PDA

View Full Version : Monza

Bagwan
5th September 2015, 13:47
Qualifying about to start , so I guess it's time for a thread about it , so that me and the crickets have something to talk about .

Bagwan
5th September 2015, 14:19
Q1 is over , and the crickets and I are about to watch Q2 .

Bagwan
5th September 2015, 15:08
Well well , now , what do we have here ?

Lewis on pole , with hungry Seb right behind him .

And Ice Cream Kimi sitting right beside Hamilton with Cripple Creek Nico right behind , all mad about horsepower or something , ready to make an almighty lunge into the first corner , and then a spectacular outside run into Parabolica on the first lap to take the lead and ultimately the win and then the championship with pole and wins in all the remaining races .

Bagwan
5th September 2015, 15:11
bagwan , you can't be serious .

You're such a Nico fanboy .

And , you hate Lewis . You know you do , so don't deny it .

Mia 01
5th September 2015, 15:22
Kimi, Kimi, Kimi, Kimi!!!!

Mia 01
5th September 2015, 15:23
And, I like Kimi!

Bagwan
5th September 2015, 15:26
I can be serious , if I want to .

I do think it's gonna be a race tomorrow .
But , I have a feeling Lewis won't be in it , as he suffers the same issue as Nico faced today .
It's just a feeling , nothing more , and not wishing it on him .

If it does happen , Nico may have his hands pretty full , trying to beat those red guys .

It could be good .
And , I might miss it .

Bagwan
5th September 2015, 15:28
Just me , Mia , and the crickets .

Hi , Mia !

Kimi did great , eh ?

Bagwan
5th September 2015, 15:32
Maybe it was a little more "Give me a contract and I will show you ." , than "Show us , and we'll give you a contract ." for the Ice Cream man .

AndyL
5th September 2015, 15:35
Go Kimi :D

We got a very nice view of the Torro Rosso engine, gearbox and radiator packaging, thanks to the mechanics' finger trouble.

zako85
5th September 2015, 15:49
Go Kimi :D

We got a very nice view of the Torro Rosso engine, gearbox and radiator packaging, thanks to the mechanics' finger trouble.

Finally, Red Bull has intelligence access on a superior chassis design technology!

Mia 01
5th September 2015, 15:57
Hi there Baggy! We could be in for a red victory tomorrow, it´s all I dare to say. Don´t want to jinx it.

Bagwan
5th September 2015, 17:12
Finally, Red Bull has intelligence access on a superior chassis design technology!

You've got to wonder which hurts more .
Is it the cost of the piece that was ripped off , or the exposure of all the pieces underneath ?

Bagwan
5th September 2015, 17:20
Hi there Baggy! We could be in for a red victory tomorrow, it´s all I dare to say. Don´t want to jinx it.

Oh , Mia , I hope you haven't already said too much !

The reds will have to watch those Willies , as they've got that Merc lump , too .

But , Your man Kimi will have the little German as his tailgun , so if the red car holds up , he's got every chance to push little Lulu into the red zone with the maybe fragile new motor package .

All he has to do is stay out of the way of the anguished Rosberg torpedo at the first corner .

Go , Kimi .

Tazio
5th September 2015, 17:35
I could be wrong but I think Boss is going to cake-walk this race!

Bagwan
5th September 2015, 18:21
I could be wrong but I think Boss is going to cake-walk this race!

Welcome to the thread Mr. Bear .

It's because it looks like that that I think it might all fall apart for the boy .
It was easy ... too easy .

Will they both be running the old ones , with Hammy back some penalty spots , even before the lights go off ?
Or , will it see him to the end on a limp ?

Will Lewis be skewered by his sad , under-powered team-mate at the first corner ?
Or , perhaps by a sketchy Seb , or a wild Mousa dive ?

Are the reds enough prepared to fight for it , having written off some of the time in practice to Singapore ?

And , most importantly , aren't some of those cheezy tattoos that the "boss" has itchy at all when he puts on that race suit ? He seems to get a new one about once a week .
Being itchy takes some of your concentration away , so he'll obviously mess up his clutch setting and it will bite point him on the bum .
You just watch .
Best tat I ever saw was " No Regerts ! " .

Mia 01
5th September 2015, 19:39
The reds are going to put som pressure on Hammy for sure, It could go both ways, either he wins or the Engine will blow, blow smoke as White as Hammys hair.

truefan72
5th September 2015, 19:40
http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/13588281/sauber-marcus-ericsson-handed-monza-grid-penalty-impeding-nico-hulkenberg

Ericsson penalty is slightly absurd.
Yes on principle he did impede twice, but the penalty should be taken in accordance with the car and eventual outcome
I could see issuing it if hulkenberg did not make Q2 or Q3 for that matter, but both drivers made it through and thus should have nullified the penalty
Common sense should prevail in such matters over a somewhat subjective viewing of an on track situation.
It would have been nice to see the sauber up there in the top 10. oh well

N4D13
5th September 2015, 23:19
Regardless of what the race result is like, one needs to consider Sauber and Toro Rosso for the star of the race award. They have lent some tyre warmers to Lotus because the Lotus ones were broken.

Tazio
5th September 2015, 23:58
Welcome to the thread Mr. Bear .

It's because it looks like that that I think it might all fall apart for the boy .
It was easy ... too easy .

Will they both be running the old ones , with Hammy back some penalty spots , even before the lights go off ?
Or , will it see him to the end on a limp ?

Will Lewis be skewered by his sad , under-powered team-mate at the first corner ?
Or , perhaps by a sketchy Seb , or a wild Mousa dive ?

Are the reds enough prepared to fight for it , having written off some of the time in practice to Singapore ?

And , most importantly , aren't some of those cheezy tattoos that the "boss" has itchy at all when he puts on that race suit ? He seems to get a new one about once a week .
Being itchy takes some of your concentration away , so he'll obviously mess up his clutch setting and it will bite point him on the bum .
You just watch .
Best tat I ever saw was " No Regerts ! " .

This!! Plus add into the equation that it's Monza dawgz :angel:
I have to say I'm hoping for a wide open race! Yeah.....Monza.... :dork:

Tazio
6th September 2015, 00:01
The reds are going to put som pressure on Hammy for sure, It could go both ways, either he wins or the Engine will blow, blow smoke as White as Hammys hair.
Not sure why you are so sure.....unless the fix is in! :eek:

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/formula-3-race-car-monza-race-track-27090478.jpg
:stareup: :confused:

Nitrodaze
6th September 2015, 12:42

Mercedes have not fully sorted their launch system, hence still have a slowish get away from standstill. A betting man would say at least one Ferrari would be in front by or after the first corner. Both the Ferrari and Merc engines have new components, hence there is a reliability question mark on both. The Merc seem more brittle, with Rosberg and Grosjean losing a new engine each. But there are more Merc engines running at the mo, which would suggest that it may unlike to be a widespread problem. But obviously, there is a higher chance of another Merc car having some engine failure during the race. The lottery is which one?

A Kimi win would be great news for all true F1 fans. About time the Iceman sees some sunny side. Clearly, Ferrari have stopped messing about with Kimi and are taken him more seriously after the recent loss of point from a potential one two. Also this weekend reminds alot of people that Kimi on his day is as fast or faster than best out there given a car that is to his liking. I really hope to see more of this. But Kimi in an interview with Tom Clarkson of the BBC [it may seem all BBC front men are called Clarkson], hinted that he his focused on challenging for the championship in 2016.

The rate that Ferrari is progressing with the engine and aero of the car, they are on trajectory to match the Merc on all fronts before or at the close of the season. This would really setup 2016 for a cracking year of racing with 4 cars with near equal chance of winning races. 3 out of the four with World champions in it. Who is going to be the world champion of 2016, is anyones guess by the look things at the mo. One thing that is looking less equivocally certain, is that a Merc driver would win it. That said, The Merc drivers would have a better chance than most to win it, especially if the team cut out their mistakes.

steveaki13
6th September 2015, 13:33
So its coming up race time dawgs.......

Only 371 combined Penalty positions.... lol what a joke.

steveaki13
6th September 2015, 13:44
Fred hugging Flavio..... but no Piquet to help their strategy :confused:

Tazio
6th September 2015, 13:46
Monza Dawgz, hope it's a cracker!!

Tazio
6th September 2015, 13:48
Top 'o the morning Steve :angel:

steveaki13
6th September 2015, 13:58
Hi Taz. Long time no speak

Kimi?????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????/ WTF

Last

gm99
6th September 2015, 14:01
And both Lotus out as well early on...
Hamilton running away with it once again.

Tazio
6th September 2015, 14:08
Kimi Man :angel:

Koz
6th September 2015, 14:14
Kimi Man :angel:

What did he do??

gm99
6th September 2015, 14:15
Verstappen passing Alonso in spite of a drive-through penalty. Those Hondas are painfully slow!

truefan72
6th September 2015, 14:31
once again poor srategy has cost williams

steveaki13
6th September 2015, 14:44
Mclaren's are so slow.......

Hamilton pummelling the field so far.

N. Jones
6th September 2015, 14:55
How can a great track host such a BORING race?

steveaki13
6th September 2015, 15:01
Monza like Silverstone can host classics but also can host dull ones.

Trouble is Hamilton is so fast it was game over after one lap. Vettel was way ahead in second for much of the race.

truefan72
6th September 2015, 15:10
WTF are mercedes doing to hamilton?

Koz
6th September 2015, 15:13
WTF are mercedes doing to hamilton?

Going too slow for Bernie? Based on the comment earlier about saving the engine?

N4D13
6th September 2015, 15:14
Could Hamilton's orders be justified by Merc expecting some sort of penalty due to, e.g., coaching?

truefan72
6th September 2015, 15:14
oh dear me!
oh my Rosberg out

Just as i was begging for the race director to show the rosberg vettel fight!

where the stupid mercedes crew looking at the wrong car

well there goes our 1-2

truefan72
6th September 2015, 15:16
ok can the race director go back to the massa bottas fight?

stupid race director, decides to show vettel waving for 15 seconds instead of bottas massa fight

truefan72
6th September 2015, 15:22
mercedes race engineers are ridiculous,
I would love to hear their explanation for Hamilton
As to rosberg, they should have paid more attention to his car and told him to back off to help that engine get to the end
if he slowed down enough he might have saved p3

I really need to hear what mercedes have to say, asking him to speed up is strange to say the least

N4D13
6th September 2015, 15:25
mercedes race engineers are ridiculous,
I would love to hear their explanation for Hamilton
As to rosberg, they should have paid more attention to his car and told him to back off to help that engine get to the end
if he slowed down enough he might have saved p3

I really need to hear what mercedes have to say, asking him to speed up is strange to say the least
Well, Hamilton, Rosberg and a Merc representative have been summoned by the stewards and people are saying that this might have been due to their tyre pressures dropping below the legal threshold at the start of the race.

gm99
6th September 2015, 15:30
Apparently, Ferrari are under investigation as well for a tire pressure violation.

truefan72
6th September 2015, 15:35
Apparently, Ferrari are under investigation as well for a tire pressure violation.

this is getting absurd

steveaki13
6th September 2015, 15:37
Confirmed Mercedes and maybe Ferrari under investigation for tyre pressures.

Williams 1-2 if they get chucked out. :p

truefan72
6th September 2015, 15:38
listen to ted kravitz frothing at his mouth hoping mercedes gets a penalty

steveaki13
6th September 2015, 15:39
Does anyone else feel all these rules and regs and penalties actually are costing F1.

Anyone remember back in the days when cars raced and penalties only for things like jumping starts, speeding in pits.

It was so much easier back then. :(

steveaki13
6th September 2015, 15:40
listen to ted kravitz frothing at his mouth hoping mercedes gets a penalty

Seems F1 cant exsist without grid penalties and these things. Its cos it appears the only way to liven up a race and championship that Hamilton is dominating.

truefan72
6th September 2015, 15:43
and it seems now that it might be a couple of cars as well. as to hamilton's car it was 0.3 below the recommended pressure at some point SMH
Looks like Ferrari, Force india and possibly williams too

these guys are threatening to make the race a fiasco
absurdity of course is the name of the game for fIA

truefan72
6th September 2015, 15:46
Does anyone else feel all these rules and regs and penalties actually are costing F1.

Anyone remember back in the days when cars raced and penalties only for things like jumping starts, speeding in pits.

It was so much easier back then. :(

yup, it is just ruining a good show, who at pirelli measured it at 0.3 below, when their technical delegate was there and approved the psi when they were first inflated
its just pathetic. As if Mercedes or Ferrari would need to lower tire pressure to gain an advantage

N4D13
6th September 2015, 15:47
Sorry truefan and Steve, but I just don't see what's the point of your flak. There is a set of technical regulations and teams are expected to comply with it - and if they don't, they get penalized, full stop.

Now, what might actually be open for discussion is, if these low pressures were at the start of the race, whether it makes sense to be stringent with these at a point of the race where cars are stationary, tyre temperatures drop and so do tyre pressures.

dj_bytedisaster
6th September 2015, 15:48
According to Sky Germany the right rear tyre of both Mercedes and Ferrari cars were checked before the start because that's the wheel with the most load. According to them Ferrari were withing the limit and both Mercs were under-pressured. If that's true, they are cheating bastards.

steveaki13
6th September 2015, 15:54
Pat Symonds saying penalty could be a disqualification.

Is that in the hope its a Williams 1-2?

I can't see stewards DSQ a Ferrari :p

steveaki13
6th September 2015, 15:56
Sorry truefan and Steve, but I just don't see what's the point of your flak. There is a set of technical regulations and teams are expected to comply with it - and if they don't, they get penalized, full stop.

Now, what might actually be open for discussion is, if these low pressures were at the start of the race, whether it makes sense to be stringent with these at a point of the race where cars are stationary, tyre temperatures drop and so do tyre pressures.

Not just about that. Generally I dont remember people making a big issue of 0.3psi 20 years ago.

Or people getting 55 placed grid penalties 15 years ago.

dj_bytedisaster
6th September 2015, 15:56
Pat Symonds saying penalty could be a disqualification.

Is that in the hope its a Williams 1-2?

I can't see stewards DSQ a Ferrari :p

Tyre pressures of the Ferraris were okay, those of both Mercs were too low. Check happened right after the five minutes signal before the start.

N4D13
6th September 2015, 15:59
Not just about that. Generally I dont remember people making a big issue of 0.3psi 20 years ago.

Or people getting 55 placed grid penalties 15 years ago.
Well, the 55-place grid penalty bit is something we can argue about, although we should keep in mind that this was changed because carrying the remainder of grid penalties to the following races wasn't understood by viewers. It's just a patch over something that wasn't really working to begin with.

And yeah, 20 years ago things might have been different. I didn't follow F1 then, but still, I believe that technical rules were rather black-and-white and if you fell foul of them, as Mercedes seems to have done, then you got disqualified. I don't know if they measured tyre pressures back then, but the overall principle remains the same.

dj_bytedisaster
6th September 2015, 16:02
And yeah, 20 years ago things might have been different. I didn't follow F1 then, but still, I believe that technical rules were rather black-and-white and if you fell foul of them, as Mercedes seems to have done, then you got disqualified. I don't know if they measured tyre pressures back then, but the overall principle remains the same.

The penalty will be adjusted to what's best for "the show".

truefan72
6th September 2015, 16:03
smh at williams guys, yeah they are calling for DQ
of course they would
how about the safety issue of putting on the wrong tire
that should be a DQ right?

and yeah it comes out Ferrari are in the clear...but of course

steveaki13
6th September 2015, 16:04
Absolutely. If they are guilty then a pen or DSQ is deserved.

truefan72
lol ted asks if 0.3psi on one left rear accounts for the performance difference from hamilton over vettel SMH

Bagwan
Yeah , could be trouble for the dirty rotten cheaters , as Lewis was .3psi , and Nico was 1.1psi low on those doughnuts .
Woulda looked more like a mistake if only one was wrong , but maybe they'll show up with a bent tire gauge , or a blind mechanic to the stewards meeting .

They'll have to be strict , given that they just told everyone off for slagging the skins .
Seemingly , Merc is expecting time penalty , as this was the likely reason for asking for "hammer time" .

One other thing came to mind as a possible penalty for the Hamilton camp was that at one point they gave him news about how his times were comparing to his team-mate .
Are they still allowed to do that ?

dj_bytedisaster
6th September 2015, 16:05

Their tyre pressures were okay, Mercs weren't, so what result did you expect?

steveaki13
6th September 2015, 16:06
The penalty will be adjusted to what's best for "the show".

Ah.... the show...... the curse of F1.

N4D13
6th September 2015, 16:07
smh at williams guys, yeah they are calling for DQ
of course they would
how about the safety issue of putting on the wrong tire
that should be a DQ right?

That point about Williams' tyres in Spa is quite good. I was actually thinking before that Mercedes might get a slap of the wrist if only because the stewards were actually quite lenient on another team in the last race, so it's only reasonable to expect that something like that could happen again.

However, that also implies a certain degree of consistency by the stewards, which, as far as history goes, has never been a recognisable trait in them.

Bagwan
6th September 2015, 16:11
According to Sky Germany the right rear tyre of both Mercedes and Ferrari cars were checked before the start because that's the wheel with the most load. According to them Ferrari were withing the limit and both Mercs were under-pressured. If that's true, they are cheating bastards.

Left rear , I think , dj .

gm99
6th September 2015, 16:13
The aftermath of the race seems to turn out more interesting than the race itself :p

dj_bytedisaster
6th September 2015, 16:21
Left rear , I think , dj .

Yeah, left rear, my fault. Doesn't matter though, according to Sky they checked the tyre with the most load and both Mercs were under with Rosberg being much more under the limit than Hamilton. In a rule infraction it doesn't really count though if you are one millimetre off or a metre. They DSQ'ed guys in GP3 and GP2 for it, any other decision would be inconsistent, especially as Hamilton's pressure stayed below the limit even during the race, when the tyre was at operating temp. On both cars it looks a bit too conspicuous for a 'mistake'.

Bagwan
6th September 2015, 16:22
Ah.... the show...... the curse of F1.

OK , the show then .
What's best for the show ?

Maybe you negate the now 2 race advantage that Lewis has over Nico , making for a boring outlook , and push the red car forward into contention in one foul swoop , by disqualifying both Mercs ?
That brings the Willys into the mix as well .

That's gotta be too tempting to not have Bernie at that meeting .

Bagwan
6th September 2015, 16:25
Yeah, left rear, my fault. Doesn't matter though, according to Sky they checked the tyre with the most load and both Mercs were under with Rosberg being much more under the limit than Hamilton. In a rule infraction it doesn't really count though if you are one millimetre off or a metre. They DSQ'ed guys in GP3 and GP2 for it, any other decision would be inconsistent, especially as Hamilton's pressure stayed below the limit even during the race, when the tyre was at operating temp. On both cars it looks a bit too conspicuous for a 'mistake'.

No criticism , just a simple correction .

steveaki13
6th September 2015, 16:27
Just saying the phrase "The Show" has been the curse of F1 since it started getting slung around. Maybe less show and more motorsport would be the answer. :look:

As for this season if it remains that Lewis wins and has 2 win advantage thats what he deserves. Cant force the season to be close.

Bagwan
6th September 2015, 16:36
Just saying the phrase "The Show" has been the curse of F1 since it started getting slung around. Maybe less show and more motorsport would be the answer. :look:

As for this season if it remains that Lewis wins and has 2 win advantage thats what he deserves. Cant force the season to be close.

DRS is for the show , and we still have that .
You can do anything you want if you're in the right seat , Steve .

I'm not saying it's right , but with a closer championship piece of fruit hanging so low on the tree , it's hard to see Bernie not at least trying to take a stab at picking it .

Bagwan
6th September 2015, 16:43
So , a couple of things bug me here .

First , it would seem that the pressure limits are set in regards to the safe range for the tires .
So , if that is true , and the FIA knew BEFORE they raced , that the Mercs were beyond limits , why were they not asked to pit first lap , or taken off the grid before the lights .
They were clearly not in compliance with the regs .

And , secondly , if it was not such a safety issue , but they were to be penalized , why were they not , before the race ended ?

Bagwan
6th September 2015, 16:57
What about the "when" of this as well ?

Merc was told they'd be summoned late in the race , and so , told Hamilton to "hammer time" .

Since they weren't asking Lewis to push before that , then either they didn't know they weren't in compliance at that point , or believed they wouldn't be punished for it , it would seem .

But , by the time that they were informed , there wasn't a lot of time to gain back any penalty seconds issued , as it was so late in the race .
This suggests they perhaps didn't know they were below the limit .

And , I think it also further muddles the issue of how to penalize them .
Lewis was in the range of 20secs ahead , and might have been able to get another ten if he'd thrashed it from the start to finish .

So , how many seconds do you add ?

truefan72
6th September 2015, 17:55
No further Action: The results stands!

I will wait to read he full FIA report
Toto wolf Said they demonstrated that they did nothing wrong from their procedural pov and
For some reason johnny herbert seems hell bent on making this a capital offense
thankfully hill, and blundle reign him in

truefan72
6th September 2015, 18:03
and as it turns out the problems as with the measurement protocols as the FIA released a statement saying that both cars were properly pressured when they were bolted on and that the issue was from fia and pirelli deciding when to take the measurement, In fact going on to say that they recommend both the fIA and pirelli firm up their measurement protocols to avoid further confusion. Furthermore as Davidson said, they probably demonstrated that their cars were perfectly inflated during the race rather than the cold tires when the car was standing still before the start. He mentioned that the psi rate during the race can clearly be measured especially if it was a safety concern issue, and unlike a wing, etc it can easily be proven that throughout the entire race the psi was above the recommended psi. Of course herbert was nonsensical in his response to that, but at the end of the day, sanity prevailed

steveaki13
6th September 2015, 18:06
That was a waste of 2 hours waiting around. :confused:

Nitrodaze
6th September 2015, 18:17
So , a couple of things bug me here .

First , it would seem that the pressure limits are set in regards to the safe range for the tires .
So , if that is true , and the FIA knew BEFORE they raced , that the Mercs were beyond limits , why were they not asked to pit first lap , or taken off the grid before the lights .
They were clearly not in compliance with the regs .

And , secondly , if it was not such a safety issue , but they were to be penalized , why were they not , before the race ended ?

You are right Bagwan, this looks quite fishy to me. The stewards had loads of time to enforce a drive through, which was what Williams got in the last race for mixing up their tyres. Leaving it to the end and putting the Merc team under the possibility of a DSQ at the end of the race is weird and dodgy.

Nitrodaze
6th September 2015, 18:20
and as it turns out the problems as with the measurement protocols as the FIA released a statement saying that both cars were properly pressured when they were bolted on and that the issue was from fia and pirelli deciding when to take the measurement, In fact going on to say that they recommend both the fIA and pirelli firm up their measurement protocols to avoid further confusion. Furthermore as Davidson said, they probably demonstrated that their cars were perfectly inflated during the race rather than the cold tires when the car was standing still before the start. He mentioned that the psi rate during the race can clearly be measured especially if it was a safety concern issue, and unlike a wing, etc it can easily be proven that throughout the entire race the psi was above the recommended psi. Of course herbert was nonsensical in his response to that, but at the end of the day, sanity prevailed

Storm in a tea cup after all :-)

truefan72
6th September 2015, 18:26
Storm in a tea cup after all :-)

yeah, it was

here is a concise and better writtten report of the matter
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120688

henners88
6th September 2015, 22:23
I watched the race 6 hours delayed as the weather was strangely too nice to stay in today. Glad penalties didn't interfere with the result, I enjoyed the race, great to see Felipe in front of his old fans too. Also nice to see Vettel applauded instead of boo'ed this year at Monza.

Au revoir.

zako85
7th September 2015, 01:40
It was a pretty average race on an above average circuit and with above average crowd of fans. If Kimi didn't stall, if Rosberg didn't catch fire, everyone would have finished nearly where they started, although P2 or P3 was more likely for Rosberg.

gm99
7th September 2015, 10:52
That was a waste of 2 hours waiting around. :confused:

Which followed the waste of 1,5 hours watching the race :p

The Black Knight
7th September 2015, 13:09
I'm so glad that the Stewards decided not to take any action against Mercedes. It appears there is a grey area in the rules between the starting tire pressure and the racing tire pressure and the FIA needs to clear this up. To punish Mercedes due to this grey area would have been wholly unfair. It's good that common sense prevailed in this case.

Awful race at Monza. One of the most boring in recent times but I guess this has always been the case of F1. The good come with the bad.

rjbetty
10th September 2015, 07:38
Well I didn't wake up till about 3 laps left, caught the rest on the bbc text site since I don't have a tv licence.

First thing I noticed: Where's Kimi? How did it go wrong this time? I was thinking he could be in with a chance of a superbly popular win in front of the Tifosi, but given Hamilton's gap to Vettel in the Ferrari, it probably wouldn't have happened I guess.

Honda kinda suck. I thought Arai-san's comments previously suggesting it was the McLaren chassis that was letting the side down was very odd. Unless I see different I will maintain that McLaren is a pretty good car, I never said it was a Mercedes beater, but I'd have it right up there if it's honed in.

Now I'm all for being patient with Honda, I wouldn't expect miracles right away, but still much more than 2sec off the pace with 2/3 of the season gone. I expect they will improve in 2016 but the gap is still so big.

Then Rosberg's engine blows up, the first Merc retirement this year. Mixed feelings about that one cos I hear the team instructed him to turn it right up or did it for him.

Marcus Ericsson is looking pretty good at the moment! He's outqualified Nasr 6-6 this year now. I think Nasr's pretty good, but I was never one who thought he was a super super talent. Am happy for Marcus cos I think we know he isn't the best of the best but he seems plucky, gets on with the job, and gives his best.

Felipe Massa is getting the better of Bottas on merit. I knew they were pretty close on pace but I in all honestly would have expected Valtteri to have pulled pretty clear by now. Not at all wanting to make excuses, but do we think his back is affecting him? Only throwing the possibility out there, don't hate me!! Is Massa really back to pretty much 2008 form or is Bottas being underwhelming, like Hulkenberg having a slump after missing out on Ferrari?

Nice one Bernie, for wanting Monza to go. I've got a better idea, why don't YOU go?

Jag_Warrior
10th September 2015, 19:28
I read a summation of Kimi's race, and his entire season, the other day. It said that if Kimi had a duck... it would drown. :(

The Black Knight
11th September 2015, 09:02
I read a summation of Kimi's race, and his entire season, the other day. It said that if Kimi had a duck... it would drown. :(

That pretty much sums it up for me as well. Not a good season for Kimi, again!

AndyL
11th September 2015, 11:29

Not much has changed since 2007:
http://www.hs.fi/fingerpori/s1349761711933
The caption says "Kimi Räikkönen's childhood."