PDA

View Full Version : Rossi - Elias touching again

leopard
23rd April 2007, 08:03
I think it is still fresh in our memory that last year Elias took Rossi out of the race in Spain, yesterday's Turkey GP could be repetition of the touch between the two riders.

Who do you think has came into the race line of another? It looks Elias tried to get pass Rossi from inside line and worked, when Rossi was trying to retain his position they unavoidably touched one another. It could become a reason M1 performed weakly beside tires that seems the track favored Bridgestone much than Michelin. Yamaha has criticized Gressini that Elias deserved of warning for that fault, and Gressini has responded that Yamaha and Rossi over-reacted the incident and categorize it naturally happens at racing.

The Phantom
23rd April 2007, 08:22
I thought it was simply a racing incident, although there was definitely a certain level of 'vigour' involved.

If it had led to Rossi being denied a podium, perhaps Yamaha would have a case.

jim mcglinchey
23rd April 2007, 08:51
It was certainly no tougher on Rossi than the agressive bit of overtaking that Vale pulled on Hopper.

Tesco
23rd April 2007, 09:39
It always makes me sit in absolute awe at the nerve of some teams within motorsport. I have the utmost respect for all riders, especially Mr Rossi, but before team managers go whining about the overtaking skills of the competition, perhaps they should cast their menories back to Rossi barging Gibernau off line and into the gravel at the last turn in Spain. Yamaha did not look too concerened then did they? Look, some guy`s are just plain tough to get past, especially if they leave braking till the death and have a good machine under them. It is racing, it happens on four wheels also, with doors banging. No one got hurt. Only pride.

tha_jackal
23rd April 2007, 12:23
The nerve, what about Senor Rossi's movie on one Sete Gibernau at Jerez a few years ago.. THAT was worse than Elias' on Rossi's .. At least Elias seemed to be in some sort of control. Rossi used Gibbers as his breaks..

ChrisS
23rd April 2007, 17:17
Elias moves were acceptable, he raced hard but fair IMHO

fatman
23rd April 2007, 17:54
Although I think Elias is a bit of a renegade and sometimes it seems he is out of control. It's all just part of racing. That said, I don't blame Yamaha for bringing it up either. It's a fine line between aggressive and reckless.

MrJan
23rd April 2007, 19:02
Elias has a wayward style and combined with the exhuberance of Vale it was likely they'd touch in a balls out battle. Simple racing incident and seeing as neither rider was hampered or hurt I don't see why there is a fuss.

leopard
24th April 2007, 03:59
Even though like a bit harsh I'd prefer Elias rides with the nerve like at Istanbul Park rather than inferiorly filling the midfield. Will he have enough consistency at the races to go?

NinjaMaster
24th April 2007, 11:36
Elias has a wayward style and combined with the exhuberance of Vale it was likely they'd touch in a balls out battle. Simple racing incident and seeing as neither rider was hampered or hurt I don't see why there is a fuss.
Because Vale likes to have a grizzle when things don't go his own way. :bigcry:

Rossi has dished out plenty of hard moves in his time and just needs to deal with it when others aren't intimidated by him anymore. Having said that, after watching the racing on the weekend, we commented in our house that bike racing is almost turning into a contact sport! :laugh: There are some brutal passes that take place.

Ranger
24th April 2007, 13:00
Having said that, after watching the racing on the weekend, we commented in our house that bike racing is almost turning into a contact sport! :laugh: There are some brutal passes that take place.

But it's fantastic! :D

But Elias... that guy has to be one of my favourite riders - how can you not like a guy that looks like sliding out of the race every time he applies the brake?? :D

tha_jackal
25th April 2007, 03:13
But it's fantastic! :D

But Elias... that guy has to be one of my favourite riders - how can you not like a guy that looks like sliding out of the race every time he applies the brake?? :D

Heheh, who says u have to be an 'on rails 250 type rider' to master the 800?? Elias rides it like a Superbike haha..

leopard
25th April 2007, 03:58
I still doubt he will make regular repetition of Istanbul.

Rossi's psy war to turn down Elias' apologies post race and said this is the second pain and warning that they will meet in Shanghai is wrongly addressed.

It is sometimes interesting to see that style of riding like Felippe Massa drives a Ferrari if you watch F1 also. All Elias needs is consistency, He might only performs that way once or two races of the season. Let's wait Shanghai.

jonny hurlock
25th April 2007, 19:13
I recond that Elias will be Rossi wrost nightmere now without Biaggi and sete gone

leopard
27th April 2007, 09:03
probably, but I didn't see yet any rivalries against Rossi made by any rider would be as incisive as that made by Biaggi and Sete.

MrJan
27th April 2007, 19:03
You have to be finishing around Rossi every week before he starts to take notice of you and none of the current crop have proven that they can do that yet. Maybe if Casey keeps doing well then we might have something but he doesn't really seem confrontational enough. Shame really because it adds even more spice to the Moto GP excite-mo-round :D

ShiftingGears
28th April 2007, 12:06
Oh have a whinge Rossi! Sometimes that happens in racing!

NinjaMaster
28th April 2007, 15:01
You have to be finishing around Rossi every week before he starts to take notice of you and none of the current crop have proven that they can do that yet. Maybe if Casey keeps doing well then we might have something but he doesn't really seem confrontational enough. Shame really because it adds even more spice to the Moto GP excite-mo-round :D
You are certainly right with your first point but then they've only been around for a season. The likes of Casey and Pedrosa will only get stronger. And don't you worry, Casey isn't afraid to speak his mind and has been known to ruffle a few feathers with his opinions. If he remains consistently up the front til 2/3's through the season, that is when Rossi will start trying some mind games and Stoner will be more than happy to fire a few words back. And I'm looking forward to it! :up:

tha_jackal
1st May 2007, 02:13
You are certainly right with your first point but then they've only been around for a season. The likes of Casey and Pedrosa will only get stronger. And don't you worry, Casey isn't afraid to speak his mind and has been known to ruffle a few feathers with his opinions. If he remains consistently up the front til 2/3's through the season, that is when Rossi will start trying some mind games and Stoner will be more than happy to fire a few words back. And I'm looking forward to it! :up:

Hehe, too right, at the start of his GP career (last year) Casey would often speak about Rossi as though he was some immortal god (rightly so.) I think now however that the image may have been shaken down somewhat.. Maybe to something like; really really good rider with really REALLY good mechanics hahah..

The Phantom
1st May 2007, 02:58
And don't you worry, Casey isn't afraid to speak his mind and has been known to ruffle a few feathers with his opinions.

Yes he seems to already have made a name for himself in the paddock as one of the stronger personalities. I agree, the psych war that's gonna break out mid to late season will be a pearler.

leopard
2nd May 2007, 04:17
I saw a jingle advert of Castrol represents full team or riders: Melandri and Elias and the Manager Fausto Gressini, talking in more than usual duration that they are ready to challenge the title.

I will support Elias making the same exciting race as Istanbul, keep the nerve up against Rossi, this would make the race more colorful.

tha_jackal
7th May 2007, 01:39
Toni, at it again in Shanghai, dont think he's making too many friends at the moment as far as his 'dangerous' riding style goes.. While its impressive maybe he needs to just stay a bit more level headed in the future... I would never ask him to change his style, because hes my favorite rider to watch but, just needs to use his noggin a bit more..

fatman
7th May 2007, 04:38
it wasn't really Toni's style that made him ram his bike into hayden. it was just pure stupidity and immaturity. I can see why the other riders don't like it when he's behind them. You can't trust that he has control over his bike or his aggression.

Does make for good tv tho.

tha_jackal
7th May 2007, 04:53
it wasn't really Toni's style that made him ram his bike into hayden.... You can't trust that he has control over his bike or his aggression.

Does make for good tv tho.

His over agressive nature is clearly displayed in his riding style ;)

At least we agree that it def makes for good TV, when it works anyway.

leopard
8th May 2007, 03:37
He is supposed to make a try to race against Haga which more and less has that style either in Superbike