PDA

View Full Version : Donkey(s) of the Race- Team edition

veeten
23rd August 2015, 14:55
New category!

Pick the team that has been the most "Eee-Haw" of the race.

and I believe we ALL know whom won that today, hands down. ;)

gm99
23rd August 2015, 15:00
Team Willy? :p

steveaki13
23rd August 2015, 15:18
Williams all day long.

gm99
23rd August 2015, 15:29
Ferrari a close second, though. A 7th place finish is probably not what they expected of this week-end.

truefan72
23rd August 2015, 15:30
only donkey was the williams pit crew that put on the wrong tire

N4D13
23rd August 2015, 15:44
Just a gentle reminder that this was going to be McLaren's breakthrough race with their upgraded-and-improved engine. Well, getting 55 grid places as a penalty for one of your drivers certainly is a breakthrough and a benchmark that is unlikely to be surpassed by anyone else in the history of the sport.

I am really surprised that Bottas didn't get a more stringent penalty. I'd have understood the drive through if he'd pitted to remove the wrong tyre right the lap after his pitstop, but it was truly ridiculous that he was allowed to complete a full stint with a wrong tyre.

dj_bytedisaster
23rd August 2015, 15:56
The massive grid penalty for Macca was deliberate. They couldn't start further back than bog last anyway and penalties don't carry over, so they deliberately installed two new engines in both cars. That gives them two more engines for the rest of the season which they won't be penalized again for. They simply exploited a loophole in the rules.

As for the donkey: Williams - no contest.

N4D13
23rd August 2015, 16:07
The massive grid penalty for Macca was deliberate. They couldn't start further back than bog last anyway and penalties don't carry over, so they deliberately installed two new engines in both cars. That gives them two more engines for the rest of the season which they won't be penalized again for. They simply exploited a loophole in the rules.

As for the donkey: Williams - no contest.
That's right. The reason I'd consider them my donkeys is because Mr. Arai talked up these new engines which, at the very least, might have been slightly farfetched.

longisland
23rd August 2015, 16:21
Williams during race day & Honda, not Mclaren for the weekend

Nitrodaze
23rd August 2015, 21:40
Williams pit crew by miles. And Honda engine for failing to deliver on promise and hype.

kfzmeister
24th August 2015, 05:51
I'd like to cast a vote for Ferrari and their botched attempt at getting VET on the podium by leaving him out there with 27 laps on those tires. Pirelli recommended no more than 22 laps on that particular compound. Considering what happened to ROS this weekend and what could have happened had VETs tire blown a bit earlier, we might have had a disastrous fatality......
If i were VET, i would have been pissed at my own strategists and not have blown up at Pirelli.

Rollo
24th August 2015, 06:38
only donkey was the williams pit crew that put on the wrong tire

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others,
By the time I've finished my song?

Williams should appoint a two new Technical Advisors - Big Bird and Count Von Count. The first of those can help them with their colours and the latter will help them in counting up how many tyres they need (Warning: this may result in needing to fit Green or Blue tyres).

Jag_Warrior
24th August 2015, 07:44
Easy one: Williams.

Total amateur hour.

The Black Knight
24th August 2015, 08:25
Williams - can't look past them putting two different compounds on. Furthermore, what was with Bottas first number of laps? I'm really not convinced Bottas is all he is made out to be.

Nitrodaze
24th August 2015, 13:14
Williams - can't look past them putting two different compounds on. Furthermore, what was with Bottas first number of laps? I'm really not convinced Bottas is all he is made out to be.
Comparing Massa's grid position relative to Bottas, you have to hand it to the chap. Williams got the setup wrong again. The car just did not have a good race balance. They were always going to drift backwards after a great qualifying.

The mid-field teams such as Force India and Williams are lacking something in their race day operation that prevents them from reaping the rewards of the work they put in on the saturday. It is mostly poor race strategy and in Williams case, shooting ones foot by fitting an incomplete set of tyres. This reflects the gap between Ferrari and Williams and why Force India with a fast Mercedes engine is 6th in the constructors championship table behind Redbull with a slower Renault engine.

Storm
25th August 2015, 14:42
Williams. No contest.

Same team which won WDCs and WCCs in the past.