PDA

View Full Version : scsa season

jonathan carr
23rd April 2007, 02:23
Come on guys get behind this series. Last seasons Btcc started with 11 cars and it was great. Don't forget since Rockingham stopped sponsorship this is now a club meeting and should be teated as such.
If we only get 9 cars in V8 so what. As Murry Walker once famously said ' It only takes two cars to make a race'
So what if V8 Trophy Cars are not headlining ( and that should not take anything away from the PUTS) the raw sound of the V8 engines, the speed of the cars and the commitment of the drivers will make this a great season.
And well done Mr Compton on your input to this forum and good luck.

racing59
23rd April 2007, 07:20
Thanks Jonathon. It's appreciated.

We're not "just a club meeting". SCSA is "National-A" status, which puts us high up the "food chain" in terms of championships.

You have to remember that this sort of racing is not 'just' racing, but an entertainment, and we need to be entertaining! The spectacle of NASCAR is something to strive to attain, 30+ cars on the SCSA grid would be one heck of a sight (and a sound!).

Combined with the pickups, and the other fillers in the menu, it makes for an event, hopefully an event that people will come to see, and come back with their friends/family/workmates etc... The more we fill the stands, the more we all benefit.

The guys & gals behind the scenes have been working hard to make this year the start of something good with not a lot of budget to play with, and what they have done is pretty well superb!

See you all next week for the maiden voyage of the yellow peril!

Rob.

car20
23rd April 2007, 17:40
yup a big pat on the back for all involved to drag scsa of the floor for last season and for this season to not allow it to go quietly into the night!

A really big season in terms of getting fans and teams back.

Me and the family are getting restless now for sunday.

But i would say that others can make this year even bigger if they put away there Ego's and all worked together( there rant over and said it)

good luck to all drivers have a good and SAFE SEASON.

pickup
23rd April 2007, 20:37
You have to remember that this sort of racing is not 'just' racing, but an entertainment, and we need to be entertaining! The spectacle of NASCAR is something to strive to attain, 30+ cars on the SCSA grid would be one heck of a sight (and a sound!).

Rob.
Hoorah for ROB somebody who appreciates the need to "entertain" the public, with people like this then the series will succeed.
You had better be careful Rob to some people on here that word is almost like swearing.

How do you ever get time to work on that car your'e allways on here.LOL

Sticker Rub
23rd April 2007, 23:28
But i would say that others can make this year even bigger if they put away there Ego's and all worked together

Care to elaborate? I'm not having a go, just interested to know who you mean.

just_smile99
24th April 2007, 11:46
I cant wait for this season to start. There isnt many cars but its still a good race, and the pickups are awesome, give it time and it should be like it used to be, but until then i'm still loving it.

X

car20
24th April 2007, 18:32
Sorry but that was just a personal outcry that no doubt every scsa fan has done, With all the cars out there rusting and gathering dust, If you have the means then why not do it?
does it not make sense to spend some money to gain some more money (yes i have flaws in my idea) yes its a free country and you can do as you please.

But how many fans has scsa lost due to the low car count?(for me 2 cars would do)

It is a circle though and as the btcc has shown stick at it and it will grow =more cars more fans and more sponsors? The fans are out there it depends how many you want?

SCSA has to me not even touched on it's own potential they havn't ran on road courses yet!

And that is were the future fan will come from in this country (apart from the already oval fan) we need to convert fans from the heartland of racing at brands and silverstone by having an interest in the cars then into oval racing, rather than into oval racing 1st

how many arguements have you all had defending oval racing to other race fans?