PDA

View Full Version : Super Aguri - 2008 race winners!!

ArrowsFA1
5th December 2006, 17:01
Well, if they maintain their progess it's what the team think might be possible Autosport story (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/55909).
Can they achieve this level of progress and will they (be allowed to) embarrass Honda?

SuperAguri
5th December 2006, 17:38
I'd love this to happen.... obviously.... :D

Ed
5th December 2006, 17:44
tad optimistics isnt it! BMW havent even won a race yet!!

SuperAguri
5th December 2006, 17:59
neither have Toyota :D

PSfan
5th December 2006, 19:03
Well I guess it depends who's racing for them in 08? And if Honda allow them to use current chassis' compared to the Factory Honda team.

BTCC2
5th December 2006, 19:52
No way this will happen Honda have only won 1 race it seems unlikely that the B team will win.

Powered by Cosworth
5th December 2006, 20:49
May I let out a big hearty LOL :D

Without Cosworth Power in F1, there will be NO winners! Ever.

jens
6th December 2006, 00:18
2008 seems so far from the view of today. First we have to see, what they can do in 2007.

Well, but a win in 2008 or whenever looks way too optimistic (and this is a modest word to describe!) unless we have such a race like in USA'05. More likely should they first find some consistency in fighting for point positions.

Ranger
6th December 2006, 09:18
Unlikely. We've heard plenty of teams say they will do this and that in the future... but how many even come close to their expectations, yet alone achieve them?

Valve Bounce
6th December 2006, 11:57
So far, nobody on this thread has even mentioned Toshigi.
It's like the Poms didn't think the Aussis could win yesterday either. :rolleyes:
How sweet it is.

Ranger
6th December 2006, 12:08
It's like the Poms didn't think the Aussis could win yesterday either. :rolleyes:
How sweet it is.

Spyker has Gascoyne, so they could be equally likely to win in 2008.

Which is about a 3% chance or less.

Seriously, with the might of the rising factory teams in front of them, both of them aren't going anywhere.

At least that fast anyway.

Valve Bounce
6th December 2006, 12:22
Just supposing that the ant qualified in front of Rubens at some stage next year, would that change anyone's perspective of this team then?

Ranger
6th December 2006, 12:26
Just supposing that the ant qualified in front of Rubens at some stage next year, would that change anyone's perspective of this team then?

Depends on the situations that arise.

I wouldn't think Super Aguri would be capable of race wins in 2008 anyhow.

PSfan
6th December 2006, 20:32
How sweet it is.

Aren't Toshigi making the Factory Honda cars too? which brings us back to the would Aguri be able to beat Honda, let alone Ferrari and the likes...

No, just lower my opinion of Rubens :p :

Oh wait didn't you say, in equal equipment the Ant would be equal to Button? Then really, should be expected Davidson to be ahead of Rubens from time to time then seeing as they will be in almost the same equipment...

Viv
7th December 2006, 05:43
Nope..but it would change my perspective of the Ant then.
I think Super aguri will do well to be in the points by '08. Getting out of the bottom place is not so difficult but I think there'll be stiff competition from the likes of BMW, Redbull, Toyota and Williams. It'll be an achievement of sorts for them to beat these teams first.They can talk about race wins after that.

Valve Bounce
7th December 2006, 11:59
The problem with this forcast of any event in year 2008, by middle of next month, nobody will even remember what was forcast in year 2007, never mind year 2008.

PSfan
7th December 2006, 17:47
The problem with this forcast of any event in year 2008, by middle of next month, nobody will even remember what was forcast in year 2007, never mind year 2008.

But Valve, in a year and a half, we can always dig this thread back up, and have a good little chuckle at the predictions (providing the forum doesn't get upgraded again in that time. :p : )

Valve Bounce
7th December 2006, 23:45
I think a lot depends on the outcome of any ruling by the FIA whether Super Aguri can use the Toshigi parts for their cars (see link in lead post of this thread) , and also on the resources Honda will provide for their "B" team.

eloyf1
9th December 2006, 23:04
If Button has won a race, nothing is impossible...

Valve Bounce
10th December 2006, 06:09
If Button has won a race, nothing is impossible...
You are really trying to light up the bunsen, aren't you? :p :

Ian McC
10th December 2006, 13:48
Without the millions they have no chance. Even with the millions, as Toyota have demonstrated, there is still no certainty in it.

eloyf1
10th December 2006, 13:58
I only was joking, but you can guess I don't like Button at all...

agwiii
10th December 2006, 14:59

:up: