PDA

View Full Version : Donkey of the Race - UAE

steveaki13
29th November 2015, 15:31
Vote time for the last time

gm99
29th November 2015, 15:37
Williams pit crew for unsafe release of Bottas and ruining his race.

N4D13
29th November 2015, 15:58
Maybe and just maybe Alonso if the accident that took out Maldo was caused by him driving into Nasr; I'd need to rewatch that. Otherwise, the stewards for giving out a moronic penalty.

Williams should also get a mention here.

dj_bytedisaster
29th November 2015, 17:12
Donkey of the year has to be F1 itself. I watched the race on Austrian TV and they binned the post-race show with the message "Mercedes won, bit boring, K thanks bye. See you in March."

Sums it up quite nicely...

In 2012 we had 7 different winners, this year we had three. Why do we even watch that shit anymore.

henners88
29th November 2015, 17:14
The stewards for missing the contact that lead to Alonso hitting Maldonado. I would have parked the car and started my sabbatical early if I were Fernando. What a terrible season he's had driving that GP3 car.

Mia 01
29th November 2015, 17:26
Verstappen, a ruthless driver who deserves som lessons.

AndyL
29th November 2015, 17:46
Maybe and just maybe Alonso if the accident that took out Maldo was caused by him driving into Nasr; I'd need to rewatch that.

I watched it again and I think it was a little bit of clumsiness from Alonso. He and Vettel have passed either side of Nasr off the start, but Alonso has moved to the right too soon afterwards, pinching Nasr between himself and the Ferrari. It looks like Nasr's tried to back out of it at the very last second, but too late to avoid the contact. I still think a penalty was unnecessary, stuff happens at the start doesn't it, but I can see some degree of justification for the stewards' decision.

steveaki13
29th November 2015, 18:47
F1 itself

Williams probably for releasing Bottas into the side of Button.

COD
29th November 2015, 20:48
Alonso. He made sure Maldonado didn't have a chance to become the donkey. And then whining about wanting to retire.

Then williams pit crew in close second

Rollo
30th November 2015, 00:22
Fox Sports.
For royally screwing up the F1 coverage for 2015 and then by putting damn adverts on Channel 10, reminding us of how much they're ransoming the sport for.

Probably Alonso? Maybe Nasr?

Rollo
30th November 2015, 00:25
What a terrible season he's had driving that GP3 car.

The McLaren is fine. I bet that that car with even a Renault powerplant in the back would have been better.

Button simultaneously proved that the chassis is well sorted but that the engine is a "bunch of stuff".

AndyL
30th November 2015, 10:50
The McLaren is fine. I bet that that car with even a Renault powerplant in the back would have been better.

Button simultaneously proved that the chassis is well sorted but that the engine is a "bunch of stuff".

Compared to Williams their pace looked pretty handy yesterday, considering the 30kph deficit through the speed trap.

zako85
30th November 2015, 17:24
Donkey of the year has to be F1 itself. I watched the race on Austrian TV and they binned the post-race show with the message "Mercedes won, bit boring, K thanks bye. See you in March."

Sums it up quite nicely...

In 2012 we had 7 different winners, this year we had three. Why do we even watch that shit anymore.

Even in 2011, that boring Red Bull and Vettel domination year, there were five different winners.

N. Jones
30th November 2015, 20:02
The Williams lollypop person is the only one I can think of.

The Black Knight
1st December 2015, 09:02
Maldonado.