PDA

View Full Version : Ogier thread

dimviii
25th September 2015, 18:17
Ogiers interview at Equipe from google translate
It seems that driving a car with you in the passenger seat, it is unbearable because you see everything before the driver, the dangers, the paths, the environment ...
I am a co-pilot painful - especially for my wife - because I have true automation, I'm always the one that leads to correct, I do not support that one forgets a flashing or being dragged on left lane, especially here in Germany, where the speed is sometimes not limited.

Beyond the anecdote, is that it may be the fastest rally driver in the world is evolving in a different temporal and spatial dimension?
I do not think I have a sixth sense. I am a human like everyone else. The car is my field, may see that by scrolling landscapes at very high speed I developed abilities to analyze the environment, to read information quickly around me.

Your tests, your physical trainer or with the federal physician, suggest that even when you are out standard?
Originally, one must have a certain talent or gift for speed and for the control of a vehicle. But it's something that develops over time. The performance I am capable of producing today with a WRC, I was not able to do ten years ago. I was building, I noticed of course with my first experience in karting, amateur because I did not have the means to compete, I was among the best, if not the best.

How did you develop the talent that is now yours?
First, rally, we are not alone in the car. It takes some time to get the right connection with co-driver (Julien Ingrassia), speak the same language, implement automation, developing a system of personal notes. This is an essential key that takes time. The best drive remains running, and here we are confronted with the problem of the sport: it is difficult to train there. Then there is the physical parameter. I work with a physical trainer for quite a few years to reach peak form, develop reflexes, feeling my body through proprioception (technique to be aware of the position of his body). It goes through balance exercises, on medicine balls, develop reflexes with machines where you have to touch illuminated buttons as fast as possible and at the same time to develop the cerebral side, compute multiplications.
It is not far from the computer ...
It is part brain, but it's also a lot of feeling. Even if you read the information, even if you listen, the most important is still the feeling of the car. When the car from drift or when you lose grip, you must do the right action in very, very short. Rally driver is three things: analyze what's ahead, feel the car and listen to the notes. With these three information, you must make the right decisions.

Didier Auriol, the first world champion of French rallies in 1994, recounted that once, in Corsica, he had managed to evolve "in slow motion" atomizing competition, reaching a sort of state of near levitation. It's happened to you?
No, but I see very well what he wanted to express. This is when you are in harmony with all, when you feel like the body, to be satisfied with the set-up of the car, to do what you want and at the same time notes stick perfectly to the road, the first officer in the timing is perfect, as all factors are gathered to you to be relax ... It happens to me more and more lately, my level has risen, I am in phase upward. The rallies where I loose just a few tenths here and there, I make some now. I think I reached a peak. I have accomplished many races where I feel 99% with very few errors. The goal now is to keep that peak. I do not have much to go for. But we must see that there is a luck factor in our sport, and this year, I have been well served. Sometimes, do not much for a heat turns into exit route.

You talk about luck, success. You were gone for racing mechanic. Can you imagine the life that could have been yours?
I am rather someone who looks ahead, aiming the next goal. But it's true that my destiny is incredible, I who comes from a village of 200 inhabitants, lost in the Alps without means. I am both happy and proud of my route.

History says you borrowed 20 euros to your father to join the operation Youth Rally.
Not exaggerate. I had them in the bag, the 20 euros, I was also a ski instructor, I was teaching. But these 20 euros will remain forever my best investment. I was a young mechanic Rallye team supported by the French Federation, and having experienced these selections inside me believe that it was also possible for me. But what stress! It was played over two days, and between the two I hardly slept, I felt playing my future, it was my only opportunity.

And you paid the 20 euros and a little more ...
Normal ... The 20 euros is anecdotal. I especially was a member in 2008 and 2009 of the France team, I received a budget to run, the system is very clever because the contract provides, if we go pro, to be reimbursed in cash and promotion days . It had to climb two seasons at 600,000 euros, about half of my budget. These were then used to support other, it ensures the continuity of the system and that's why there are a lot of French rallies, as Stéphane Lefebvre, which is in line with Citroën or Eric Camilli if the contract he signed with Toyota happen. The Finns, who dominated at one time, had invented this system, private one, with the sponsor Timo Jouhki. Personally, I also helped a former teammate buying his car for a championship of France.

dimviii
25th September 2015, 18:19
You do grow up the future champion who will send you to retire.
I was glad to have benefited. This is the game. This is a normal working life. We can not accept to be the best forever.

Didier Auriol in 1994, Sébastien Loeb 2004-2012, Ogier since 2013. Simply being French champion for the World Rally?
Perhaps it will not be every day like that. It has become too "normal," we must not trivialize it. It is a human characteristic, or even French, always wanting what you have not, and forget the value of what we have. The Federation has had a very big influence. Need we say more? Jamaica produces sprinters and not ... If a French pilot takes over, I wish him good luck. It constantly hear: "You, it's normal, you just made as the other two before. "

Today you win, as estimated by "Team Magazine ', EUR 7.6 million a year, ninth among French sportsmen, just behind the footballers and basketball players, well before the Olympic champions. Are you where you think need to be?
I was a skier, I was competing, I had ambitions. I am very aware that some athletes deserve better. I earn very good living. The risk parameter is very far, though, touch wood, Safely grew well. We put our lives at stake, it largely explains the amounts you can touch. Beyond that, clearly, I have dominated the past three seasons. It is not unusual to see someone who dominates his sport to be well paid.

What do you do with your money?
Most of the money I won I always. With the life we ​​lead, I do not have much time to spend it. A driver has a busy schedule thirteen weeks of racing per year over twenty or thirty days of testing, and movements that go along with, operations with brands or media. Finally, I have two real cuts of fifteen days per year. I come from a very humble background; at first, so much money, it's weird. And as I spend little, that I am rather conservative, it starts to add up. I can see my future without asking questions, but the first time I was thinking maybe it will not last long, maybe it will happen to me something. So I stayed at investments calm, I played safety. I always did my maximum to keep feet on the ground. I invested in a nice apartment in Switzerland to Lake Constance. I also have some sports cars: a Porsche 991 GT3 RS, and a gift that I had done after my first title, a Ferrari 458 Special. I roll with very little. To be honest, these are cars that have very, very few kilometers, and the one I use the most is my function Touareg, because it is more convenient, you can put many things in the trunk, bicycles, and anything you want.
We win anything with a third title?
My race car, my polo. It was in the contract.
You speak (well) German.
At home we speak English. I start a little German. I started to put his nose in a book to learn slowly. My wife, who knows footballers, keeps telling me, "Franck Ribery made the effort to speak the language, then you must also put you there. "But English is spoken at Volkswagen ... I know that when I have children, they will surely speak German to me first.
You feel German? French? Everywhere ?
I am clearly French, I have a French flag on my race car, I have a French identity card. But we live in a world that has less and less borders.
Is he not missed a share of history with your country since parting with this impossible cohabitation Citroën and Sébastien Loeb?
It happened what happened. I am far from my roots, I feel good in Germany, but I am always proud to represent France at the highest level. I have not managed to become world champion with Citroën. There are parameters that explain it, and we will not discuss them again. But it was a springboard that sent me in another direction, and I am very proud to have managed my career and my life. Inevitably, married in Germany and working for a German team certainly cost me notoriety in France, but I do not play sports to be famous, I do it for the sensations it for me.
Does the popularity of your female suits you?
It's always nice to be recognized for the performance that one does. But when I see the burden on athletes and very famous, I'm not envious. I can have a normal life almost all the time when I'm not on rallies, and I appreciate it greatly. In Faster, a film about MotoGP, Valentino Rossi said, in his first title, as his life in Italy was terrible, he had too many demands on the street, it was getting a job, what. So I really do not run after fame, after the millions of followers after the autographs. They are too difficult lives.
You have just taken an agent, Marcus Höfl, which is that of your wife, but also Franz Beckenbauer or skier Maria Riesch-Höfl, triple Olympic champion, who is also his wife. A very aggressive and ambitious agent. What's the idea?
Long time I did not have an agent or not really. The contracts, it was not complicated, it is discussed in direct driver to team manager. Loeb, for example, one that remains the greatest, he negotiated directly with Guy Fréquelin. Take an agent is to work on the image, but in Germany where Volkswagen operates. For the rally, Germany, it remained in the days of Walter Röhrl, there are thirty, it's not very popular even if it rises. Since it was more F1 with Schumacher, the icon 1, and Vettel. The agent is to improve my presence, especially in the mainstream media. It would please my employer, and in the future, it would allow me to consider new partners - I'm not in that much - and engage my life after.
Was held 43'52 "without actually tease you with Loeb. Not bad, right?
Not bad, yes, but the subject also reduces with time. I totally understand that there were a lot of comparisons. When one aspires to be the best, so this is my case, it is inevitably compared to the best, and for ten years it was him. There was so much in common in our ascents and our careers. Although there has been annoying times. In fact, it has gone through all stages. At first it was rather pleasant and flattering, but after, you want to say to you and you do not want to be compared with someone else. Today, therefore, it subsides, he stopped his career, and here.
Is it that you lack?
No ... Even if it is not there, other very good drivers lead me a hard time. After that, it would have been exciting to have a real confrontation that never really occurred. It was very early in my career high, I lacked experience, which is a fundamental factor in rallying. It was difficult to fight against such a champion who was at the peak of his career. If he wants to come back, we would welcome.
Think a return, other than punctual, feasible?
It's not me that you should ask. But if I put myself in his shoes, I see him back badly. Gave lot for many years. But it suddenly Susceptible extra boost to WRC. When he returned part time, it gave rise to great battles. On a full championship, although he has over forty, one can not consider it as an old, that would be exciting.
At the time of the beautiful agreement, you shared an afternoon barbecue. Is it that time has erased the words and these Swiss garden parties resumed?
We no longer lives at all the same region, there is no longer the same schedules. There was more contact, but when I meet him, which is rare, I am very glad to see him. We exchange friendly manner. I respect him a lot

Mintexmemory
28th September 2015, 00:56
Think we really could use a better translation - Google really is terrible and never conveys the colloquial nuance.

stefanvv
28th September 2015, 01:04
babelfish.com

N.O.T
28th September 2015, 01:07
Oh come on he is not that important yet to have his own thread... he has less titles than Makinen for gods sake... and from all people YOU open this thread Dim ?? That will cost you at least 3 beers before the acropolis this year... AT LEAST !!!

stefanvv
28th September 2015, 01:13
what ?!? Ogier doesn't have a thread until now?!?

N.O.T
28th September 2015, 01:28
yes nobody bothers with him... you see when there is more noise around what you say, rather on what you do, it usually is a short topic and not a big one.

stefanvv
28th September 2015, 01:32
yes, I agree, achievements are not important. and there is more, what You say wrong is more important than what say right.... All in all we are very far away what would equal us to God(s)

Ounin
28th September 2015, 12:39
This thread will be loaded when Volkswagen pulls the plug out of WRC campaign ...

thuGG
28th September 2015, 12:41
Why would they do that? Makes no sense to me.

Gregor-y
28th September 2015, 16:18
If it hits anything it will only be competition involving diesel cars. VW's rally effort is safe from everything but the boredom of being alone at the top.

MikeD
28th September 2015, 16:43
People who think VW will be in the WRC next year, are not up to date on the crisis!

I bet Ogier and Citroën are in contact right now.

Mirek
28th September 2015, 16:52
People who think VW will be in the WRC next year, are not up to date on the crisis!

Why do You think that VW will abandon WRC?

N.O.T
28th September 2015, 17:15
Why do You think that VW will abandon WRC?

because the leading automobile company in the world with an estimated revenue of around 200 billion will crumble under the 10-20 billion fine (which i really doubt it will be that high)... isn't it obvious ???

MikeD
28th September 2015, 21:03
because the leading automobile company in the world with an estimated revenue of around 200 billion will crumble under the 10-20 billion fine (which i really doubt it will be that high)... isn't it obvious ???

Don't look at revenue. Look at future earnings. The first big law suit is 18 billion USD. There is according to CNBC app. 200 more heavy money lawsuits made. The earnings-miss will be huge in the next years. So of course they will leave the WRC. Try and have a look at the share price to get a sense of how serious this is. It's gone from €256,00 to €99,30 and several banks won't let their customers trade neither the stocks, nor the company bonds.
In the end, the German government will step in, but not without a price. VW is owned by the shareholders, and they will look on how to solve the issues and improve future earnings ... and motorsport will definately get the knife.

Simmi
28th September 2015, 21:36
I have no idea what is going to happen with Volkswagen - but if we do see things fall apart Yves Matton is going to benefit massively by waiting on those driver contracts. Although, interesting that what appeared to be imminent news about Paddon/Hyundai has not materialized yet. But that might not be related.

I bet there are some very interesting talks going on behind the scenes right now. I can't imagine anyone within VAG is really going to be able to give Ogier any assurances as they are still dealing with the fallout/trying not to get fired themselves.

Ounin
28th September 2015, 22:09

Spot on, that's what I mean, didn't realize my remark would be difficult ...

JakefromWRC
22nd April 2016, 15:14
VW probably has to leave because of budgeting, considering the current diesel crisis it is currently going through.

pantealex
22nd April 2016, 15:21
VW probably has to leave because of budgeting, considering the current diesel crisis it is currently going through.

NO

JakefromWRC
22nd April 2016, 20:37
I'm probably wrong about the budgeting part, but VW sure are having some issues about their diesel vehicles.

EightGear
22nd April 2016, 20:55
I'm probably wrong about the budgeting part, but VW sure are having some issues about their diesel vehicles.
Because of all the mess they're in they've 'reported a loss in 2015 off 'only' 1.4 billion. If it wasn't for that provision of 16.2 billion they would have had a huge profit again. You can so the math yourself.

N.O.T
22nd April 2016, 21:05

do not buy a diesel VW then.

Ctesibios
14th June 2017, 03:28
https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/rallye/wrc/detail_le-coup-de-gueule-d-ogier-faire-un-reglement-pour-les-losers-ca-n-a-jamais-ete-ma-vision?id=9629948

At 1:05 (just before the banana!), "ça ne durera pas très longtemps pour moi" -> I don't intend to endure it much longer (my liberal translation)

If you only consider this interview, he is going to quit at the end of this year and retire! Maybe he just is a sore looser though. I had the feeling he was going to quit at the end of 2016, but he "needed" to try the 2017 spec cars before retiring in my opinion.

Reading the previous posts in this thread was quite funny as some were bang on and others so far off with the VW situation!

Watson
14th June 2017, 07:51
'I don't intend to stay much longer.' doesn't mean he quits at the end lf the season.

All the noises he makes suggest he will stay at least another year after 2017.

And what do you mean he is a sore loser? He's still very much the favourite to win the title this year.

Mintexmemory
16th June 2017, 16:34
https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/rallye/wrc/detail_le-coup-de-gueule-d-ogier-faire-un-reglement-pour-les-losers-ca-n-a-jamais-ete-ma-vision?id=9629948

At 1:05 (just before the banana!), "ça ne durera pas très longtemps pour moi" -> I don't intend to endure it much longer (my liberal translation)

"For me (i.e my opinion is) that will not last very long" is a better (and not liberal to suit my bias) translation. Ogier is not going anywhere while Loeb's record is a realistic target!

Ctesibios
16th June 2017, 17:23
"For me (i.e my opinion is) that will not last very long" is a better (and not liberal to suit my bias) translation. Ogier is not going anywhere while Loeb's record is a realistic target!
Mintexmemory, which record would that be? The 9 driver's titles?

EstWRC
16th June 2017, 22:10
He is also saying in Estonian newspaper that he maybe ends his career after this season but he thinks he will still continue couple of seasons

macebig
17th June 2017, 00:59
Don't expect Ogier to retire anytime soon. His goal is matching (and surpassing...) Loeb. And as we know, he has a lot more work to do...

Mintexmemory
17th June 2017, 17:36
Mintexmemory, which record would that be? The 9 driver's titles?

Yep, as macebig posted that is his main motivation and he is still young enough.

SubaruNorway
17th June 2017, 19:36
Yep, as macebig posted that his his main motivation and he is still young enough.

He's always said the opposite officially though

Mintexmemory
20th June 2017, 07:46
He's always said the opposite officially though

Well he would, wouldn't he! If he stated that was his ambition a) he sets himself up for accusations of egoism and b) failure to achieve it would diminish his career achievements.

cmac
20th June 2017, 14:05
Well for me if he goes on to win the championship this year, 5 titles with two different manufactures equals if not betters Loebs 9 for me.

electroliquid
20th June 2017, 14:46
Also very important against whom win titles...

seb_sh
20th June 2017, 15:30
I think I said this a couple of times before, but I think Ogier's fight is against Loeb and his records. That is the highest bar that he can set, sure publicly he was always praising Loeb's performances but I think in his mind it is like a target. I don't think this is wrong especially when for years you have no true rival. And if you understand this you can also understand why he was upset when he was coming 2nd and 3rd due to road rules even with a huge lead in the drivers championship. Not saying it was ok to whine but in his mind he is racing against Loeb's number of victories and titles.

About the different manufacturer I also think that would be something in Ogier's favour, it's perhaps the one footnote on Loeb's record: he never won with a different team.

Andre Oliveira
5th July 2017, 23:19
10 reasons to think that Ogier is better than Loeb and obviously better than all others of same era:

-> Beat Loeb with same weapons
-> Had the corauge to leave all powerfull Citröen to join unknown VW
-> Go down to S2000, but still shinning
-> VW Polo R WRC developed around him was so good or better than Citröen by Loeb
-> Tottaly dominance of WRC since beggining of VW era
-> Didn't need splits plays (eg: final stage decelaration to play with start order of next day)
-> Didn't need help of team mates (eg: intentional decelaration to let him pass in classification)
-> Still winning with start order rule made to prejudice him (indisputable argument)
-> Leave best team, to less good team with less arguments and with car not developed by him
-> With smart drive, lead the championship, being the only top driver without retirement or rally2 rule

So, for me, Ogier (like or not) is not the best rally driver of last years, he is one of the all time best.

Rally Power
6th July 2017, 00:13
Wow, you’re a true Ogier supporter, André! Obviously you’re also aware that Loeb fans can reverse almost all those arguments and add some few others, by saying: ‘Loeb beat Ogier with same weapons’, ‘Loeb didn’t leave a French Manu to serve a German Manu’ (that one really pissed off the Frenchie…), ‘Loeb start shinning by winning S1600 JWRC’, ‘Loeb developed 3 different cars and dominated with all of them’, ‘Loeb beat two team mates that were former WRC champs’, ‘Loeb sacrifice his first WRC title to help Citroen win a manu title’, etc, etc.

Still, no one can contest your last sentence:

Ogier (…) is not the best rally driver of last years, he is one of the all time best.
Amen.

focus206
6th July 2017, 00:27
10 reasons to think that Ogier is better than Loeb and obviously better than all others of same era:

To me what you listed sounds more like "10 reasons why Ogier is a great rally driver" rather than "better than Loeb", this is my opinion:

-> Beat Loeb with same weapons
He did, in some rallies, but also Hirvonen beat Loeb in some rallies, yet he was far from being Loeb. Scrapping 2009 and 2010, in which Ogier was still a WRC rookie so obviously slower than Loeb, in 2011 they fought for the title and Loeb won, that's the only championship battle they did.

-> Had the corauge to leave all powerfull Citröen to join unknown VW
Ok, nothing to say here, but he wasn't having an easy life with Citroen team, so I wouldn't give all the reasons why he left Citroen to "courage".

-> Go down to S2000, but still shinning
I don't see the relation with Loeb in this one? It's true, but you would expect every fast WRC driver to shine in a lesser category.

-> VW Polo R WRC developed around him was so good or better than Citröen by Loeb
Difficult to say how much VW was dominant for their merit or for the opponents' demerit, but I agree that there was a bigger gap between VW vs opponents in Ogier era compared to Citroen vs opponents in Loeb era. This could mean though that Loeb won so much while driving a car that wasn't so strong against its opponents compared to Ogier/VW and their opponents.

-> Tottaly dominance of WRC since beggining of VW era
True, but also Loeb dominated since his 3rd year in the WRC, and in my opinion, with less dominance but against a stronger opposition, and with a car which was fast, but not as fast as the Polo.

-> Didn't need splits plays (eg: final stage decelaration to play with start order of next day)
I don't see this having a big value, they were different rules years ago, it's not like Ogier refused to "play the game" and won anyway, or am I forgetting something?

-> Didn't need help of team mates (eg: intentional decelaration to let him pass in classification)
This one is true, I can recall only twice when Loeb needed his teammates, but it's true nonetheless.

-> Still winning with start order rule made to prejudice him (indisputable argument)
True that he won rallies with a big disadvantage in the starting order, then again, different rules, Loeb never tried this.

-> Leave best team, to less good team with less arguments and with car not developed by him
I disagree that this is something to list, as Ogier went to M-Sport only because VW left. He already had a contract with them, the best WRC team with which Ogier won 4 titles. I don't see him being different from Loeb from "not leaving the best team". Ogier did, but didn't have a choice.

-> With smart drive, lead the championship, being the only top driver without retirement or rally2 rule
Ogier is being impressive for that reason in this season. In fact, he's the favourite to win the championship, it will be hard for Neuville to finish all remaining rallies without DNFs. But again, I don't see what does this have to do with Loeb? Also Loeb was very consistent, and Ogier is not running against him right now.

So, for me, Ogier (like or not) is not the best rally driver of last years, he is one of the all time best.
Ogier is without a doubt one of the best rally drivers ever. In my opinion he's the second best so far, after Loeb :p But after all, these are mostly personal opinions. Shame they didn't run in the same era, we would have had more exciting battles instead of seasons totally dominated.

RAS007
6th July 2017, 04:29
Well for me if he goes on to win the championship this year, 5 titles with two different manufactures equals if not betters Loebs 9 for me.

Agreed; for similar reasons, for me personally, Kankkunen is still the greatest due to his 4 titles with 3 different manufacturers.

sollitt
6th July 2017, 04:41
Well for me if he goes on to win the championship this year, 5 titles with two different manufactures equals if not betters Loebs 9 for me.So winning 5 titles with two silver spoons trumps winning 9 titles with just one?

tomhlord
6th July 2017, 08:32
So winning 5 titles with two silver spoons trumps winning 9 titles with just one?

He hasn't won 5 titles.

AnttiL
6th July 2017, 09:53
He hasn't won 5 titles.

There was an "if"

rhm
6th July 2017, 10:23
Agreed; for similar reasons, for me personally, Kankkunen is still the greatest due to his 4 titles with 3 different manufacturers.

Yes, and also Sainz, coulda woulda shoulda won a few more championships...

AnttiL
6th July 2017, 10:41
Kankkunen won WRC rallies in RWD car, 4WD car, Group B car, group A car and WRC car. And not just one each, but at least two each. No one else can say the same.

Francis44
6th July 2017, 11:57
Interesting discussion, any fan will argue his favorite driver is better.

However, and being a huge Loeb supporter, he lost a bit of respect from me when he ran away like as soon as he found out Ogier would have a powerfull team alongside him, and that as we all know would mean the first true competition for a championship in many years.

Lousada
6th July 2017, 18:41
So far Ogier has never had to face someone as good as Marcus Grönholm. When people compare Ogier and Loeb I think they really underestimate how good Grönholm really was. Nut until this season I think Neuville is approaching the same speed and consistency as Grönholm had in Loeb's days.

In that sense I rate Ogiers VW titles the same as Loebs last few titles. They could be compared as during these two periods Ogier and Loeb both had the best car by far and their only major rivals were their teammates. Since Ogier joined Ford we now have a duel between two great drivers in different teams. In that sense it resembles more Loebs first few years were he faced Grönholm.

AnttiL
6th July 2017, 18:48
Yeh, some championships are more valuable than others. When Biasion won his titles in 1988 and 1989, there were really no other realistic contenders other than his teammates, who weren't even driving a full program. The rival teams were the RWD Ford and the underdeveloped Toyota.

L555MAT
6th July 2017, 19:03
Yes, and also Sainz, coulda woulda shoulda won a few more championships...
I agree...Colin Mcrae is my all time favourite driver but I think Sainz is probably the best ever

Allez Andruet
6th July 2017, 19:16
Yeh, some championships are more valuable than others. When Biasion won his titles in 1988 and 1989, there were really no other realistic contenders other than his teammates, who weren't even driving a full program. The rival teams were the RWD Ford and the underdeveloped Toyota.

Yes, it true that Miki's titles came when Dr. Alen was already slightly past his prime (as well as not driving full program as you already wrote), Kankkunen was basically out of any title contention due to underdeveloped and unreliable Toyota and the new generation of drivers (namely Sainz, Auriol, Delecour) were still too green. But... I don't think that should downplay Miki's resume. He was really close snatching the title already in 1987 and pretty much matched the pace of Alen and Toivonen during his Jolly Club days in 1984 and 1985. So Miki definitely deserves to be ranked right up there with other greats.

racerx1979
6th July 2017, 20:37
My vote goes to Marcus Gronholm for being fast, crazy and extremely entertaining with his choice of words.

AnttiL
6th July 2017, 20:42
Yes, it true that Miki's titles came when Dr. Alen was already slightly past his prime (as well as not driving full program as you already wrote), Kankkunen was basically out of any title contention due to underdeveloped and unreliable Toyota and the new generation of drivers (namely Sainz, Auriol, Delecour) were still too green. But... I don't think that should downplay Miki's resume. He was really close snatching the title already in 1987 and pretty much matched the pace of Alen and Toivonen during his Jolly Club days in 1984 and 1985. So Miki definitely deserves to be ranked right up there with other greats.

Between Portugal 1988 and Acropolis 1989 Biasion started in ten rallies with nine wins and one second place. I don't think even Loeb managed a streak like that, but it's not that he was so much better than everyone else, there just was no reasonable competition. I agree that he's very good, but just not that good.

stefanvv
6th July 2017, 23:31
del

Daviesalaam
28th July 2017, 11:05
What's happening Ogier's new, car... Throttle fault?!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

jiipee64
20th June 2023, 18:44
This just popped on Canal + France.

En Aparte
Invité : Sébastien Ogier
Une personnalité est invitée par Nathalie Levy à évoquer son actualité et à parler de sa vie et de sa carrière. L'entretien se déroule dans un appartement où l'invité est seul et répond aux questions de son hôte dont on n'entend que la voix.

My french is "tres mauvais".
But this sounded very interesting.

https://www.canalplus.com/divertissement/en-aparte/h/16928081_50001