PDA

View Full Version : Hungarian track boundaries

Bagwan
25th July 2015, 15:11
Can someone please explain to me why the drivers are being allowed to go outside the white lines on this track ?
Charlie has reportedly said that it doesn't gain them time , so it's OK , but , if it doesn't gain them time , then why are they doing it ?

I don't get it .
Why is the white line sacred at other tracks , but not this one ?

rjbetty
25th July 2015, 17:07
I don't like it at all either. Put at least a line of gravel there, with tarmac on the other half. That'll put an end to it.

It's not good enough to have this in F1. SMH

kfzmeister
25th July 2015, 17:16
Can someone please explain to me why the drivers are being allowed to go outside the white lines on this track ?
Charlie has reportedly said that it doesn't gain them time , so it's OK , but , if it doesn't gain them time , then why are they doing it ?

I don't get it .
Why is the white line sacred at other tracks , but not this one ?

Funny. I thought the same thing when i watched qualifying.

I recall reading an article where some of the younger drivers like Verstappen and Kvyat criticized the course for being too tight and not having enough run off areas like the newer courses. Its a course where drivers are punished for tiny mistakes.

Not sure, but perhaps they are a little more lenient partly due to that.

Bagwan
25th July 2015, 21:33
The track is too tight to stay on it ?

See , that's the thing .
This seems altogether illogical , to suggest that they don't gain any time because of it , when it's the fact that they are going too fast that's causing them to stray off the track in the first place .

Is there something obvious that I'm missing here ?
My brain hurts .

truefan72
25th July 2015, 22:41
Hamilton found a way to stay well withing the track limits and still take pole.
i agree that too many folks were well off the track
lucky i wasn't a steward

anfield5
26th July 2015, 05:28
Should be like other sports, I.e over the line is out - simple.
If there isn't enough room, maybe that is because you are trying to go too fast, so of course going off track is an advantage, I.e. it let's you carry extra speed onto the straights. Wake up Charlie!

AAReagles
26th July 2015, 08:47

Nah, I don't think he gave the reporters a bum steer about those drivers going through a learning curve.

Bagwan
26th July 2015, 13:08
Nah, I don't think he gave the reporters a bum steer about those drivers going through a learning curve.

That one went over my head .
Can you explain ?

Whyzars
26th July 2015, 14:37
Should be like other sports, I.e over the line is out - simple.
If there isn't enough room, maybe that is because you are trying to go too fast, so of course going off track is an advantage, I.e. it let's you carry extra speed onto the straights. Wake up Charlie!

Exactly.

Track boundaries represent a virtual hard object with the actual hard object nowhere to be seen for safety reasons. Works for me.

If 4 wheels cross the track boundary at the same time its an immediate drive through penalty. No ifs or buts.

Is anybody actually in charge of the circus these days?

zako85
27th July 2015, 12:58
As long as the cars don't cross the Slovakian border, that's fine. It's a small country.

Bagwan
27th July 2015, 13:58
As long as the cars don't cross the Slovakian border, that's fine. It's a small country.

So , crossing the border makes it a language translation issue .
That makes the most sense so far .

airshifter
3rd August 2015, 13:22
It seems track limits only apply on certain tracks, and at times are only watched closely during qualification. I wish they would just make up their minds one way or another and enforce the rule in a fair manner all the time.