Evans showed his speed to be faster than Tanak on some rallies in 2015 but was more inconsistent than Tanak so was dropped. Maybe he is more consistent now or still the same, again who knows...

GravelBen
22nd March 2017, 00:29
....Evans lost 8.41.8 to winner but 5 minutes of it was due penalty so if we take it out, he would have lost 3.41.8 and would have been 6th, just 10 secs from Paddon and Evans was one of the first guys on the road on saturday and sunday and lost time also because engine overheating...

If you're making that comparison don't forget Paddon lost a couple of minutes with engine problems too, and didn't have a great road position for Saturday-Sunday either.

I agree that Dmack have improved a lot though. :)

EstWRC
22nd March 2017, 15:44
i know, i mentioned Paddon because he was closest to Evans if we take out his penalty.

maybe Evans is better and maybe it is pointless postulating but i like to make this comparisons and they definitely have made progress

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd March 2017, 20:07
As well as the penalty, Evans also lost 1.36 on the first gravel stage with road cleaning and overheating issues...

He was happy with the tyre progress though..

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/march-2017/evans-positive-after-mexico-/page/4381--12-12-.html#

danon
22nd March 2017, 22:44
One of my Chakras tells me that the silhouette in the pic below doesn't seems like a champ material...

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/british-ford-fiesta-rs-wrc-driver-elfyn-evans-arrives-for-a-service-picture-id482543366

Fast Eddie WRC
31st March 2017, 11:31
New DMACK Hard for arduous asphalt adventure

https://medium.com/@rallyinguk/new-dmack-hard-for-arduous-asphalt-adventure-ff98fa175faa#.blry6az22

Fast Eddie WRC
11th May 2017, 11:09
DMack boss confident of gravel tyre on all events:

https://beta.motorsport-news.co.uk/news/rallying-news/wrc/dmack-evans-can-fight-everywhere/

Fast Eddie WRC
11th May 2017, 11:13
Interesting quote:
"We want to work with a manufacturer,” he said. “That’s what we’re looking towards, that’s what we’re here for. It gave us all a great deal of satisfaction to be the leading point-scoring Fiesta in Argentina. Those points we scored for M-Sport were the first we’ve ever won for a manufacturer and that was special for us.”

M-Sport to run DMacks in future ?

Watson
11th May 2017, 13:05
M-Sport to run DMacks in future ?

From the same article:
[M-Sport managing director Malcolm Wilson has ruled out any potential shift to move Sebastien Ogier and Ott Tanak from Michelin to DMACK, even though the rules would now permit such a move.]
Maybe he wants to see out this season before such a radical move.

macebig
11th May 2017, 22:30
From the same article:
[M-Sport managing director Malcolm Wilson has ruled out any potential shift to move Sebastien Ogier and Ott Tanak from Michelin to DMACK, even though the rules would now permit such a move.]
Maybe he wants to see out this season before such a radical move.

Ogier will probably freak out if they tell him to work with DMack...

AL14
11th May 2017, 22:50
Ogier will probably freak out if they tell him to work with DMack...

I think that if a decision about tires will be made it will be made by Ogier directly :)

er88
12th May 2017, 02:57
Could Msport if they wanted to, put Ogier and Tanak on Dmack tyres for selected events (like the dry dusty gravel rallies we have coming up)? Or is that not allowed?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Barreis
12th May 2017, 07:42
Wilson owns 25% of DMACK

Watson
12th May 2017, 09:42
Wilson owns 25% of DMACK
He does?

rallyfiend
12th May 2017, 10:34
He does?

Debt for equity.

If you can't get your bills paid, you just take some of the company....

Simmi
12th May 2017, 10:55
Could Msport if they wanted to, put Ogier and Tanak on Dmack tyres for selected events (like the dry dusty gravel rallies we have coming up)? Or is that not allowed?

Regardless of the who owns what - it would be interesting to know this from a rules perspective. I can't imagine it's something you'd do from a business standpoint, as it would piss Michelin off something rotten. We've seen the rule change (or clarification) this year to enable a works team to run multiple tyre manufacturers - but not whether you can change mid-season.

rallyfiend
12th May 2017, 11:07
For sure M-Sport would have a fixed contract with Michelin for the 'factory' cars.

Those stickers on the cars don't just come from goodwill....

Watson
12th May 2017, 11:12
Well the article that Eddie posted implies that you can change tyre manufacturer mid-season. If they would do it guess they would have to pay Michelin off for not having their branding on the car, their website, merch etc. And I assume they could also go back and forth with the tyres but Michelin would never ever play along.

There's no way they would change now as it might also piss Michelin off for the future.

Fast Eddie WRC
13th May 2017, 10:25
MSport already have two tyres in a way as Evans is nominated for Manu points.. :)

Watson
13th May 2017, 13:22
MSport already have two tyres in a way as Evans is nominated for Manu points.. :)
Which is probably the best way to have it at the moment anyway.

EstWRC
16th May 2017, 09:22
so what people think of dmack chances this week? can they compete for a win again? i dont think so this time but podium for sure.

Fast Eddie WRC
16th May 2017, 11:15
I dont see why not. McCormack says the tyres are competitive on all events now and Evans must have great confidence after Argentina.

jparker
16th May 2017, 11:37
I dont see why not. McCormack says the tyres are competitive on all events now and Evans must have great confidence after Argentina.

Dmack bet on harder compaund in Argentina , and luckily they got it right. That doesn't make them better tires, unless tested against same Michelins.

Watson
16th May 2017, 11:53
Dmack bet on harder compaund in Argentina , and luckily they got it right. That doesn't make them better tires, unless tested against same Michelins.

They didn't use their hard compound, their soft compound is harder than Michelin's and according to most media outlets that should be an advantage on most gravel rallies, especially the dry and rough ones.

Fast Eddie WRC
16th May 2017, 15:53

Get your facts right (and your spelling).

BigWorm
16th May 2017, 15:59
so what people think of dmack chances this week? can they compete for a win again? i dont think so this time but podium for sure.

Don't think so but maybe. Evans' results in previous here hasn't been strong, but the reason why I don't think so is because Paddon and Meeke will enjoy clean roads and will most likely fly. If the rally is dry that is.

jparker
16th May 2017, 19:11
They didn't use their hard compound, their soft compound is harder than Michelin's and according to most media outlets that should be an advantage on most gravel rallies, especially the dry and rough ones.

We are talking the same thing, except that teams have to nominate the soft tyres compaund before the event. What's the problem for Michelin to choose hoarder compaund for their soft tyres in Portugal?
.... Or did I got all that wrong?

Watson
16th May 2017, 20:05
We are talking the same thing, except that teams have to nominate the soft tyres compaund before the event. What's the problem for Michelin to choose hoarder compaund for their soft tyres in Portugal?
.... Or did I got all that wrong?
Tyre manufacturers can't change their tyre specification as often as they want. They have homologation jokers for each soft and hard options for gravel and asphalt. I don't know how many though. Maybe someone knows the rules in full detail.

itix
17th May 2017, 17:39
I doubt they will challenge for a win... In Argentina all the stars aligned. They were greatly benefited from a better road position, probably better tyres and a great drive.

This time they have slightly worse road position, probably not as heroic a drive (although I'm sure Evans will give his all) and possibly the weather will work against the Tyre compound.

I believe like you, they will probably challenge for a podium, perhaps a stage win or two.

Fast Eddie WRC
17th May 2017, 21:32
DMACK Tyres‏ @DMACK_Tyres
This was the distance @ElfynEvans missed out on a debut @OfficialWRC victory in Argentina - 19.1 metres after 3 days of rally !

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DACxIKIXsAIAdS9.jpg:large

EstWRC
21st September 2017, 16:12
DMACK Introduces New WRC Tyre For Season Finale

FIA World Rally Championship tyre manufacturer DMACK has launched a completely new gravel tyre for the final three rounds of this year’s championship. Aimed specifically at WRC cars and competitors, the new DMG+22 gravel tyre will first see action at RACC Rally de Espana next month – equipping Elfyn Evans’ M-Sport World Rally Team Ford Fiesta WRC.

After coming within 0.7 seconds of a debut victory in Argentina earlier this year and setting fastest times on five of the six gravel rallies this season, DMACK has re-vamped its list two tyres.

Tread pattern: The new DMG+22 tread pattern has more grooves and smaller tread blocks, providing greater performance in wet, muddy and slippery conditions.

Compounds: Both permitted compounds are softer than their predecessors. The new soft compound GS84 is similar to that used to score 12 fastest times in Rally GB last year and will deliver enhanced performance in wet conditions. The new GH34 hard compound is more suited to the conditions expected on the final three events of the season with improved overall grip.

Construction: There tyre has a reinforced, stiffer construction with a run-flat design – increasing the distance that can be driven at speed in the event of a deflation.

Size: The new tyre size designation is 205/65R15, marginally narrower that the current DMG+2 it is replacing.

Manufacture: Like all DMACK motorsport tyres, the new DMG+22 has been designed and manufactured in the UK.

Testing opportunities with the new, more powerful 2017-sepcification WRC cars was limited last year and DMACK introduced a competitive, but safe, package for this season. However, the ability to introduce a new specification tyre as permitted by the FIA regulations, allows the company to fine-tune the performance parameters for the remaining events in Spain, GB and Australia.

Dick Cormack, DMACK managing director, said: “Because DMACK has limited opportunities to test with the new generation WRC cars, the FIA’s joker system is a welcome way for us to develop our WRC tyres during the season and introduce new specifications to assess over the last few events. We’ve made some significant changes and are looking forward to evaluating the performance on the last three rallies.”

Fiore Brivio, DMACK technical director, said: “We’ve introduced a newly-designed tyre range and the aim is to improve the performance on loose gravel and, more than that, to gain experience in the most extreme conditions of cold and wet in GB and the hot temperatures expected in Spain and Australia. We took a step forward with our asphalt joker in Germany and aim to continue that development.”

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/21641148_1074876209316217_7646723006445374538_o.jp g?oh=df65d2bc72e76ba17cd72c348d798da0&oe=5A5ECB7B

Fast Eddie WRC
30th October 2017, 15:38
These guys and their tyres deserve a mention... :champion:

DMACK Tyres‏ @DMACK_Tyres Oct 29

After 7 years and 88 WRC events... we've won !!! British tyres, British car, British crew, British rally !!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNIrF3GX4AAqaIZ.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNJTFiPX4AAGlXs.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNNitLuXkAMp9iv.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNT1nGUXUAAVGJ7.jpg

ToughMac
31st October 2017, 03:13
Couldn't help noticing but has Elfyn been using the same car all year PX66 DVT?

Zeakiwi
31st October 2017, 05:48
The car used by Evans in Poland had the reg plate PX66 DVR. Chassis #3 that Tanak had used for earlier '17 WRC events.

Chassis #4 used for the rest of the events by Evans.
https://www.ewrc-results.com/carinfo/69-ford-fiesta-wrc-17/?spz=2986 PX66DVT chassis #4

Fast Eddie WRC
10th November 2017, 18:49
Dick Cormack stated this week that there will not be a DMACK sponsored WRC car in 2018.

He said he is talking with various WRC teams about running one of their car's with his tyres.

I guess M-Sport are favourite but maybe another team might try them on one of their 3 cars...

Eli
10th November 2017, 19:03
Dick Cormack stated this week that there will not be a DMACK sponsored WRC car in 2018.

He said he is talking with various WRC teams about running one of their car's with his tyres.

I guess M-Sport are favourite but maybe another team might try them on one of their 3 cars...

Like what you did with the pic of your profile Fast Eddie WRC.

RS
10th November 2017, 20:46

Despite their end of season win I can’t see one of the works teams taking them at this stage. Presumably there would still be some financial assistance to the crew running DMack tyres, so maybe third Fiesta with Suninen behind the wheel part subsidised by DMack?

doubled1978
10th November 2017, 21:07
If I was Hyundai I would seriously consider running a 4th car on selected events with DMACKS on if their current tyre contract allows it.

Tarmop
10th November 2017, 21:09
So finally DMack has reached its limit, have been wondering for a while, how they were able to do this on such a big level. Partial support ofcourse, maybe even certain events?... being so competitive on some and uncompetitive on others.

Fast Eddie WRC
10th November 2017, 22:34
In the interview Cormack gave some impressive info... like rally tyre sales to 72 countries, many National championship wins and the plan to continue in WRC with the aim of winning the Championship.

They are far from finished in their ambition and now see their tyre qualities being good enough to stand alone without the need for a team/car of their own.

rallyfiend
11th November 2017, 00:14
In the interview Cormack gave some impressive info... like rally tyre sales to 72 countries, many National championship wins and the plan to continue in WRC with the aim of winning the Championship.

They are far from finished in their ambition and now see their tyre qualities being good enough to stand alone without the need for a team/car of their own.

Let's see if the rumours of financial strife, collapsed takeover discussions, unpaid bills etc prove to be just rumours.....

AMSS
11th November 2017, 09:15
Let's see if the rumours of financial strife, collapsed takeover discussions, unpaid bills etc prove to be just rumours.....

Hi, yes I`ve heard these same things from multiple different persons this year again and most of them for sure enough involved in the industry to know how it is, but than again according to these rumours the last 2-3 seasons have been the last for Dmack and yet there they`ve been year after year

EstWRC
11th November 2017, 09:51
From Home Victory To Down Under Finale For DMACK

• First event after debut WRC victory.
• Final round in DMACK’s most successful season.
• Demanding event with diverse surfaces and conditions.

Just two weeks after winning its debut FIA World Rally Championship event on home soil at Wales Rally GB, DMACK will cross to the other side of the world for some Aussie action at Kennards Hire Rally Australia next week.

The final round of the 2017 FIA World Rally Championship will bring DMACK’s most successful season to a close, with a tough event based around Coffs Harbour – halfway between Sydney and Brisbane.

The event is a demanding way to round off the championship with a varied mix of high-speed gravel roads on offer. After taking their debut victory last time out at Wales Rally GB, Elfyn Evans and Dan Barritt will depend on DMACK’s rally-winning DMG+22 gravel tyres to master the challenge down-under.

The nominated hard GH34 compound will be the main choice, and a maximum of 32 are permitted, while the soft GS84 is also available as the second choice.

Most of the action takes place over public, shire roads but some of the stages venture through thick forests and jungle areas – where dust can hang in the air. The dense rainforests can block sunlight, creating tough driving conditions for competitors.

Another of Rally Australia’s traditional challenges is the huge Nambucca stage at almost 49km in length. It’s run on Saturday morning before being split in two for a repeat in the afternoon.

The event, famed for its stunning coastal vistas, ventures north for a three-stage loop on Friday before the popular Saturday stages around Bowraville to the south. Then it’s back north again on Sunday for the final stages of the WRC season.

Dick Cormack, DMACK managing director, said: “Rally GB was the highlight of our seven years in WRC and a huge achievement for DMACK. We are looking forward now to Australia which is set to be a really demanding event to finish off the season – its many surfaces and stage characteristics will make it a tough rally.”

Elfyn Evans, DMACK WRC driver, said: “We had an historic result on our home rally just a few weeks ago and achieved one of our main targets for the season. We missed Australia last year so it will be important to cover the miles, get the experience this year and work on our pacenotes.”

Tyre Information: List 1 for R5 and WRC 2
DMACK 205/65R15 DMG+22
First choice: GS44 hard compound (30)
Second choice: GS62B soft compound (16)
Maximum allowed: 30
Tyre Information: List 2 for WRC
DMACK 205/65R15 DMG+22
First choice: GS34 hard compound (32)
Second choice: GH84 soft compound (16)
Maximum allowed: 32
Event Information
Based: Coffs Harbour, Australia
Start: Coffs Harbour, 07.30 on Friday 17 November
Finish: Coffs Harbour, 15.30 on Sunday 19 November
Stages: 21 stages, 318.33km
Longest stage: SS9 Nambucca 48.89km

Fast Eddie WRC
15th November 2017, 10:43
@DMACK_Tyres
We reached all our goals in WRC 2017, won first event, fastest times on 7 rallies, led 4 rallies, 3 podiums. Next year no DMACK WRC car but we focus on product development & commercial opportunities, building on this success.

https://twitter.com/DMACK_Tyres/status/930728591268093952

Fast Eddie WRC
15th November 2017, 10:49
MN confirming what I said a few days ago:

DMACK to step back from full-time WRC in 2018
https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/news/rallying-news/wrc/dmack-to-step-back-from-full-time-wrc-in-2018/

Fast Eddie WRC
15th November 2017, 10:56
@DMACK_Tyres

Interesting WRC stats: last year we scored fastest times on 6 rallies, this year 7.

A DMACK driver has scored the third highest amount of WRC stage wins for 2 years in a row. Tanak in 2016 (30) and Evans in 2017 (26 so far).

nafpaktos
15th November 2017, 13:37
the title for sure is misleading since Cormack said:

1)“We know we’re not ready to supply a main manufacturer for a full season yet. We know we have to work on certain areas before we get there, but as we’ve shown this year we have a rally-winning tyre which, on a [manufacturer’s] third or fourth car could be extremely valuable in terms of championship points next season.”

2)This in no way means we’re walking away from the WRC and if we can’t find [a manufacturer] agreement then we will pick out some events and try to win those with a hired car

Please david use more appropriate titles,don't use misleading titles for more clicks.

Simmi
15th November 2017, 13:51
Dmack can't really complain about the headlines. Biggest thing anyone will take away is that the full-season car disappears. So in that sense they have stepped back. The announcement in general was quite confusing.

Roy
15th November 2017, 15:06
MN confirming what I said a few days ago:

DMACK to step back from full-time WRC in 2018
https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/news/rallying-news/wrc/dmack-to-step-back-from-full-time-wrc-in-2018/

DMACK reaction on Twitter:
We WILL have a full-time presence in WRC next season as a tyre supplier, our eighth season. https://t.co/9W2vGH81mY

EstWRC
19th December 2017, 10:13
DMACK Tyres‏

We will have a fully upgraded range of tyres for 2018 @OfficialWRC - every one benefits from improvements and new features to deliver even more performance for WRC, WRC2, WRC3 and private competitors.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRZqL6lXUAAFaP4.jpg

Watson
19th December 2017, 10:25
So DMACK and Pirelli offer tyres for the WRC now but all of the works teams will use Michelin. Or did I miss something?

Tarmop
19th December 2017, 10:28
They are free to make contracts with every mentioned supplier and can choose the brand for each event (FIA allows). Exactly on what terms, is said in the contract and it`s teams and tyre suppliers business. (Like Michelins on 12 events, but DMacks in Wales etc)

Fast Eddie WRC
19th December 2017, 12:30
I think M-Sport are the only likely user of DMACKs on certain events (and maybe just on one car).

I cant see Michelin agreeing to anything but a full supply with the factory teams.