PDA

View Full Version : Aussie V8 Supercars on KODI

Raggs
6th December 2015, 00:04
Greetings all!
I just registered and look forward to discussions with you. Life-long racing fan with several years marshalling/timekeeping experience including Can-Am (if that doesn't date me ???), F1 and IndyCar as blue-flagger. Just a TV follower now and think the Aussie V8s are the best racing currently but with the demise of SpeedTV in N. America (I'm Canadian), Fox took it away from us.
Does anyone know where I can find the V8 Supercar races on KODI, even if they're delayed instead of live?
Your help I'll really be appreciated.
Thanks
Raggs

Rollo
6th December 2015, 03:06
Does anyone know where I can find the V8 Supercar races on KODI, even if they're delayed instead of live?

I have no idea what KODI but I can tell you... that your previous line in this post has the answer.

Fox took it away from us.

I live in Australia. Fox took it away from us.

Channel 10 hasn't confirmed that any races will be on free-to-air TV yet. Apart from Bathurst which is protected by anti-siphoning legislation, there is a possibility that it might not even be shown on free-to-air TV at all in Australia.

It'll be on Fox, only Fox. All hail Rupert. Make way make way. Bow down.

Starter
6th December 2015, 04:21
Greetings all!
I just registered and look forward to discussions with you. Life-long racing fan with several years marshalling/timekeeping experience including Can-Am (if that doesn't date me ???), F1 and IndyCar as blue-flagger. Just a TV follower now and think the Aussie V8s are the best racing currently but with the demise of SpeedTV in N. America (I'm Canadian), Fox took it away from us.
Thanks
Raggs
Where did you do your marshalling? I know a bunch of the Canadian folks even from back then. CRCA, QRFA or west coast?

Raggs
6th December 2015, 14:55
Hi Rollo,
Thanks for your reply but I wish it was better news. Would you please keep me updated on any progress from your end. Sounds like you miss it too although possibly you can watch live on TEN?
Congrats to Frosty!

Raggs
6th December 2015, 15:03
Hi Starter,
I was fortunate to watch the first Canadian GP at Mosport in '67 and then did timing for several Can-Ams there before joining MMS for over 8 years to marshall and blue-flag all events there, the GP in Montreal and Molson Indy races in Toronto. I think my time on-track was during the "Golden Age" of Canadian racing. I also saw Gilles Villeneuve in Formula Atlantic, Mark Donahue in those killer Porsches and Sir Stirling at Mont Tremblant. I have picture of him in a proper BRG Vanwall doing a tour lap at Mosport.
How about you?

Starter
6th December 2015, 15:37
Hi Starter,
I was fortunate to watch the first Canadian GP at Mosport in '67 and then did timing for several Can-Ams there before joining MMS for over 8 years to marshall and blue-flag all events there, the GP in Montreal and Molson Indy races in Toronto. I think my time on-track was during the "Golden Age" of Canadian racing. I also saw Gilles Villeneuve in Formula Atlantic, Mark Donahue in those killer Porsches and Sir Stirling at Mont Tremblant. I have picture of him in a proper BRG Vanwall doing a tour lap at Mosport.
How about you?
We certainly have met then, as I was at the first 26 Indys in Toronto. Sorry about the CRCA reference, I assumed from what you posted that you predated MMS. My Canadian marshalling included the Indy, Mosport, Montreal, Trois Rivieres, The (one) FAtlantic at Hamilton and a FAtlantic in Nova Scotia.

Rollo
6th December 2015, 22:47
Sounds like you miss it too although possibly you can watch live on TEN?

This is the thing. Network Ten Holdings didn't even show all the races live in Australia on free-to-air in 2015. Fox Sports (Foxtel owns 15% of Ten) pulled the rights from underneath them.

I seriously doubt that any races will be shown live in Australia on free-to-air in 2016, except Bathurst.

Raggs
7th December 2015, 22:57
This is the thing. Network Ten Holdings didn't even show all the races live in Australia on free-to-air in 2015. Fox Sports (Foxtel owns 15% of Ten) pulled the rights from underneath them.

I seriously doubt that any races will be shown live in Australia on free-to-air in 2016, except Bathurst.
What a shame. Let's keep our fingers crossed that they'll see the light. I'd still be happy to get Bathurst, even delayed (which is how SpeedTV in the U.S. would show them) is better than nothing. Youtube has some teasers but I miss the full events so if anything comes up, please let me (and I'm sure others around the globe) know. Thanks.
BTW, KODI is an online system which allows access to many Film and TV servers. It's a free download at koditv.com and is fairly easy to configure.

Raggs
7th December 2015, 23:06
We certainly have met then, as I was at the first 26 Indys in Toronto. Sorry about the CRCA reference, I assumed from what you posted that you predated MMS. My Canadian marshalling included the Indy, Mosport, Montreal, Trois Rivieres, The (one) FAtlantic at Hamilton and a FAtlantic in Nova Scotia.

No problem with the CRCA thing; they're a great bunch too, or at least they were. Where are you now and do you still marshall? What is and was your favourite racing series here and internationally? You can tell from my avatar who my favourite Canadian driver is/was. Ron was always a gentleman and very thankful to the marshalls. He always took the time to speak with as many of us as he could every time at the track. And now he's part-owner of Mosport which as your probably know if Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.
I have a fond memory of my corner crew laughing themselves silly at end of one Molson Indy practice session I had been blue-flagging at the end of the start/finish straight because I'd had to have my head almost out the fence hole to see uptrack and some drivers were using me as a turn-in marker. Getting as close to the wall as possible, some actually touched the wall and threw up rubber dust which powered the left side of my face (because I was looking right) without my knowing it. So when I went to the phone stand, I was half black and half white but didn't know what was so funny until one of the girls gave me a mirror. Good times!

Raggs
7th December 2015, 23:18
I have no idea what KODI but I can tell you... that your previous line in this post has the answer.

I live in Australia. Fox took it away from us.

Channel 10 hasn't confirmed that any races will be on free-to-air TV yet. Apart from Bathurst which is protected by anti-siphoning legislation, there is a possibility that it might not even be shown on free-to-air TV at all in Australia.

It'll be on Fox, only Fox. All hail Rupert. Make way make way. Bow down.

That Rupert comment sounds like my gang at the Montreal GP in 1988. During our short lunch break on Friday (we were at the track daily before 0700 and at our posts by about 0800 to stay until 1700+) an announcement was made telling us to stand at attention when a FIA cavalcade, primarily Jean-Marie Balestre, passed on-track. Well, you know what we thought of that being volunteers who had driven over 350km to get to Montreal and were paying for our own accommodations and meals. We sat on the ARMCO munching our crummy sandwiches and some gave the one-finger salute as the fleet swept by. They were getting paid!

Starter
8th December 2015, 00:16
No problem with the CRCA thing; they're a great bunch too, or at least they were. Where are you now and do you still marshall? What is and was your favourite racing series here and internationally? You can tell from my avatar who my favourite Canadian driver is/was. Ron was always a gentleman and very thankful to the marshalls. He always took the time to speak with as many of us as he could every time at the track. And now he's part-owner of Mosport which as your probably know if Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.

I live in the mid Atlantic part of the US. I stopped marshalling pro stuff after 2006, when CART and ChampCar had folded. I'm still very active with SCCA in a number of different areas.

My favorite series was FAtlantic from the 75 to 77 era. Gilles, Brack, Rahal, Sullivan, Gloy, Cogan, etc.Went to Trois Rivieres in 76 When Gilles was running and Hunt and five or six other F1 drivers were there to run. Great racing and great stories - had to buy James a beer in the hotel bar when the French Canadian bartender refused to acknowledge him because of his accent. All the series have had their ups and downs and I don't follow any all that closely anymore. I still see a couple of your folks when they come south for the racing here, like Peter.

CNR
3rd January 2016, 01:46
kodi is mediacenter software
not sure if they are on tenplay or not
you can get the addon Installing Catchup TV AU Repo and Add-ons for kodi
http://www.openmediacentre.com.au/tutorials/xbmckodi/installing-catchup-tv-au-repo-and-add-ons/

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:TENPlay

Rollo
3rd January 2016, 03:37
kodi is mediacenter software
not sure if they are on tenplay or not
you can get the addon Installing Catchup TV AU Repo and Add-ons for kodi
http://www.openmediacentre.com.au/tutorials/xbmckodi/installing-catchup-tv-au-repo-and-add-ons/

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:TENPlay

This is only relevant if:
a> Ten get to show anything live
b> Ten get to show anything on delay
c> Ten pit it up on Tenplay

All of these are dependent on what Foxtel decides to allow Ten to have.

http://images.tenplay.com.au/~/media/Corporate%20Site%20Media/Files/Annual%20Reviews/2015_Annual_Review.pdf
Business and Strategic Risks
Business risks that could affect the achievement of the Company’s financial prospects include:
An inability to secure and develop appropriate program rights, from both the domestic and overseas market, that generate ratings and in turn, revenues. Controls over the selection, commissioning and approval of content mitigate this risk, with programming decisions backed by research and executive approval to ensure spend is aligned to the strategic plan.
- Director's Report, Network Ten Holdings, 2015

Raggs
3rd January 2016, 18:15
This is only relevant if:
a> Ten get to show anything live
b> Ten get to show anything on delay
c> Ten pit it up on Tenplay

All of these are dependent on what Foxtel decides to allow Ten to have.

http://images.tenplay.com.au/~/media/Corporate%20Site%20Media/Files/Annual%20Reviews/2015_Annual_Review.pdf
Business and Strategic Risks
Business risks that could affect the achievement of the Company’s financial prospects include:
An inability to secure and develop appropriate program rights, from both the domestic and overseas market, that generate ratings and in turn, revenues. Controls over the selection, commissioning and approval of content mitigate this risk, with programming decisions backed by research and executive approval to ensure spend is aligned to the strategic plan.
- Director's Report, Network Ten Holdings, 2015

Thanks for your input CNR and Rollo. I'll keep trying from The Great White North to access any coverage I might find to watch the best racing in the world. If either of you hear anything locally that could point me in a particular direction via KODI, I'd be very appreciative.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL. Let's hope F1 turns into a proper racing series this year!

Zeakiwi
4th January 2016, 03:47
I find the Australian 'supercars' fairly uninteresting to watch on many occasions. The performance parity - engine performance and aerodynamics makes it difficult for drivers to make clean passes, the overtaking driver has to take a risk that can ruin his or the overtaken driver's races.
The Australian GT (sportscar series ) can have interesting races. GT and Touring Car Masters (old v8 touring cars) have their place in DownUnder motorsport.
https://youtu.be/OSOyn6bYpJE (GT3 Highlands 101)
Bathurst 12 hour is an increasingly popular race in Australasia. (Probably webcast somewhere hopefully in 2016, like radio lemans etc)
https://youtu.be/54fS8XRUP2I (Closing stages 2015 race)Factory or factory associated entries from Merc, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Nissan, Audietc

2015 Touring Car Masters - Bathurst - Race 3
https://youtu.be/I5itSmkZoIc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrwVCGpx9WA

Zeakiwi
7th January 2016, 22:03
Gizzy warms the tyres on the Red Bull Commodore, before heading to Daytona for the 24 hour race.
https://youtu.be/jIQGR8lcskA

Raggs
10th January 2016, 17:43
Gizzy warms the tyres on the Red Bull Commodore, before heading to Daytona for the 24 hour race.
https://youtu.be/jIQGR8lcskA
Thanks for the link Zeakiwi...great vid! I'm really looking forward to see how Gizzy does with Red Bull but wish I could watch his progress on TV. I have an old friend in Auckland who I've been trying to push to go to Hamilton or Pukekohe so I can live it vicariously but he's just not a race-nut. I'll keep trying.
Cheers and Happy New a Year all.

Rollo
10th January 2016, 22:52

Dear Giz,
I find your lack of 8s disturbing.

(should have been numbered 8888)

Zeakiwi
15th January 2016, 04:23
US drifter Ryan Tuerck spends the New Year downunder in NZ melting tyres.
https://youtu.be/uLFbLE1BaxE

Raggs
18th February 2016, 18:26
Hi Rollo,
Season's 2 weeks away so have you any idea where I might find the Adelaide (and future) coverage on KODI?
Thanks much